New Poster

What happened to MeTV (Channel 196) ?

As of today (3-22-18) the verbiage on channel 196, which was MeTV, now says:

"The programming previously

offered by this station is no

longer being provided."

Is it being moved to another channel ?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What happened to MeTV (Channel 196) ?

MeTV is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. It sounds like your local station dropped it. Comcast has no control of this and simply passes on what is broadcast.

New Poster

That's the story I read on the MeTV web site. The problem is with KOFY not Comcast/Xfinity. Somewhere I read MeTV is available on Kofy 20.2 (might be just another name for channel 196); the website says it available on AT&T verse channel 136, but I am not going to subscribe to another provider. I hope Comcast (or someone) picks up the slack MeTV is one of the best nostalgia channels out there, if not the best.

New Poster

Why doesnt .xfinity replace the channle with a new station? We're still paying .xfinity the same amount but getting less programing.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast can only carry local stations. And even then, it depends on how greedy the station is. They can use 'must carry' rules to force Comcast to carry them, but Comcast is only obligated to carry ONE channel if they broadcast multiple channels, and cannot demand Comcast pay for the right. Others may demand retransmission payments from Comcast before carrying anything.

New Poster

I was hoping I could still find 'me tv' as an OTA channel in SF but I can no longer find it there either. Wouldn't that mean kofy simply no longer has that channel?  Reminds me of how 'antenna tv' disappeared overnight in SF a few years ago. I am paying more and more for cable tv and the channels I like the best just disappear. Comcast, please bring them back or replace with equivalent channels.  

Silver Problem Solver

It may take awhile for another station to pick it up, or for KOFY to put it on a new subchannel and get Comcast to carry it. I did find this link:

http://www.kofytv.com/me-tv/

New Poster

From what I read kofy chose not too resign station
New Poster

I think it's time to re-evaluate why I'm paying $$$ for a product that does not have the value?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast/Xfinity PLEASE give us MeTv in the San Francisco bay area. I don't want to switch to AT&T or Dish but they have MeTv so why can't you too? I know KOFY chose not to carry but if the other cable companies carry it why can't you?Please try to figure out how to provide your customers MeTv. Thank you.
New Poster

Here is another vote for bringing back “MeTV”!!

New Poster

PLEASE bring back MeTV!!!!!
New Poster

MeTV continues to available in the Bay Area (via KOFY, I believe) from DISH and AT&T Uverse

This angers me, and I blame Comcast 

Frequent Visitor

I really miss Metv especially the Saturday night programs , if anybody reads these posts please bring MeTV back !!!  

New Poster

Me miss my METV ☹
Frequent Visitor

Comcast - are you listening (reading)? WE WANT OUR METV!
New Poster

I would like to se MeTv back on Comcast and I have a solution for Comcast.  In the East Bay, Cable channel 23 is KCRA out of Sacramento.  On one of their sub-channels, they have MeTv.  So, if they can bring in KCRA main feed, why not the sub-channels?

Silver Problem Solver

They may not have an agreement with KCRA and are using must-carry rules (only 1 channel required to be carried), or that agreement only allows for the carriage of the main channel.

Frequent Visitor

Is there any update on when Metv might return to Comcast? The KOFY website states "MeTV’s upcoming over-the-air and Comcast Xfinity channel positions will be announced soon". I was hoping to find out when this might happen and what channel MeTV might be assigned. As of todays date there have been no updates unnounced by MeTV.

Thanks 

New Poster

Try channel 216 on Comcast in the Orlando area.

New Poster

Try Channel 216 in the Orlando area for MeTv

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the San Francisco bay area , waiting for MeTV to return to our airwaves. From what I have heard elsewhere they (MeTV) are working on finding another station afiliation but will probably be a while. Meanwhile no Sci Fi Saturday and no Svenghoulie ......... 

Silver Problem Solver

There is a MeTV app for Android, and I assume iPhone/iPad. It does NOT require a cable subscription for verification. It offers live streaming. No Roku app. Not sure about other platforms.

Frequent Visitor

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silver Problem Solver

Just to add, several other networks have apps for various platforms that don't require a cable subscription. I know Comet (science fiction network) has a Roku app. There is also PlutoTV, which has a ton of various legally free channels.

Regular Visitor

@Julie200 wrote:

Why doesnt .xfinity replace the channle with a new station? We're still paying .xfinity the same amount but getting less programing.