Community Forum

What happened to the CW channel?

New Poster

What happened to the CW channel?

Does anyone know what channel CW is on now.  It use to be on channel 8, but no longer.  I have always watched the Arrow and now I can't find it.  I called Comcast and they didn't even know what I was talking about.  Thanks for you help in advance.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What happened to the CW channel?

There is another thread about it here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/CW-TV/m-p/1847443#U1847443

Basically, the station on channel 8 was bought by somebody else and dropped CW. Supposedly, another station has picked it up, but I don't know if they've mentioned if Comcast carries that one or not.

New Poster

Thank you so much for your reply.  I talked to Comcast and they no longer have CW.

New Poster

Great new related to the CW channell.  I talked to WJTV (cbs)  in Jackson, Ms.  CBS has picked up the CW channel, It is a subchannell.  For Comcast customers it is 212.  I was told the guide is still showing the weather, but it will soon change to the CW.  The CW station is working on 212.  If you live outside of the Jackson area you may want to call you CBS affiliate.   I am so excited I will be able to see Arrow.

New Poster

I called customer service too about 4 times and everyone seemed to be clueless until I kept persisting and I was told that too. How awful! I watched so many shows on this channel. I will have to come up with a different plan. For know you can watch some of the shows on demand(channel 1) a day or two after it airs.
New Poster

This is a major disappointment. I love this channel.
New Poster

It is on 302
New Poster

It's on 11
New Poster

I too like CW. The channels that were mentioned isn't CW, but I'm in Falmouth, Massachusetts. I'll keep looking.

New Poster

Thank you hills519 for your response.  I live in Jackson, Ms.  and we now have it on two chanells.

New Poster

I went to watch Maury and it wasn't on. I would think Comcast would tell us about the changes.

Problem Solver

Usually Comcast includes lineup changes in the monthly cable bill. If you don't get a paper bill you can access a PDF version by logging into your account. For example in April this was in my bill:

News from Comcast

Effective 5/31/2014, CSS channel 67 and CSS HD channel 1652 in the Digital Starter Tier will no longer be available.

Effective 4/10/2014, Bloomberg in the Digital Starter Tier will be available on channel 103 and effective 5/28/2014 Bloomberg will no longer be available on channel 251.

Official Employee

hills519 wrote:

I went to watch Maury and it wasn't on. I would think Comcast would tell us about the changes.

Apologies. I am seeing the CW Boston on channel 8 (708 HD) in your area from WLVI-TV Boston. 

You can contact WLVI at the below: 

WLVI TV CW56
Sunbeam Television Corp
7 Bulfinch Place
Boston, MA 02114

Viewer Feedback / Programming
Email your local or network programming comments and questions to program_feedback@whdh.com.

Official Employee
Moved: