Community Forum

Why is my MGMHD channel gone?

Contributor

Why is my MGMHD channel gone?

I watch MGMHD all the time and now it disappeared. I get a V58 error when trying to tune it in.

John
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Why is my MGMHD channel gone?

Comcast dropped this channel a couple months ago. You cannot receive it with any programming package.

Gold Problem Solver

@drhull wrote: Comcast dropped this channel a couple months ago. You cannot receive it with any programming package.

Cite? It still shows available in the channel list for my area in South Central PA.

Diamond Problem Solver

Cited,
https://www.xfinity.com/facts/MGMHD

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Why didn't Comcast inform me of this change? The last channel list I received was in January, and it included MGMHD.

I know Comcast reserves the right to change the service at any time but I expect them to notify me of these changes ahead ot time.  In addition I expect a reduction in my bill to compensate for this loss, pro-rated back to when the channel was eliminated.

John
Gold Problem Solver

@CCAndrew wrote: Cited, https://www.xfinity.com/facts/MGMHD

Thank you.

@falsedawn3 wrote: Why didn't Comcast inform me of this change? ...

It might be listed on a bill from earlier this year. The "Additional information" section of my bill (in South Central PA) dated 2-5-2019 included this note:

Xfinity TV Update: As of February 1st, 2019, MGM HD channel will no longer be available on Xfinity TV.
Contributor

I do look my bill over each month but just in case I missed it I went back over the bills since January, and there was no mention of MGMHD going away. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

John