Community Forum

What happened to RT News?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What happened to RT News?

We'd been enjoying the different perspective on RT News (Russia Today-America) for years, available on leased channels 103 and 1099 on Comcast. Then suddenly around holiday time lately (Dec. 2018) RT news disappeared without explantion, replaced by infomercials.  What happened?

We called Comcast, and the earnest agent was clueless, never heard of RT and of course could not find it on the official "lineup".  But SOMEBODY must know what happened!.  Any info would be appreciated.

This smacks of Orwellian "memory hole" technique wherein unapproved stuff simply disappears without explanation.

Expert

Re: What happened to RT News?

There are some other posts on this missing channel in other sections of the country, on this forum.

The app still exists on "smart" tv's and other IPV devices.

You can also find it by using "You Tube" and using the search field to locate it by name.

I should have added: Anyone who can get "You Tube" has access to this and other channels for watching news in other countries. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: What happened to RT News?

RT is really important to Comcast lineup because it adds diversity and "different voice".  whereas Comcast continues to add channels on the lineup, however, ALL the channels follow one single narrative, the US/Western narrative. so there is a France 24, a NHK (Japan). but all these are voices follow the same US narrative.  what we need is different voices, RT (Russia), CCTV (China) are important voices.  as viewers, we may not agree with everything RT, CCTV, however, we need different voices so that we can make our own decision. putting many many channels but with the same voice is boring.  yes, i know i can go to You Tube on the internet.  but i am subscribing to a CABLE TV service.  if i want to go to internet, i would NOT be paying for my cable TV.