Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Contributor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

It's 899 now

Contributor

<Edited> I still have it because I didn’t change my package! But I’m paying a fortune to keep it! Anyone who changes their package will lose it! Beware!! I had just moved but because of a problem with my account months prior and an amazing rep (<Edited>) who straightened it out, I knew to say I don’t want one single thing changed in new place! Not one!! She was nice enough to warn me about ID. But again, I’m paying a small fortune! If I wasn’t disabled and had other forms of entertainment and another company option Comcast would be long gone! <Edited>

Highlighted
New Poster

Missing Channels ID

i am very upset with xfinity right now.   they did not resign ID channel and this my wifes favorite.   very disapointed that i was not notified prior to signing up for new plan.   shame on xfinity

Official Employee

Re: 220+ channels

Hello all, 

Thanks for the discussion here about some of the channel line up changes occurring in a few markets. I understand folks are frustrated and we apologize for the inconvenience. Folks who have made a package change in select markets may have seen a channel line change for the following removed channels: 

• Investigation Discovery
  • Up TV
  • We TV
  • WGN America

Comcast still offers many channels providing similar content, including the following: 

• USA 
  • Crime and Investigation
  • TLC
  • Inspiration
  • Lifetime
  • Own
  • TBS

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

The issue is we were sold a package change and specifically told that we wouldn’t lose any channels. <Edited> It’s been a year now and people are still posting this is happening to them. <Edited>

Official Employee

I understand where you're coming from, Myboycayden. My apologies if you were misinformed. The channels that were dropped are a part of a group of packages/promotions that are now grandfathered so we aren't able to add them back as the agreements with those networks have expired. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

The more people who change TV service to another supplier the sooner xfinity will learn. I'm going to fight the early termination charges when I switch. They lied to me many times about the ID channel.

Contributor

<Edited>... Telling us that Comcast still offers many channels providing similar content???  They DON"T have the same shows that we were watching on other channels. <Edited>

Official Employee

The more people who change TV service to another supplier the sooner xfinity will learn. I'm going to fight the early termination charges when I switch. <Edited>

rickwhoo, I'd like the opportunity to make this right for you. I can't get you that channel back but I'd like to see what offers are available to you to make this right. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

New Poster

Re: Investigative Discovery

Oh my god i am with you. I called them twice about it. They dont care. "We are negotiating rates" i am furios too.
New Poster

Id is gone!
Contributor

People who didn’t change packages still have ID Discovery!! Comcast has the channel available at higher rates!!! And if you lost it (you didn’t) it’s because you don’t care about what your customers want!! You charge us a fortune but ignore what we’ve been requesting for over a year now!! We don’t want 220+ channels that we have no interest in!! We want the ID channel we’ve had that you refuse to give us!!!
<Edited>

Contributor

The agreements expired? <Edited>
Did any rep bother to tell us? Did any notice get sent? Did anyone get charged less when you removed that channel without telling us??
<Edited>

Frequent Visitor

I'll say it again a few weeks ago when I renewed my exact plan I asked if I would lose any channels and was told no. I lost channels which ID was the one watched every day. All I could get was we are sorry and no way to get that channel back. Absolute terrible customer service 👎
Official Employee

Re: ID Channel

Greetings, Kelleywaller37! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly apologize to hear you were misinformed about the ID channels when signing up for a new package. At this time the ID Channel is only included in the Starter channel line up. If you would like me to look into the price on they feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Frequent Visitor

Comcastmichael what you just said makes me more furious. Quote"At this time the ID Channel is only included in the Starter channel line up. If you would like me to look into the price on they feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you."end quote
So the channel all of lost is available at entry level but not to the ones that had it before and have a better package? That's sooooo wrong!!
Contributor

And ‘folks are frustrated’ because we’ve been lied to for over a year!! Frustrated?? Wrong! Folks are livid because of all the Comcast lies!!!
New Poster

Re: ID CHANNEL

Yes, it is ridiculous.
Contributor

I miss the ID channel and I gave up calling Comcast because well they are of no help so you should try the Oxygen channel they are similar to the ID channel same crime stories and they are true stories give it a shot

Contributor

If Comcast doesn’t have that channel available, like many reps have said for over a year, how all of a sudden is it available for a startup package?! Something I was specifically told it wasn’t when I called Comcast!!
See?? None of you have the same answers!! <Edited>
And we’re supposed to believe it’s available on the least expensive package but not the packages that cost a fortune?! <Edited>
<Edited>

Contributor

<Edited>

I don’t personally blame the poor forum people that have to represent Comcast on this, however, we have no other avenue to be heard. And this has been going on for over a year and THEY STILL TELL PEOPLE THEY WONT LOSE ANY CHANNELS IF THEY UPGRADE. <Edited>

Contributor

I understand it’s part of their job and people need a paycheck <Edited> 
We’re losing our money so they can make money? It’s so ugly! <Edited>
I live my life knowing that a good conscience makes the best pillow...

Contributor

I've file numerous complaints & been told they won't refund. credit my account,  <Edited>.  I'm trying to find out who owns Discovery/Investigaton Discovery.

Contributor

<Edited>. At a minimum they should offer a credit. It’s a pain to switch companies but they can’t charge early termination fees <Edited>

Expert

@Myboycayden wrote:
They broke the contract. At a minimum they should offer a credit. It’s a pain to switch companies but they can’t charge early termination fees since they broke the contract

No they didn't.  In the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services they clearly state:

"4. CHARGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations."

If you're in a contract and end your service you will be charged an early termination fee, something you agreed to when you accepted services.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: ID (Investigation Discovery) and other channels gone

I have been told that ID is no longer available in my area due to Xfinity not coming to an agreement with the channel. Will this ever or has it been resolved?
Official Employee

Re: ID (Investigation Discovery) and other channels gone

Hello all! I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about the ID channel. We examine channel lineups often to offer the best content available. Thanks! 

Expert

It seems that a few people here represent the largest percentage of posts here from multiple complaining.

For those that want, or no longer can get the I.D. Channel here:

Go to "You Tube" and search for "Investigative Discovery" or "I.D. Channel".

I just checked there and there are 269 full episodes found there. Most recent is 5 days ago and they are free (same for "You Tube"). You Tube is a lot like public television serving the public "free" for those who cannot support it.

Most other channels on cable can also be found here. FCC limits space available for cable and OTA stations. Not every channel people want can be carried in any service area.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: Dropped Channels

No way should ID channel be dropped..<Edited>

Contributor

You’re missing the point!! <Edited> And what about folks that don’t use the internet?! What about the fact that those are repeats?! Why can’t I just turn on my tv and watch and record the newest ID shows?! Like I was told I’d be able to do AND CHARGED FOR!!! EVERY SINGLE MONTH!!! You can’t be serious!!

Contributor

And what about all the other people that posted and gave up trying!!! Or got lost when you closed and/or renamed previous forums for this same topic?!
<Edited>

New Poster

ID went on it’s own I don’t think it had anything to do with Comcast.
New Poster

I found that out the hard way today. I dropped a few channels and when I did I lost ID channel they said ID left and now they do t carry it anymore so sad
Expert

The I.D. channel (Investigative Discovery) is not gone in all service areas. Any claims to that are misinformation. I just checked for the channel on my television in the Mpls./St. Paul MN area.

I found it this morning on: Channel 884 (1444) transmitted in 720p.

Channel 111 transmitted in 420p (horizontal bars on screen).

Contributor

Then kindly explain why it is available in some areas & not others.  Can't wait to hear this.

Expert

@sherlock2667 wrote:

Then kindly explain why it is available in some areas & not others.  Can't wait to hear this.

That I don't know.   Having programed computers in many languages since 1979, I can say someone at Comcast evidently created a program (in the past) that allowed "grandfathering" certain channels. It was meant to allow regular customers to continue getting certain channels.

The problem is that the coding was flawed. It was never meant to take away channels for people adding services (upgrading). It looks like any type of change in service the computer program drops "grandfathered" channels.

This is a computer coding problem that is hard to locate. The original coder is likely long gone. No "conspiracy". Just a problem for Comcast right know.

I shoud add this is strickly my opinion based on all the posts found on this subject. I have no inside information from Comcast. 

Contributor

Then if it’s still available in YOUR area, explain why it’s not in everybody else’s area!!! In case you haven’t noticed that’s been one of the questions for over a year and half!! So telling us you have it doesn’t do one ounce if good for people who it’s been taken from! <Edited> why don’t you make sure the rest if us get it too?!! Especially since we’re still paying for it!

New Poster

I have been a comcast customer for 15 yrs never late on a bill. I am shopping for fios and direct v. My tv only bill is $220 with internet $290. Comcast tells me they can lower my tv bill but will lose id channel. So planning to dump them. When i asked about internet only they said that will be $107/month. <Edited>.

Regular Visitor

Id channel

Why can't I get Id channel
Frequent Visitor

Missing Channels

When I go to the ID channel and WE I get a message that it needs a subscription.  I have a subscription so why is this happening?

New Poster

Investigation Discovery Dropped?

We moved from one home to another in the same zip code and transferred service. At the old place, we had Investigation Discovery, but not at the new home. All the Comcast employees say they're not offering ID anymore. Is this a permanent thing? If so, I'll be promptly dropping service. 

Official Employee

Re: Missing Channels ID

Greetings, evang0826! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear you were not informed that the ID channel has been dropped from the new package. It's also one of my favorite channels as well. I can make sure this feedback gets passed along to the proper channels. If there was anything else I could assist you with, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

Missing channel

What happened to my Investigation Discovery Channel? I have the triple play with over 200 channels and 471 says I need a subscription and it was to be included
Official Employee

Re: Missing Channels ID

Hello, evang0826. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

Official Employee

Re: Missing channel

Hello Isheekadrummond, I could help look into this channel for you. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

New Poster

Who care about the other channels. I car about ID. Comcast has proven they have no regulars for their customers wants.
Regular Visitor

ID Channel

Today is June 19, 2019.  I know this question was raised last year but my husband was just told this morning by Comcast that they have lost their contract with the ID Channel.  If this is true we will take our business to another carrier.  We watch this channel every day and this is a deal breaker.  We are trying to get our cable bill down, and are paying over $250 a month!  Quoted $206 to delete a few of the movie channels but was also told no more ID channel.

Official Employee

Hello Dell8412. It is true that at this time, our new packages no longer include the ID Channel. We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. If you'd like to review the options to lower your monthly billing rate, I can help review the lower cost options with you. Feel free to send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

New Poster

When will ID be back???
Contributor

It won't be back