Community Forum

What is wrong with BBC America?

Highlighted
New Poster

What is wrong with BBC America?

Recently the quality of the broadcast has gone WAY downhill and all the shows and movies have gotten a serious case of the jerks. I realize digital compression results in panoramic pans that tend to move and then temporarily stop but what's happening on BBC America is NOT this behavior.

All movies and shows have gotten ridiculously jerky to the point of not being watchable and as much as I hate to say it, it's a Comcast problem having watched at friends homes that don't have Comcast and NOT seeing this behavior.

Please do your customers a favor and fix this.... SOON!

Official Employee

Re: What is wrong with BBC America?

Hello, LG53. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues when trying to watch BBC America. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I had the same trouble when I recently hooked up a new tv. Was streaming BBC shows on Netflix, and had never had trouble on the old tv, but like you said, every thing looked weird and jerky. I read that the BBC films using different frame rates, and the suggestion was to go into your TV settings and turn off any sort of motion control and cinemascope. I did that and it worked like magic...the picture totally went back to normal. Hope this works for you
New Poster

@scrapses wrote:
turn off any sort of motion control and cinemascope. I did that and it worked like magic...the picture totally went back to normal. Hope this works for you

Worth a try, thank you.

New Poster

@scrapses wrote:
turn off any sort of motion control

THANK YOU! That fixed it.

Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, LG53. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!