Community Forum

Why is there an up-charge for Country Music fans?

New Poster

Why is there an up-charge for Country Music fans?

Why does Comcast include 5 MTV channels, 6 BET channels, and 2 VH1 channels with their best channel lineup offering, but is wanting me to pay an additional $9.95/month for CMT because it’s part of their “Sports Entertainment Package?”

Isn’t this discrimination against Country music? And how is it considered a “sports” channel? Every other TV provider offers CMT as a basic channel. Even Viacom, the company that owns all these channels, is quoted saying that this is a breach of their contract, and that Comcast is pocketing all of the profits.
Expert

Re: Why is there an up-charge for Country Music fans?

@Jpanek13 wrote:
Why does Comcast include 5 MTV channels, 6 BET channels, and 2 VH1 channels with their best channel lineup offering, but is wanting me to pay an additional $9.95/month for CMT because it’s part of their “Sports Entertainment Package?”

Isn’t this discrimination against Country music? And how is it considered a “sports” channel? Every other TV provider offers CMT as a basic channel. Even Viacom, the company that owns all these channels, is quoted saying that this is a breach of their contract, and that Comcast is pocketing all of the profits.

Can you cite a recent source for this "quote"?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.