Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Regular Visitor

Re: ID channel

I just got off the phone with Comcast the ID channel is no longer available to order period. If you have the old box bla bla bla you still get it because it falls under the old contract bla bla bla. The top people at Comcast want more money in there pocket for lavish lifestyle and made a calculated move to drop those channels to keep more in there pockets knowing most will not change. But it may back fire time will tell
New Poster

ID channel

What happened to this channel? We just had it a few days ago and it’s “no longer available”! This is one of the major channels I watch. Do you all really wanna lose business? Bring it back or I’m going to satellite.
Contributor

ID (Investigation Discovery) channel, any answers?

We have an older paln, could swicth right now and get faster internet, a movie channel and save about $20 a month

BUT
It seems a handful of channel will disappear - including ID, which is 80% of our viewing time!

SO we are stuck on the old plan, cost more until Comcast & ID kiss and make up.  Any clue as to when this will be (or how long it has been going on?)

Would love som,ething official from one of the Comcast Emmployees!

Contributor

Re: ID (Investigation Discovery) channel, any answers?

sorry for some poor spelling there

hey @ComcastTeds - heartd anything about this?   

(You've always been helpful in the past  Smiley Happy )

Official Employee

Re: ID (Investigation Discovery) channel, any answers?

Hello, jbrady33! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I totally understand where you're coming from, it's one of my favorite channels as well (Homicide Hunter is the best)! 

While this channel isn't available in our newer packages, it's still available in the Starter lineup. We understand that this is disappointing for some customers but in order to offer our customers a wide variety of content at the best value possible, we sometimes need to make difficult choices. We worked hard to create packages with the broadest possible appeal while maintaining value, and these changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors. Though we don’t share specific details publicly, this includes programming costs, alternative viewing options, overall viewing habits (i.e., lighter-viewed programming), and more.

I still want you to be able to save money, so let's review the account together to see if there's another way! Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started.

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.” 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: 220+ channels

crime & Investigation is also not available, at lease in my situation. This is has been very upsetting for me and my family. 

New Poster

ID Discovery Channel gone

Xfinity coverage area Berks County, PA - Reading.  Had Channel 111 ID Discovery, now its gone and told that it is not availalbe in our area.  Why?

Official Employee

Re: ID Discovery Channel gone

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with Investigation Discovery and other channels. In some markets, Investigation Discovery is available in current packages or grandfathered packages (packages no longer available for purchase) and in some markets, it was removed completely. Billing notifications were included in impacted markets in the months leading up to this change.

We understand that this is disappointing for some customers; in order to offer our customers a wide variety of content at the best value possible, we sometimes need to make difficult choices. We worked hard to create packages with the broadest possible appeal while maintaining value, and these changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors. Though we don’t share specific details publicly, this includes programming costs, alternative viewing options, overall viewing habits (i.e., lighter-viewed programming), and more.

Customers can access select Investigation Discovery content on YouTube via the X1 app. Details about the Xfinity YouTube app can be found here

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I D channel

Why did you cancel The ID channel on my moms cable ???? She sold her house and moved from point A to point B 3 miles down the road. She took her equipment and notified you that she moved . Nothing else changed still using her name and equipment she DID NOT CHANGE HER PACKAGE!!! When we hook up she lost the ID channel and getting the run around about contract this and that and YADA YADA. But she did not change package she just moved, there for she should still have her channels since she did not change her package. Anyone want to explain why she lost channels ? <Edited>. And to show more mild shows. Really I can watch a show at 3 AM about adult toys. Come on Comcast really. Oh I am waiting on a reply about my moms ID channel even though she did not change packages she just moved. Thank you for your time and response . Have the CEO call and explain his decision Of cancelling the ID channel so I can better understand his / her decision. Thanks again

Regular Visitor

Re: I D channel

Discovery is available in current packages or grandfathered packages (packages no longer available for purchase) and in some markets, it was removed completely. She grandfathered in correct ?
Contributor

I hear you but if one goes to Direct TV or Dish TV or Verizon  Direct and Dish any little rain, snow or wind storm you lose signal and Verizon if their satellite or whatever they call it is not close enough to your residence you lose connection it is a no win situation I wish there was some other way I could purchase the ID channel only after all this technology there really should be some way and yes I agree everything now a days is about $$$$$ it is sad You have a good day

Administrator

@Mgoforth2028,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that your mother has experienced during her recent move. I know moving can be stressful enough. During the move process, you are assigned a new account number. Although services may be identical to the previous residence, each address and customer require a unique identifying number. 

As mentioned in the Best Answer on this thread, in some markets, Investigation Discovery is available in current packages or grandfathered packages (packages no longer available for purchase) and in some markets, it was removed completely. Billing notifications were included in impacted markets in the months leading up to this change. 

You can verify if Investigation Discovery is still available in your area here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup. If you would like to have an Official Employee verify your mother's package, any agreements, or if you would like to add the channel (if available), please post your questions here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/bd-p/CustServ_CustServ

We apologize again for the inconvenience your mother has experienced. 

Official Employee

Re: ID Channel

Hi Dell8412.  I did not receive a private message from you. Please send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

Official Employee

Hello, Mgoforth2028, thank you for reaching out here on the forums. I understand how concerning it is to lose a channel! ID is one of my favorites. 

Thank you for your feedback regarding ID. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

Regular Visitor

Missing channels, Investigation Discovery and others ???

Ok,  I recently changed my package when I called to drop everything but internet, dropping just the HD Premiere Bundle and was told would save me money etc etc and I would still have all the "non-movie" channels that I had....I would only lose the subscription movie channels, HBO, Cinemax, Starz etc. My billing statement after the switch showed the Preferred TV package and I did have all my channels that I watched when the billing cycle changed.  Now all of a sudden this week, mid-cycle I am missing ID, WEtv, and couple others and have the message "A subscription is required", channels I had lost (Viceland and a couple others) are now back. Was there a sudden package change and why do I not have an upgrade option available for it? The brand new billing statement that just became available for August no longer says Preferred it says 200+. I am very frustrated by this unannounced change, channels listed in your Preferred Plus I have but not ID when I just had it last week???? 

New Poster

ID TV

I am so upset that  I had my billed raised and to get a better price she changed my package  Saturday and I lost ID TV. No one said I would lose the channel, probably because they are telling you that they are looking at your usage and what deal they are going to give you. I called back later on Saturday and spoke with Ashley who told me the contract was not renewed, telling me it would be back if they worked things out.  This is why I am looking elsewhere, maybe another cable provider will have it and  I can go there. This is why I left Comcast last time.,the customer is not the main focus. 

Frequent Visitor

ID and Cancellation

I wanted to cancel HBO to save some money and then it turns out in the process that I had ID canceled on me. Wasn't told this was going to happen and very angry that it did. Read somewhere that you can go back to your old package within thirty days. Not sure if this is true or not. Already had a couple of runarounds about this. If this doesn't change I'm going to DISH, DIRECTV, SLING, etc.etc. In newly competitive environment this doesn't make sense. 

New Poster

Re: Channels being removed

Yesterday an xfinity worker was doing line work outside my house. Then later I noticed some of the channels were gone (ie travel, ID, history, discovery). I was upset because when I signed my contract those channels were part of it. I called and asked what the deal was. They said if you made changes to your plan then they had the right to take those channels away. I informed them that I had made no changes. I was sent over to another person. I told them what had happened and again they said if you made changes then they would take those channels away because they were no longer with xfinity. I assured them as well I made no changes. The person I talked to looked into my account and also saw I made no changes. And wouldn’t you know after they “investigated” it those channels started working again. So my advice, if you signed a contract with them and those channels were part of that contract, make no changes to your service otherwise you will most likely lose those channels.
Frequent Visitor

<Edited> missing channels

My 2 year promo ran out 2 weeks ago so I was given a new bundle .All that was to change was I was giving up pay channels to reduce the bill. But now I am missing Up TV, WGN,WE, DISCOVERY ID. I have been told 3 different stories-it’s a legal issue they are working on , the channels don’t exist anymore and last rep told me they are not being offered , even though they show up on my channel guide AND I can tune to them but get a message I need to subscribe.   So out of curiosity I asked my sister who lives a couple miles from me if she has these channels and she does! All I want to do is switch my package back t include these channels and all I get is a run around for hours on the phone! <Edited> I am so tired of spending hours on the phone ! Anyone from Comcast here that can fix this?

Official Employee

Re: Missing channels ???

Hi there, sls0124. 

I want to help you out! I can take a look into what channels are still available and see what I can do to further help. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

Investigation Discovery

I just started Xfinity TV a short while ago and was told ID was included in my lineup. Of course I find it interesting that you cannot find out what your channels are until you've already committed to a year of service! I am supposed to have 200+ channels, but what I really have is about 25 channels in several variations! I wanted ID and would not have chosen this package or Xfinity if I had been told I couldn't get it. I really feel ripped off -- mainly because 200+ channels sounds like a lot, but it's really not what you get!

New Poster

WGN, ID Discovery, other channels...

I have been a customer of Comcast since it started in Michigan.  I swear, they do everything they can think of to anger their loyal customers.  Prices are OUTRAGEOUS and now they are dropping favorite channels!!  I want WGN, ID Discovery, WE and the other channels back!! I pay over $200 a month to Comcast and now they're taking away favorites!  Grrrrr.....

Frequent Visitor

Re: WGN, ID Discovery, other channels...

Same here!

Frequent Visitor

They still have these channels and for some reason take them away when you switch to a new bundle. Then they lie that they are not available anymore! My sister who lives a few miles from me still gets all these channels, but I do not. It’s crazy! I too have been a customer for over 30 years. 

Official Employee

Re: Channels being removed

Summer6, sorry to hear about your experience but I am glad you posted it here. True, channel line ups are subject to change so if you move to a new package, it is possible a channel change may apply as well. A few folks in select markets had a few networks that were removed because we were not able to renegotiate a viable contract with those networks. In the end, our goal is to provide customers with the best value for their services. 

Summer6, it sounds like your issue might have been entitlement related. Glad we were able to get to the bottom of it! 

Ken

New Poster

Upgrade service and LOSE channels? And not told that would happen!!!!

After 2 year service agreement, upgraded service and lost at least 3 channels. ID, We, WGN America. If I’d have know by paying more you would lose current channels that I actually like I don’t think I would have upgraded. I would have probably downgraded! Not happy at all! It would have been nice for the customer service rep to be open and honest about it. No mention whatsoever. I called tech support thinking something was wrong. Spent an hour troubleshooting with normal and advanced tech support. Service call today and that’s when the tech said it was cuz I upgraded!!! Seriously Comcast??!!??
New Poster

I'm with you!!!

New Poster

Re: Upgrade service and LOSE channels? And not told that would happen!!!!

At least my customer service representative told me what I was losing. But, the fact is, that WE, ME, CW, and WGN disappeared from my TV even before I "upgraded." The rep did tell me that some channels (he mentioned TruTV) were going to be dropped and got added back after people complained. So, maybe we need to make as much noise on this Forum as we can.

New Poster

After I found out from the service tech, I looked it up on here are there is one post that is 13 pages long about the deleted channels that started last year. Doesn’t look like Comcast is in any hurry to add them back.
New Poster

I JUST GOT COMCAST  BACK AND FJ

IND OUT THEY DONT OFFER ID CHANNEL ANY MORE   WHY ?

Contributor

Re: ID and Cancellation

It makes sense to them. We’re still paying the same rates without these channels we love so they’ve lost nothing. People say they’re going elsewhere but few do because they’re in contract and because it’s a hassle.
And when I said too much they banned me from the forums for a month so this is probably my last post! I just wanted to share for the last time after seeing and understanding your frustration. I hope this helped a little.
Contributor

Re: ID and Cancellation

And no, most are finding they can’t go back to different package. Once you’ve lost it it’s gone. I think it’s because you’re now in a new contract and ID was grandfathered in old one. But I’m just guessing on that part.
Official Employee

Hi there, doogiej.

I want to help to improve your experience. I can not get the channels back but what I can do is try to find a promotion that better fits your needs! We do regularly evaluate our channel lineups and make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. 

Thank you for posting! 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

Re: Investigation Discovery

I got ID until I UPGRADED my package yesterday. I still have the “preferred” 200+ channels but increased my internet speed. So I gain a little speed and lose channels. ID is still advertised a in my package but that I don’t get it anymore. Probably time to cut the cord.

New Poster

Id channel

Seems like xfinty is to worried about other services getting wlns channels back then they are about getting the id channel back shameful about to stop my service
New Poster

Investigation Discovery and WEtv

When is Xfinity bringing these channels back to the line up?

New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery

I am finding the same thing.  I may be time to cancel and start back up with Verizon.  Being lied to is cause for cancellation!!!  If I have to pay a cancellation fee, I just might do that.

Regular Visitor

WE TV and Discovery ID

I have been a Xfinity customer for the last three and a half years I have moved three times just moved about a month ago and transferred my server have the same package that I had previously just sat down today wanted to watch something on Wii or Discovery and found out that it says available by subscription only I have looked I have got the top package - the pay channels and it is showing is not available in reading the forums I am seeing that Xfinity grandfathered in Old contracts but no new customers I am not a new customer I am not happy about losing two of my favorite channels what gives here
New Poster

ID tv

Why are you taking ID Channel and WE from your Preferred and Preferred plus customers , which cost more and putting it on your starter package which is cheaper.  That means that you are cheating me out  of channels.  

New Poster

ID Channel is gone again

Why does Comcast keep discontinuing the ID channel?  AGGGHHHHH

Official Employee

Hi, doogiej. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base one more time. 

Did you have any other questions? 

New Poster

no id chanal

i cant find id chanal

New Poster

Investigative ID, WeTv, WGN channels not accessible!!!??!!!

I dropped Vz Fios to come to Xfinity, at first i was happy, then i upgraded to another package and then you took away channels that i watched (Investigative ID, WeTV, WGN), it made absolutely NO SENSE, and when I inquired, i got two different stories from Xfinity, not sure which is true, because i have a friend that lives in a neighboring town and he has Investigative ID, granted he has a different package.  Why take away such a basic channel? I could see if it was a movie channel but a cable channel?  I didn't have these types of issues w/Fios and may just go back to get those channels!!  You all need to stop the nonsense and bring those channels BACK, as MUCH as you CHARGE per MONTH, those channels should be a part of my package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Official Employee

Re: Id channel

Hi there, recruiter4thmic. 

Comcast has no current plans to offer the channel again. However, we do regularly evaluate our channel lineups and make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. 

Maybe in the future, it will get re-added! 

Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer! 

Regular Visitor

Investigative discovery channel

So it looks like Comcast has lost over 200,000 viewers in the 2nd quarter of 2019. I wonder why.....oh that's right, you remove channels such as Investigative ID and never inform customers and get still charge for channels that NO ONE watches. Great business practice. If ID is not back by September 2019, I too will be switching providers.
New Poster

I'd channel

I was forced to upgrade when I moved last month and was told I would have the exact same package as before. I was told that I xoild not change to new addreaa without upgrading. In the process I lost the Id channel as well as others...when I called I was told that Comcast no longer carries the Id channel. This is one of our most watched channels. When I go to it it say a go to xfinity.com to upgrade. I already have the next to highest package. I would have never upgraded had I not been forced to especially if I had known I was going to lose this channel. I am considering changing providers.
New Poster

No more Investigative Discovery???

My original 2 year subscription expired. I renewed and now I don't have investigative discovery. I called and they said it had been grandfathered in. So, how do I get it back? I live in Sterling Heights, MI area.

Official Employee

Re: Id channel

Hello, recruiter4thmic. 

I wanted to reach out one more time before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions for me? 

New Poster

ID Channel...????

i was told when we signed up that we would have this channel. when will this channel be avaiable its on our top 5 we always watch!!! my husband is upset and wanted to cancel! 

New Poster

Misrepresentation <Edited>

I just switch from Directv to Comcast tv. When looking online at my address it shows the different channel lineups. I’m also an existing internet customer so I know my address was in their system. So I ordered the preferred 220+ tv package. When I try to tune in IDTV it shows a subscription required. I’ve been told on the phone that the contract expired. But it’s still available on tv only packages.