Community Forum

Where is Heroes and Icons TV Channel?

New Poster

Where is Heroes and Icons TV Channel?

Is this going to replace KVOS or MeTV?

Have seen commercials for Heroes and Icons TV Channel on MeTV.

No idea what channel it is on.

Thanks!!!

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Where is Heroes and Icons TV Channel?

It's a local broadcast network, like MeTV (MeTV and H&I are part of Weigel Broadcasting). One of your local broadcast stations would need to carry it, then also have an agreement with Comcast to pass it on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_%26_Icons

Gold Problem Solver

If it is carried by Comcast in your area it will be listed here http://www.heroesandiconstv.com/wheretowatch/

New Poster

What is Channel 12.3?

Still unclear.

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

12.3 is the broadcast channel (using an antenna.) Also found a link to this (hopefully it covers you):

http://www.seattle.gov/Documents/Departments/SeattleIT/cable/Comcast_ChannelLineup_JAN2016.pdf

From that link, it looks like 343 is Movies!, which is 12.2. (MeTV is 12.1). You can look around 340-345 to see if H&I is there, as Comcast tends to bundle subchannels from a station together.

Official Employee

CW8 wrote:

Is this going to replace KVOS or MeTV?

Have seen commercials for Heroes and Icons TV Channel on MeTV.

No idea what channel it is on.

Thanks!!!

We don't currently offer Heroes and Icons in your area from local station KVOS-TV.

KVOS-TV has elected cable carriage for their Movies! sub-channel on channel 343 instead of Heroes & Icons. 

It's possible that KVOS Heros & Icons may be received in your area via an over-the-air antenna, depending on terrain and other factors - available over the air as mentioned above at 12.3.  

New Poster

Very bummed that Comcast is not offering Heroes and Icons channel in my area.

Seems odd that KVOS is offering Movies! on sub channel 343 instead of Star Trek.

With all the tech companies and geeks in Seattle, one would think replacing Movies! with Heroes and Icons would garner more viewers....

Sigh....

Official Employee

CW8 wrote:

Very bummed that Comcast is not offering Heroes and Icons channel in my area.

Seems odd that KVOS is offering Movies! on sub channel 343 instead of Star Trek.

With all the tech companies and geeks in Seattle, one would think replacing Movies! with Heroes and Icons would garner more viewers....

Sigh....

You can reach KVOS at the below: 

KVOS TV BELLINGHAM
Barkley Village
3111 Newmarket Street
Suite 108
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360) 671-1212

KVOS TV SEATTLE
3223 3rd Ave. South
Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98134
(360) 671-1212

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

A couple of days ago H &I changed to Me tv . Still could get the programming even though the listed programing did not match what was on at that time . Then yesterday ME tv would not come up at all and said they were trying to reconnect the signal. Today it redirected me to channel 76 and that was a shopping channel and does not broadcast any of the shows H & I had . It does say it will broadcast those shows between 6 pm and 11pm however when i advance to see what those shows will be they are not listed. If H & I is a part of the Comcast broadcast then I would ask why doesnt Comcast know what and when shows are being broadcast . Who has oversight over the shows being shown on Comcast . In other words who is in charge of getting us the shows as they were presented previously when we signed up for Comcast? 

Silver Problem Solver

H&I is not related to Comcast. It is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. Several stations recently underwent ownership changes that caused a change in what networks are being carried. Comcast simply passes on what is broadcast by the station.