Community Forum

Why 4 Create channels?

Contributor

Why 4 Create channels?

Why do I have 4 seperate Create channels in my line up? Why not give me or us something we want to watch other than the same content on 4 channels?

Expert

Re: Why 4 Create channels?

@shipper50 wrote:

Why do I have 4 seperate Create channels in my line up? Why not give me or us something we want to watch other than the same content on 4 channels?

What are the 4 channel numbers for "Create" that you are seeing, and you believe are in your lineup.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

1154 1159 1197 1199 .......................

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Pardon me for asking, but what's your ZIP code (so I can look up your channel lineup somewhere)?

Or, can you get to the online channel listing for your area, and tell me the call letters for the four channels youi listed (not just "Create", but they should be something like "WXYZ-DT3")?

Create is a subchannel on some PBS stations.  Some areas are close enough to two stations that they might get both of their Create subchannels - for example, Toledo (WGTE) and Bowling Green, Ohio (WBGU).  Why you would get four, I don't know; it could be that you get two, and each one appears twice for some strange reason.

Contributor

My zip is 46062 as in Noblesville In. I have seen this 4 channels and most of the time I have same programs on all 4.  Doesnt make sense to me to pay the fees we pay and have the same programs.

Regular Contributor

1154 belongs to WIPB, Muncie

1159 belongs to WFYI, Indianapolis

I don't know what 1197 and 1199 are supposed to be; they're not listed on the TV listings that I have for your ZIP code.  It could just be a glitch with the local Xfinity system.  It could also be that two of the channels are HD and the other two are SD.  (WFYI's version may also be on channel 114, and WIPB's on 213; I assume both of those are SD.)

It's also possible that one belongs to WTIU in Bloomington and the other belongs to WFWA in Fort Wayne, but I doubt it.

Expert

@ThatDonGuy wrote:

1154 belongs to WIPB, Muncie

1159 belongs to WFYI, Indianapolis

I don't know what 1197 and 1199 are supposed to be; they're not listed on the TV listings that I have for your ZIP code.  It could just be a glitch with the local Xfinity system.  It could also be that two of the channels are HD and the other two are SD.  (WFYI's version may also be on channel 114, and WIPB's on 213; I assume both of those are SD.)

It's also possible that one belongs to WTIU in Bloomington and the other belongs to WFWA in Fort Wayne, but I doubt it.

The channel list above 1000 is nothing more than another way of listing  channel order. You are most likely correct with your reply.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

So basicly I am paying for channels I get 4 times and not getting anything for it? Sounds typical of Comcast.

Contributor

Now after calling Comcast on Friday evening and them taking down my complaint I still have the same 4 channels and no solution.

Contributor

Things are the same as they were when I started this post. 4 channels with the same programing on my TV. Guess Comcast doesnt read these posts or care.

Expert

@shipper50 wrote:

Things are the same as they were when I started this post. 4 channels with the same programing on my TV. Guess Comcast doesnt read these posts or care.

I have a hard time understanding why it is a problem. If we are out in our Motor-home we get multiple channels from different transmitters (OTA) with same programs. Some are for different packages on cable.

Just pick one and watch it. 

Contributor

I aint in a motor home. I am at my house and pay $116 a month to watch TV and Internet. Why should I just pick one when I have 4 channels the same? That was a stupid answer.

Regular Contributor

@shipper50 wrote:

I aint in a motor home. I am at my house and pay $116 a month to watch TV and Internet. Why should I just pick one when I have 4 channels the same? That was a stupid answer.

Don't most channels appear twice - once in the 1-999 range, and once in the 1000-1999 range? You are actually only getting two Create channels, but each one is assigned two numbers.

As to why you are getting two different Create channels, it's because each one belongs to a different PBS station that you are also getting.  It's not as if Comcast has some sort of limit on how many channels you are getting, and there is another channel that you are not getting solely because you get two different Create channels.

Contributor

All 4 of my Create channels are from 1154-1159-1197-1199 and at times the same exact progam is on all 4 at the same time. This doesnt make any sense to me as why am I getting the same programs in my billing? Give me something I want to watch instead.

Official Employee

shipper50 wrote: All 4 of my Create channels are from 1154-1159-1197-1199 and at times the same exact progam is on all 4 at the same time. This doesnt make any sense to me as why am I getting the same programs in my billing? Give me something I want to watch instead.

The information that (ThatDonGuy) provided is correct in regards to you having multiple channels that play the same content. I replied to your PM, please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

We’re sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Contact us at 1-877-680-7173.

This what I get everytime I try and look at the shop and upgrade screen. I called in about this at least 3 weeks ago and its still the same.  I am not trying to change or place an order, just look at what is out there for me as a customer.

Official Employee

@shipper50

Sorry for the delay, I can help with this error. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.