Community Forum

What happened to Comet, MeTV, and Grit

New Poster

What happened to Comet, MeTV, and Grit

These 3 stations were among the few that I watched on a regular basis.  What happened to them and how do we get them back?

Regular Contributor

Re: What happened to Comet, MeTV, and Grit

I still got them in my lineup

New Poster

I don't.  they disappeared.

Silver Problem Solver

Where are you located? All of those channels are carried by a local broadcast TV station. The station may have dropped those networks, or the station may have been dropped by Comcast for various reasons, including "Designated Market Area" issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_market

Frequent Visitor

Re: What happened to Comet, MeTV, and Grit ??

I was wondering the same thing !! I have contacted Comcast C/S, and the two regional managers concerning the same question, but, as of yet, have not received any legitimate reply / resolve. Those channels were viewed a LOT in THIS household, and if not restored, then....
.....that that fiber optic TV & Internet provider ("Metronet") who keeps sending their advertisements to my home just MAY be getting a call from me.

P.S. How am I going to survive without "Svengoolie"??!! (lol) !!!!!  ~D.R.

Contributor

Comcast doesn't have anything to do with it. These are digital sub-channels of over-the-air local stations. Over time, numerous networks of the MeTV variety have sprung up, and it seems the local stations  bounce around between them somewhat often. They get contracts to carry them, which expire, and the local stations try something else. Comcast simply re-broadcasts the digital sub-channels, they have no control over the programming. Do some Wikipedia research on these networks for a better understanding of how they work. 

Frequent Visitor

Well....I, for one, truly appreciate you taking the time and effort to address that problem for those of us who miss certain programs on other 'other' stations that have been removed from our viewing list [ i.e. ~ 1) #433 (Cozi TV), 2) #420 (Grit TV), 3) #421, and 4) #510 (MeTV) ].

I did not realize the truth of the matter (that is, what you had written in your informative and courteous reply), but now having the info. you shared will help me to pursue the challenge of SOME how getting those channels back (if possible).

But....is there SOME way....SOME how....SOME one at Comcast could make a stand for the “Customers” and could possibly arrange (on our behalf and for our viewing pleasure) for those (very missed) channels to be added back into our monthly TV viewing package? 'Anyway at all? Is Comcast even aware of our concerns? By removing all of these well-watched programs, we (Comcast's faithful decade-long Customers) feel we have been “short-changed”....that is......NOT getting our money's worth. Sad-but-true.

Well....thanks again and reply back if you'd like. ~D.R.