Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

New Poster

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

What did Comcast release the ID channel?? Also released Oxygen WE and TruTV??
Official Employee

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

Hello  Katie4_1. 

In your area, these channels are located:

• Investigation Discovery SD Channel 111
  • Investigation Discovery HD Channel 899
  • Oxygen SD Channel 123
  • Oxygen HD Channel 931
  • WE tv SD Channel 117
  • WE tv HD Channel 836
  • TruTV SD Channel 187
  • TruTV SD Channel 841

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you. I was told that Comcast dropped these channels from all packages. Is that not true?
Admin1

Katie4_1 -- Investigation Discovery is still available in our Starter package. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

All of those channels say ‘This requires a subscription’ when we try to tune them in. We have the 2nd highest package and those channels also don't appear on the channel guide we were sent. The first time we called in we were told that those channels were all a la carte only. We called back inside our 30 day guarantee to cancel since ID is one of our most watched channels and the rep told us that they would be back but Comcast was currently negotiating with them and she guaranteed that our package would include them once the negotiations were complete. We are still unable to watch these channels. This is in the Pittsburgh market if it makes a difference.
New Poster

Thank you so much that does help!
New Poster

On new packages these channels are gone from all lineups. June 20, removed from all old packages as well. Very unfortunate
New Poster

I just renewed my Comcast and was told everything will remain the same and I lost investigation discovery what's up with that.
Official Employee

Hi @italylover55

The investigation discovery channel is available in Starter or higher in your area. I can review your account to see if we have any packages available if you'd like? In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Official Employee

@Ruger_357

Which channels are you referring to? 

@starsalign8

I'd like to look into that for you. To my understanding you would need starter package or higher to see this channel. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

Frequent Visitor

I live in the Philly area. Just upgraded to the Super Triple Play which includes the Digital Premiere TV lineup.  Like the rest of the folks on this thread, I have now lost all of these channels: 

WE
TRU
UP
ID
OXYGEN
WGN

I just talked to someone at Comcast and she told me that all of these channels were dropped from all packages as of May 9th. She said that nobody is getting them.  This is the third time I inquired about the situation and this is the third different answer I received.  

Is this true? I’m just trying to get the real facts.  None of the agents seem to really know what is going on.  It is hard for me to fathom that basic channels like this were dropped, or are not part of the highest priced TV  offering. Thanks.

New Poster

I watch the ID channel all the time and I am very disappointed, as others stated it's gone.... you call comcast & get conflicting answers.  If the channel has been dropped please bring it back!!!  I get every channel with my package but when you go to the channel it says  "you need a subscription call customer support."   I've called support and all confirmed I every channel but can't give me a definitive answer on what happened to the ID channel???????  These packages are way too expensive to not get your favorite channels but worse you don't get any notification on changes and it sounds like changes like this are not even being communicated to comcast emplyees!!!  I get an email on every other little thing but not changes like this that actually effect me... aggravating!  Does anyone know what actually happened to this channel?

Official Employee

I'd be happy to review your account to see if there are any starter packages available that will include the channels you want. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

New Poster

In Keystone region, you can’t get ID, Oxygen, Tru Tv. They are gone on all packages on the “GoBig” campaign. Existing legacy accounts lose them in 2 weeks.
New Poster

I'm also near Philly...NJ side. I just switched to comcast due to a better deal and was told they had more channels than verizon. i switched from verizon b/c of $$ value. Very disappointed. Not sure what to do. We love the ID channel and shouldn't have to pay more for it as it was always a basic channel before. 

Regular Visitor

I just upgraded today at 4 pm in the south jersey area and was told I would get ID, well I don’t and now my bill went up?! What is the deal?! They create an Advanced Repair ticket, leading me to believe it will be fixed. I am not hopeful after reading all this. How can I get it?! Also, UP HD is not working but should
Frequent Visitor

Check all of these channels. None of them work for me after upgrading. SD or HD. 

WE
TRU
UP
ID
OXYGEN
WGN

Regular Visitor

Hello bg78-

You are right! None of those channels work. Very very unfortunate.
New Poster

Re: What Happened to Investigation Discovery (ID)

I am new to Xfinity and everytime I try to click on the ID channel it says I need to upgrade my subscription. I called Xfinity and the person on the phone said they were in negotiations with the channel. Does anybody know if this is correct or is it just gone from the lineup?

Regular Visitor

Re: What Happened to Investigation Discovery (ID)

This makes no sense, if ID was removed from their line up, how come my boyfriends parents line up still offered it and it is actively working?!?!?
Regular Visitor

ComcastChe:

You really should read your internal emails before consistently telling people channels are available when they are not.
New Poster

I was just told that the ID network was removed from all new packages in my area, I live in Roxborough/Manayunk area. Current customers are grandfathered in, Very unfortunate.

Regular Visitor

@philo1166 wrote:

I was just told that the ID network was removed from all new packages in my area, I live in Roxborough/Manayunk area. Current customers are grandfathered in, Very unfortunate.

Phil:

Channels were removed from all packages..... current and new.  No one is grandfathered in... I've had HD Premier HF for years and they're unavailable to me 

New Poster

what I was told today by a comcast supervisor is that they are currently negotiating with those channels & that everyone should be losing those channels shortly, if they havent already. This is in the philly area, as I was surprised today that they were no longer there after upgrading to the Super Triple Play, which shouldnt have to get a "Starter" package or pay 67 extra dollars for those channels.

Frequent Visitor

Ditto here. Leave it to Comcast to upgrade you to the top-tier package and then turn around and want to charge you additional monies for a “starter” package that includes basic channels like these.  I can’t figure out if the people running the company are this dumb, or they just are out to screw the consumer as much as possible.   

New Poster

I know a few people who still have it

New Poster

I still have those channels but was told today that if I opt for the Super Triple Play I will lose those 6 channels even though I've been a customer of Storer/Comcast/xfinity for 40 years. I think it's ridiculous.

New Poster

Those channels used to be - but no more.... BRING BACK ID AND OXYGEN PLEASE.
CAN COMCAST ANSWER IF THEY ARE EVER GOING TO BRING THOSE CHANNELS BACK
Regular Visitor

I don't think that's necessarily true! I still have the channels and from what I was told is they will eventually go by some account reps, other account reps say they are renegotiating !? Who knows ! I know Comcast claims they listen to the consumers now ! I laugh because I know people loved the channels they took away because they don't wanna pay what these broadcast stations are demanding putnplain and simple ! The mobile application , do you remember you could record when you were out and about for your DVR ? Well Comcast took that option as well . I have the HD complete but last week I also had Directv installed and I have all the channels and it will be cheaper for me ! Soonas my family learns Directv - its bye Bye Comcast! The largest of all cable providers and they offer the least and steadily take stuff away ! 

Regular Visitor

Form what I was told they will not offer you that channel any longer period. Only people who have ID are the people who are grandfathered into their old plans !

Regular Visitor

AGREED ! They are no longer as why I switch to DirecTV 

Regular Visitor

No true , I still have the channels because I was grandfathered in , i went to New package until I found out I lost my channels. True they no longer offer it but old plans still have it. I'm in the Richmond Virginia area 

Frequent Visitor

Re: being able to record a show on your DVR when you were out and about ... I read where they lost a lawsuit, being accused of copying/stealing that technology from some other firm. That’s why the functionality is no longer available and I guess they don’t want to pay for it. Why make it convenient for the consumer I guess when it costs them more money.
New Poster

Gone in Annapolis. Are we getting back?
New Poster

The bottom line is this: the ID channel among others, WE, TrueTV, etc. have been removed from all packages once you upgrade or change service. If you keep your existing package, these channels are still accessible. Xfinity reps will lie to you (I have documented chat sessions and phone recordings) by telling you "no channels will be lost with an upgrade." However, once you upgrade these channels are lost and when you inquire you will be told "the rep that told you that was incorrect, sorry for the miscommunication." The unfortunate business practice that xfinity seems to be employing is deception. I phoned to upgrade my internet to the gigabit service. Was told through chat and phone conversation that I "would not lose any channels and actually gain Netflix and the 1gig internet for just $19 more a month". Well, I got the new service and immediately found that I lost all those channels (ID, We etc.). A second chat session introduced me to more lies from a rep. who told me she found nowhere in a prior chat session that a rep promised me a credit for tech service. Then, I copy&pasted the information which led to more backhanded apologies for the miscommunication. All deception and lies. The customer service and business practices of this company are horrible. What's wrong with just telling someone the truth. All the rep had to say was, upon upgrade you will lose certain channels because we no longer offer them, just be aware. However, for fear of losing customers, they lie about service and just beg for forgiveness and understanding when you complain. The company has a very poor customer service training program that obviously entails a large section on "bait and switch" and "use of the word miscommunication".
New Poster

I get that y'all dropped those channels, however I was told that I could stream ID Discovery but when I can't do because even in the Go app its says upgrade subscription
New Poster

I had ID until a few weeks ago. What happened. The have the preferred plan. Please help
Regular Visitor

Hi, I was told that they are no longer offering these channels as they don't have contracts with them. Only grandfathered accounts still have them. Okay, I get that, but then why IS it offered on other packages? There is a huge disconnect. We are getting squeezed at every corner and getting products we may not need. I don't need the sports for ex., but have to have them and pay an additional fee. wth?! Comcast get your act together, it's not a monopoly out there anymore.
New Poster

I no longer get the ID or WE channel. I'm so upset, I was told I was grandfathered in, but upgraded my package and lost the channels. Now comcast says I can go back and forth get my "old package" but its gonna cost $28 more than what I was paying. Can you please help
New Poster

I am in the northern VA area and was told this channel along with some others are not part of any Xfinity packages right now and that package of channels are being renegotiated.
New Poster

Have been a Comcast customer for many many years.  Resently decided to bundle and upgrade.  Big Big Mistake!  Worse thing I could have done.  Lost ID; Oxygen and WE.  Called Comcast the day after the change requesting to go back to my original plan and was told even if I went back I still would not have those channels (if you already have it you get to keep it but once you switch they are not offered).  The thing is I asked before accepting the new plan if I would be able to keep my current channels and was assured I would along with all the new channels.  At this point I feel deceived.  Major Major Disappointment as ID is one of my favorites.  Have spoken to at least five different Customer Service Reps and Philadelphia Corporate Office to no avail.  Have five days to decide stay or leave.   

New Poster

Comcast customer for many many year. When I decided to bundle and upgrade I too was told I could keep my current channels.  Not So.  So now the channel I watch the most often ( ID )is gone, with no indication it will be bought back, and Comcast will not give me back my original plan which included ID, WE and Oxygen.   Comcast  Rep listen to the recording  and verified I was told I could keep my original channels along with the new ones that were offered;  however, nothing has changed.  I thing this is a shabby way to treat loyal customers.  Comcast should find a way to restore these channels.  I would never have switched had I been made aware  they were no longer being available.

New Poster

I am a long time Comcast customer (Phila) who several weeks ago decided to upgrade and bundle.  Lost that channelas well as several other.   If you have it and don't change plans, you can keep it.  If you change you loss them.  Verizon still offer it according to their plan line up.

New Poster

Phil, not so.   Until a week  ago I had all three channels for years.  Upgraded and bundled a week ago lost all three channels.  But my daughter who has her old plan still has those channels.  Don't change plans or you will loss them.

New Poster

I’m having this same issue as well. I know when I move a month ago I received this channel, but since adding another receiver to my account I am not longer able to view these channels. I also have the Preffered package with blast internet, and home security. Why am I no longer receiving these channels since the packages have not changed?
New Poster

Scam at its finest

I have had xfinity for about a week and I can honestly say that its the worst decision I have every made in my life. Xfinity is the only cable provider that my apartment can get so basically I was forced to get it. When selecting my package I was told that I would get the ID channel. This is basically the only reason I have cable tv because its my favorite channel. So I set up the internet and the box for xfinity and the ID channel says its not included in my package. I called and complained saying that I was specfically told I would get this channel and Xfinity told me that ID will no longer be offered in any of their package deals. I'm beyond annoyed and frustrated with their service. One service member tells me one thing and then another tells me something completely different. It is pretty clear that there is no communication skills within their service. I'm highly disappointed in my customer service experieces. In my opinion, it looks like it was just a scam to get me to purchase their cable even though it was going to screw me in the end. 

Regular Visitor

Re: What happended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

I live in 15301 and today I went to the xfinity store to change my service. I continue to have the triple play but downgraded my cable to digital preferred. The Xfinity employee told me that the Investigtion Discovery channel will be gone from all comcast packages effective Aug 2018 (regardless of the package your have). Is this correct?

New Poster

When is it coming back it’s my favorite channel
Regular Visitor

Ditto.  I am so upset about losing these channels.  We all need to contact our local governments.  Cable systems are licensed by municipalities and your city or town will have an office that is in charge of regulating cable just like any other utility.  If Comcast won’t listen to their customers maybe they will listen to the people in charge of their operating license.  Which when you get right down to it is us, through our elected officials.  I will be contacting my local office tomorrow.  I am also going to contact Discovery.

New Poster

I am new to comcast service and have been told That the ID Channel and One America News are NOT part of any packages.  The ID Channel is a must around our house . One American News is a no frill, striaght forward, unbiased news program. When will this be added?  I am willing to give back all my "spanish speaking" channels and the "sports" channels for these two options.  Please bring them back and on board as soon as possible. Thank you!