Community Forum

Why can't we watch the Charlotte Hornets on xfinity anywhere?

New Poster

Why can't we watch the Charlotte Hornets on xfinity anywhere?

Why

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Why can't we watch the Charlotte Hornets on xfinity anywhere?

Pardon me for asking, but what's your ZIP Code?

I assume you get at least one "regional sports network."  Most Hornets games are on Fox Sports Southeast.  If you don't get that one, then you're out of luck - even if you did get it, if you don't live in an area where the Hornets are considered the "local" team, then Xfinity would be required by the NBA to black out the game.  (It's not just Xfinity; U-Verse, for example, has to do the same thing.  It's also not just the Hornets; this applies to every major league baseball, NHL, and NBA team.)

The Hornets will have some games on NBA TV: 11/9 at Philadelphia, 11/13 at Cleveland, and 1/14 at San Antonio.  Also, the 4/10 game at home against Orlando will be on ESPN.

New Poster

I am in Charleston and the Hornets are on Fox Sports Carolina which Xfinity doesn't broadcast anymore. I did figure out I can get Fox Sports Go and watch it on my laptop since I subscribe to Xfinity.
Regular Contributor

The Hornets are on Fox Sports Southeast starting this season, according to this press release.

New Poster

It's on Fox Sports Carolina which Xfinity is not broadcast locally in Charleston. However, I have discovered I can get it on my laptop with Fox Sports Go app since I am a subscriber to Xfinity