Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Official Employee

Re: I'd channel

Hi there, Kbrooks4.

I received your private message and will reach out ASAP. Thank you for posting to the forums.

A quick clarification, regarding the forum guidelines, make sure you hold on tight for us to reach out once your post is made. This is per our guidelines on the forum.

Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Investigation Discovery Channel???

I added TV service because they had the Id channel and was told that I would have it. I will be canceling TV service as soon as I can. They LIED about this channel!!! 

This channel was one of the most watched in my house too. xfinity TV service is not as advanced as Satellite service too. They need to catch up to Satellite service. 

New Poster

Investigation Discovery

I am a frustrated customer. Before I moved in October 2018 I had the ID channel and I LOVE that channel. In speaking to the representative I was told that if the channel wasn’t still in my package when I moved it could be added as an a-la-carte channel. <br><br>Since then I have tried and tried to add it but of course there is some “negation” going on. I call occasionally and still no resolution. I’d switch to something else if all the other services didn’t stink so bad 😡😢😡😢
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

You have it listed in your channel lineup, for all your packages in my area except the 10+. Yet when ever you go to click on the channel it says you have to upgrade. Now I don’t think it’s fair to tell your customers you have a channel that they can not watch. Nor can they not sign into the app and watch because evidently there is something going on between the cable provider and that network. Yet Comcast does not care that the customers keep trying to get on the channel to watch it. What ever it is quit taking it out on the customers and fix it already so we can catch up on our shows! 🤬🤬🤬🤬
New Poster

Channel Lineup

Please advise why I no longer have access to the channel of Investigative Discovery

New Poster

investigation discovery

Why does xfinity only offer ID in a tv only package and NOT with tv and internet package in the 19030 area? It makes no sense at all!! I cancel xfinity when they dropped the channel.. and I find out that my neighbors still have the channel and they have xfinity!!! <Edited>

New Poster

Where is Investigation Discovery?? Bring it back

Just moved to nw Chicago suburbs only to find out there's No Investigation Discovery??
Get back to negotiations and please get this channel in your lineup.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Where is Investigation Discovery?? Bring it back

Comcast has ID in the Chicago area. It's 271 (SD), and 324/1444 (HD). Oddly, it is NOT included in some higher packages, only lower ones. TruTV and a few others are also in that weird situation.

Official Employee

Re: I'd channel

Hello, Kbrooks4. We have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Investigation Discovery HD

I recently signed up for the X1 package, and now I cannot watch ID in HD, it tells me i need a subscription and its not in my lineup, I had starter package before and had ID HD. Why on earth would I lose that channel by upgrading?

Contributor

ID Channel - "Contract Issues" - InvestigationDiscovery's response

Bottom line - Comcast is being the problem with the 'contract issues' and only they can fix this

Couldn't repy in the "what happened to ID" thread so I started this one.  Been hearing for MONTHS now that it was 'contract issues' and just wait for it to come back.  Can't change plans (even though I want to go to faster internet) because if this channel family goes away we might as well cancel the TV service. (don't care one little bit about endless sports channels)

So I tried it from the other end and reached out to ID:

Customer By Service Web (Jeff Brady) (07/30/2019 12:53 PM)
For the love of God and all that is Holy will you PLEASE work out whatever the problem is with Comcast/Xfinity? NONE of thier new plans offer ID (and your other channels) and they have been blaming it on "contract issue that needs to be worked out" for MONTHS now.
What is the problem? Can you forward this to someone that can do something about it please?

Response By Email (Erika) (08/20/2019 02:06 PM)
Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us about losing access to one of your favorite channels on Comcast. Recently, Comcast has created new package options that do not include Investigation Discovery in select areas. We understand that this can be confusing and frustrating for our viewers. We encourage you to contact Comcast to make them aware that, as an ID fan, you are disappointed in the change to your service. Viewer demand for a network is the best way to ensure it is added back to your channel line-up.

Thank you again for contacting us and we are grateful for your  interest in and support of our programming.

Best regards,

Investigation Discovery Fan Relations

New Poster

Can't get a straight answer about what happened to the ID Network!

What is wrong with this company?!?  I recently became a Xfinity customer.  When I signed up, I asked the customer service rep IMPLICITLY if I would have the ID Network as part of my package.  I was told "Yes."  Guess what?  No ID Network!  I've called and chatted with reps.  I've been told different things by EVERY representative!  One told me the contract is being renegotiated and the channel will be back soon.  Another told me the channel was completely dropped and will not be coming back.  The REALLY funny part is that my brother - who lives 10 minutes away from me - still has the ID Network.  How is this possible?  When I inquired with yet another representative about this, I was told he would be losing the channel, too.  Yet, another representative told me he is "probably" grandfathered in and will keep the channel.  Huh??  This is ridiculous!  The ID Network is one of my favorite channels!  I would have NEVER switched to Xfinity if I had been told the ID Network would not be part of my package.  Instead, I was completely lied to by a Xfinity rep when I signed up.  Additionally, no one seems to be on the same page with regards to what is going on with the ID Network.  Does no one that works at Xfinity communicate anything to their employees?  Are they just making up stuff when you call or chat with an issue?  This is ridiculous!

New Poster

Why is Comcast stealing are channel and not reimbursing us.

Comcast has taken a channel which they can do and replace it with another CHANNEL under my contract with the TRIPLE PLAY PLAN. They took away cinemax and replaced it with HITZ which is not a channel but an on demand service just so they can turn around and charge me to keep cinemax. Then what do I see but offensive programing like BILL COSBY'S GHOST DAD on Hitz REALLY,REALLY. You have taken away a channel,plain and simple, you have not replaced it with a channel you replaced it with a link to really bad on demand program. We jump through hoops to make sure you get your money and we keep our cable and internet yet you wont do the same to keep me as a customer.
New Poster

ID channel

When we changed our Direct TV to Comcast in June 2019, the ONE channel that I was interested in was the ID channel. Since the Comcast rep assured me that the ID channel would be in my lineup, we made the change to Xfinity. Biggest mistake of my life since it seems that the ID channel is NOT available, regardless of the price. Any suggestions??? I would gladly pay extra for the ID channel.
New Poster

Why cant we get basic channels like the ID Channel?

We've been a customer since 1994 and recently asked to help reduce our bill a little. Guess what? They removed The ID channel along with a few others. We pay 200/mo for this??? Asked to get it back and was told not possible. "Didn't you get notified" No one told us or I wouldn't have made the change. Rep said it was included in the package for it to be gone. My granddad loves the channel. He is 90 years old and watches specific things. Guess what is possible, changing cable provider who offers it. 24 years of Comcast loyalty down the drain! Spectacular customer service!!
New Poster

Why is the ID Channel missing from our program line-up?

WHY IS THE ID CHANNEL GONE FROM OUR TV LINE-UP?

1. We called Comcast on 7/3/19 to requesting an upgrade in our internet speed, period.  
  2. Instead of upgrading our internet speed via a' la carte, the rep changed our entire subscription service from the  HD Complete to HD Super Triple Play stating, "there would be no change in our TV Lineup just an upgrade in internet speed".
  3. Unbeknown to us, his change removed our FAVORITE STATION,  Investigative Discovery (ID) Channel!!!  
  4. Now, this change CANNOT be undone (this according to Corportate Supervisors & Service Reps)!!  The codes are gone!
  5. We are ourtraged, angry,  and feel defrauded, as the Comcast Rep who did this, did so without our written or verbal consent!
  6. After 10 years of continual service we are now rethinking our loyalty to Xfinity/Comcast.  This seems like a slick upper-management move that reeks of fraud, directed to remove grandfathered subscribers from the ID Network Channel because the negotationed cost savings couldn't be made.   Shame on you Xfinity/Comcast!!
New Poster

ID channel

when is Xfinity getting ID channel !!!!
This is horrible worst cable company ever and so expensive.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: ID channel

Most of Comcast has the ID channel. But, they seem to be trying to get rid of it. Newer packages no longer include it. Only legacy packages that new users cannot get still have it. And if you are an existing customer and change something on your account, you will be updated to the new package codes and possibly lose several channels.

New Poster

ID channel

I want my ID channel back or I’m switching providers. I need an solution immediately!!!!! VERY UPSET!
Contributor

NO ID Channel???

What happened to the ID Channel? I see a lot of members in forums complaining about losing this channel. Where is everyone going to get this channel? Are you leaving xfiniity or adding another service to get it? 

New Poster

I want ID Discovery back.

Why did you cancel ID Discovery it was on my channel lineup when I upgraded my package 2 months ago.

CJSkipper

New Poster

ID Channel

This is SOOO very sad!  As much as we pay for this service and you DID NOT tell us that this channel would be excluded from our packages AND you have not fixed the problem after this long amount of time.   You at least owe us current updates.  Many of us, such as myself, will be dropping this service soon due to the unprofessional way this company keeps secrets and takes our money without giving us a choice.  I can take my $200 a month payment and go somewhere else without this hassle!

New Poster

ID channel

Is ID channel being added back if not I will be going to a different provider been with comcast sense 08
Official Employee

Re: Why is the ID Channel missing from our program line-up?

Hi @Magilla43

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums to express your feedback regarding the ID Channel. I can understand why you would be upset about not being informed of this change.  Our content teams work daily to bring you the best, most expansive programming possible. In some cases, however, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating our catalog as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future.  We appreciate your feedback. I'll pass this along to my leadership team. 

New Poster

ID CHANNEL

WHAT TV PACKAGE DO I NEED TO GET THE ID CHANNEL

Expert

Re: ID CHANNEL

@EDGARD511 wrote:

WHAT TV PACKAGE DO I NEED TO GET THE ID CHANNEL

The ID channel is not currently offered in any package.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ID & WE Channels

Why don't I have the ID or We channel when my next door neighbor does!?!?!?!
I switched from At&t that I had for over 18 years to lose my one of my favorite channels (ID) and others!
Once my 2 years is up I'll be going back to At&t!!
New Poster

Bring back ID channel

My favorite channel and its gone.. Really considering going to another cable company.
New Poster

ID channel

I just upgraded my service and lost the ID channel and was told they dont carry it, been a comcast customer for 32 years?????  why does this happen is Direct Tv a better alternative, it is in their basic lineup?

New Poster

ID Discovery

Is this channel available in any package. I can’t find it if it is.
Regular Visitor

Investigation Discovery

I am so angry with Comcast for dropping the ID channel.  Nobody will give me an answer as to why.

We are paying an arm and a leg for triple play, but the most watched channel is no longer available.

Comcast...Are you going to bring ID back, if not WHY??

New Poster

ID channel

Why was ID channel dropped? How can I get it back now? Why didn’t anyone tell me I would lose it when I changed my plan?! This is extremely disappointing & I kept xfinity when i decided to try fios. That might have to be my option now to go to fios.
New Poster

ID NETWORK

I was told that ID network contract ended and Comcast is working to renew it, looking at the post from December of 2017, how long does it take?   I only watch ID network ever,  do I have to change to a new Cable provider to get ID network?????   Xfinity is going down hill fast and raising prices.  Bring back ID network!!

New Poster

ID Channel

Please get this back!!!  I upgraded to a faster Internet package that should have had ID but it doesn't.  My wife is killing me !!!

Regular Visitor

ID (Investigation Discovery)

Last week I had Stars, Cinemax removed from my service now all of a sudden I have no ID (Investigation Discovery). When I removed Stars and Cinemax the agent never told me I would lose other channels. Neighbors down the street from me with Xfinity still have the channel. Why do I not have anymore? I need this fixed as this is the channel that is watched the must at my house. 

New Poster

My ID Channel is not connected as promised over a month ago

I have been with Comcast for over 20 years and I just recently changed my plan since the old contracted plan I had expired. I was supposed to have the ID channels as per my long almost 21/2 hours conversation with your agent. Once I hanged up with her and the plan was updated the channel was gone. I have called several times for you guys to tell me the channel and comcast people were renegotiating the contract and that it will be available shortly. that is a lie. I see now thru many forum online this is happening to many users. I need to get grandfathered in. I’ve had this channel for years and I watch it frequently. It is not fair they will change my plan into supposedly a better one and take away a channel i specifically told the agent was my favorite channel.

Please help.

New Poster

ID DISCOVERY CHANNEL

I am beyond disgusted with the ID Discovery Channel being deleted from my subscription.  I have been with Comcast since 1985 and modified my account on 9/10/19 as the bill was ridiculous. Then, my ID Discovery disappeared along with the premium channels I eliminated. I called again today and asked directly about this Channel and was told they are working on it.  What a crock! I found out the reason why on this forum not from my phone call with Customer Support to whom I presented this very issue about my favorite channel.  FRAUDULENT! They better do something about it as I can see by the forum that there are many many ticked off customers and I am one of them. I will be telling anyone I know who has Comcast  to be wary as they are not dealing with honest people. BRING BACK ID DISCOVERY NOW! I agree that us Long Time Customers should have been grandfathered in at least. On second thought, they should not have done that to any of their customers. SHAMEFUL, DISGUSTING, FRAUDULENT & MONEY HUNGRY company! We want ID Discovery back. We will all spread the word if we are not heard and have results. 

New Poster

ID channel

Who misses ID channel???? When will it return!! I might have to switch to uverse to get it

Highlighted
New Poster

ID Channel

ID Channel 381.  Please bring it back to X1.  

New Poster

Investigation Descovery (ID)

I'm really upset that Comcast could not come to an agreement with this channel and continue to offer it to its customers. We pay an enormous amount each month for your programming as it is and to not fight to keep a channel that you know your customers watch is unacceptable! Please bring this channel back and make your customers happy.
New Poster

Investigation Discovery gone?

Is this still a channel being offered? We were watching it yesterday and now it's gone.

New Poster

ID CHANNEL!!!! Anyone figure out how to get ID channel???

Lost the ID channel today. Called and was told I could not get it due to no agreement with the people. We have had Comcast for 6 years and never a problem. I watch ID every night. Does anyone have any ideas on how to watch it on TV?

New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery gone?

Just to give a status...

I was told that ID was only available with the starter package and not select, which is what I have. That's disappointing since it was not communicated with me that I would lose that channel by changing packages. Oh well.

New Poster

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

I was told they are not longer available in my area as well - Downers Grove, IL.  SO ANGRY.  And ours went away WHEN WE UPGRADED THE PACKAGE!!!

New Poster

Re: What Happended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

After we were talked into upgrading to REDUCE our bill - I called when I realized ID was gone and asked them to switch me back.  They said it wouldn't be there.    RIDICULOUS.

New Poster

Where is ID channel new customer ???

What package is ID channel ?. New customer just switched from ATT 3 days ago, my wife only likes oxygen and ID channel 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Where is ID channel new customer ???

@Repairmantim wrote:

What package is ID channel ?. New customer just switched from ATT 3 days ago, my wife only likes oxygen and ID channel 

Check to see if it is in your channel lineup.  If not, you should call 1800comcast and ask for Account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!