Community Forum

What happened with MLB Network in HD?

New Poster

What happened with MLB Network in HD?

MLB Network is not showing up on channel 795 on HD but only on 185 in regular definitiion.  Is it going to be back on HD?  The guide goes from 794 then to 796.

Regular Contributor

Re: What happened with MLB Network in HD?

Intersting guess a call needs to be made to tech. Are you able to see it on on tv app? and done a system refresh.

Let us know how this one is solved.

Good luck on expedient fix.Man Mad

@Adrian65 wrote:

MLB Network is not showing up on channel 795 on HD but only on 185 in regular definitiion.  Is it going to be back on HD?  The guide goes from 794 then to 796.

Nothing on 1219 MLB also?

Does it show under program listenings here or elsewhere?

Again good luck and wish quick resolution SD baseball is not good.

New Poster

Nope, can't see it on line either.  I called and they just said tht it was only on 185.

Regular Contributor

It looks like you need a technician to check it out and most  likely be fixed elsewhere.

New Poster

For you COMCAST USERS who have the MLB Season Package as I do.....here is THE TRICK everyone needs to know.

Most Comcast Subscribers Complain that the MLB Package is broadcast in a 1980's version of NON-HIGH DEF....

Here's the trick - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW !!

Take your remote and using the VOICE FEATURE - Hold down the Voice feature and say the following:

"MLB Extra Innings BETA"  - Say it exactly like that, do NOT deviate and Up pops a screen with all of the leagues and teams.....scroll to your desired game (Reds vs. Cardinals) and POOF - There is your game in full 1090  FULL HD !!! 

You'll thank me later if you use ComCast and are sick and tired of the Low Resolution games in MLB ! 

Regular Contributor

Did you get it fixed.

That makes no sense as if had been getting it HD and now SD only?

Silver Problem Solver

Sounds like the beta test could mean it's using an IP feed, which is why it requires X1.

Regular Contributor

The OP is refering to a single channel but if went through various steps unplug box ,system refresh etc tech call needs to be made so service Tech can make reports to get it back?

To OP.  Did you get it resolved and if so how?

Highlighted
New Poster

As of 8/9/19, MLB is no longer available on our TV--it used to be on channel 721.   Technical support from Comcast technician via phone did not help.   Would welcome any solutions or suggestions to this problem. 

Official Employee

louisemirkin, thanks for letting us know about your channel issues. Let's troubleshoot your channel line up. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Is there a fix for this yet? I just purchased the sports package to watch mlb network channel 738 for me and it's in SD.