Community Forum

Why are you charging me for a TNT show?

New Poster

Why are you charging me for a TNT show?

Hello,
I really like the show, the Alienist. It started in January, 2018. I am enjoying watching it and suddenly I have to pay to watch a show that I missed last Monday. I called Comcast and they said it is because it is no longer on the air! Yes, it is! There are 2 episodes left. So why am I paying when TNT IS PART OF MY BASIC CABLE PACKAGE?
Valued Contributor

Re: Why are you charging me for a TNT show?

@Belairmz wrote:
Hello,
I really like the show, the Alienist. It started in January, 2018. I am enjoying watching it and suddenly I have to pay to watch a show that I missed last Monday. I called Comcast and they said it is because it is no longer on the air! Yes, it is! There are 2 episodes left. So why am I paying when TNT IS PART OF MY BASIC CABLE PACKAGE?

I just checked and I have two options:

TNT: Free

Turner: Buy $2.99

I believe buying means you have the episode permanently, while the free version means you watch it ON DEMAND.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why are you charging me for a TNT show?

Comcast's OnDemand system is getting out of control. Many shows, even broadcast networks, are showing up as requiring payment. I am assuming it is a bug, but not one Comcast wants to fix as they are profiting from it.

See this thread:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Paying-to-watch-NEW-shows-on-subscribed-networks-is-getting/...