Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

New Poster

Bring back Investigation discovery and truTV

I have called Comcast two times complaining that my two favorite channels have been taken away ....  I can’t believe it  I hardly have anything on my DVR anymore ——-  so sad please please please bring back ID TV and truTV that was some of the best programming so we are at Comcast claims to be the best but they don’t carry one of the best stations ???  We sure pay enough to be able to watch what we want !! Searching for investigation discovery with another provider now

Colleen Clauw 

Contributor

Re: What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Xfinity/Comcast did the VERY SAMETHING to ME.  Can't wait until my contract expires & looking into penalties if I just cancel & tell Xfinity/Comcast where to go.  I've been a customer since 2004 or 2005.  They need to tell their rep's to tell cumtomers of ramifications of adding to or deleting services. 

Contributor

Re: What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

You can get out of the contract. <Edited>. We were all told we wouldn’t lose any channels and we did

<Edited>. This has been going on for over a year and the reps still say customers won’t lose channels

Regular Visitor

Re: Investigative Discovery

I took the cheapest dougle play Comcast offers and added Philo TV on my Roku which carries the ID Channel and 44 other channels.  Ended up saving $60.00 a month on my comcast bill.   

Regular Visitor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

That's not true.  Comcast has told me repeately that there have not contracted with ID, WE, TruTV, etc.  I had to use Philo TV  on my Roku and switch my Comcast package to local Double Play.  I saved $60.00 a month. 

New Poster

Bring back ID channel

Why have we lost this channel! Watched it all the time. You’re costs are high and we have less channels.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Bring back ID channel

It sounds like Comcast is trying to get rid of several channels by making it harder and harder for anyone to get them:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32394277-Content-New-Flex-channel-groups-lineup

New Poster

Missing Channels

We just changed packages last week to bring down our balance. Comcast didn't even tell us we're losing cmt and the id channel and we and oxygen and crime tv. If we knew this we would of never changed!!! I am so mad that when my contract is up i will never go to cable again!! This is awful service and all they do is lie!!!
Official Employee

Hello, hambone52, thank you for your feedback regarding ID. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I understand how important it is to have a low bill, and I would be happy to help with that. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing Channels

Oxygen is still there.

Official Employee

jfolena123, thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the channels you've lost! Our goal is to be as transparent as possible, and I'm sorry to hear that we dropped the ball. Those networks are no longer included in our newer lineups, so it sounds like you were grandfathered with your old package. I would be happy to review the account further with you to see what options are available. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

220+ channels

I had the 220 channel preferred cable channel package. I just renewed  with a new contract and told it was all the same channels. The same 220 package. But the ID channel now requires a subscription.  What is that about?

New Poster

this hole Id loss is a awful its litterally the only channel i watch im so upset
Contributor

Agreed it’s awful <Edited>

I’ve found I can still watch if I record shows through the guide and watch them back. We just can’t watch live

Frequent Visitor

Re: 220+ channels

Yep same thing happened to us. Had ID on a triple play plan and the contract was up so signed up again and lost the ID. I called and talked to 3 different people to no avail.
New Poster

🥺😫😱
New Poster

im over here watching forensic files which is ok other then i still know them all word for word😫 i was streaming id from a condo i rent in chelmsford where the cables included but my computer is junk and meeps shutting down..ive been online hours looking for anyway possible to get it back through anyone. im going to use my ipad i guess.. i bought this cord that makes your phone morror to the tv but it didnt work..😭
Contributor

There’s a lot cheaper alternatives to streaming to your tv. I use my amazon fire stick or chrome cast and you can download some apps on your phone/iPad for a few bucks.

I’m able to stream ID to my tv but can’t watch it live (which is dumb) and I can record shows through the guide and rewatch. Wish they would just fix it and do what they promised

I did complain to comcast and they gave me a credit for one month of cable (like $200). Everybody should do that. There’s a link on their webpage to file a complaint with the office of the president and I received a quick response. Faster than using these darn chat rooms
Contributor

Where on their website can I find the link to file the complaint? 

Official Employee

Hi all. Thanks for posting about the channel line up concerns. We constantly evaluate content availability for our customers. We can pass along your feedback and note your interest.​​

Contributor

Just take care of YOUR customers & quit LYING To us.  As soon as find some who cares about there customes,  I'll be leaving Xfinity/Comcast.  I've a Xfinity/Comcast ASAP.  Good riddence.

Contributor

I think this is an AUTOMATED response since it continues to reply in the same way over and over and over again.

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi all. Thanks for posting about the channel line up concerns. We constantly evaluate content availability for our customers. We can pass along your feedback and note your interest.​​

Contributor

They don't accept complaints since they can't react and fix the problems they already have...

@rickwhoo wrote:

Where on their website can I find the link to file the complaint? 

Contributor

@Myboycayden wrote:
There’s a lot cheaper alternatives to streaming to your tv. I use my amazon fire stick or chrome cast and you can download some apps on your phone/iPad for a few bucks.

I’m able to stream ID to my tv but can’t watch it live (which is dumb) and I can record shows through the guide and rewatch. Wish they would just fix it and do what they promised

I did complain to comcast and they gave me a credit for one month of cable (like $200). Everybody should do that. There’s a link on their webpage to file a complaint with the office of the president and I received a quick response. Faster than using these darn chat rooms

What is the link?

Contributor

I received this message twice and nothing was done...just provided with a personal message stating the same thing again that they were sorry and could do nothing.  The channels were no longer available.  But guess what...went over to a friends 'WHO I TURNED ON TO COMCAST' and they still had the channels which were alive and well.  Told them my story and they said they would cancel their subscription once their plan was up.  Just keep talking to your friends who have xFinity...

@ComcastAlly wrote:

jfolena123, thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the channels you've lost! Our goal is to be as transparent as possible, and I'm sorry to hear that we dropped the ball. Those networks are no longer included in our newer lineups, so it sounds like you were grandfathered with your old package. I would be happy to review the account further with you to see what options are available. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

Frequent Visitor

I agree there are better options.
Official Employee

Hi @TVGuy55

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'd be happy to review your account to see if the ID channel is still available and what you would need to do in order to receive it. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

Contributor

Already did that for you about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  You gave me the canned Comcast reply...Sorry there is nothing we can do...

New Poster

Re: What happended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

My Mother watch is it what the heck happend We need it back please

New Poster

Re: ID (Investigation Discovery) and other channels gone

My 2 year contract for the plan I had expired 2 days ago.  I updated my plan yesterday and, I, too lost the Investigation Discovery Channel (ID) .  I was told that Comcast was currently in negotiations for extending their contract with Investigation Discovery and it would be back if and when the negotations were complete.  Were you told anything about this?  I am wondering after seeing your message if this was true or if it was a statement to appease me.  ID is one of my favorite channels.

Official Employee

Hi all, 

In select markets, the following channels were dropped from our new packages: 

• Investigation Discovery
  • Up TV
  • We TV
  • WGN America

We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

Comcast still offers many channels providing similar content, including the following: 

• USA 
  • Crime and Investigation
  • TLC
  • Inspiration
  • Lifetime
  • Own
  • TBS

New Poster

We just switched from
FIOS to XFinity and there’s no ID channel or CMT channel. Will be switching back to FIOS
New Poster

Waiting for FIOS !! Tired of paying $300 month for service that is severely lacking
Regular Visitor

I was JUST told the very same thing!!! Now I have to wait all weekend, since this other department is closed on weekends, to TRY and get my old stations back at their convenience during the week!

This is why I want Comcast to have competition from different cable providers in ALL areas and see how much better their customer experience becomes!
Contributor

Log a complaint here. They won’t get your old channels back but at least they’ll give you a credit

Https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form
Contributor

You'll get the same response(s) we've been getting for months.  We're NOT getting Investigation Discovery back,  Good luck.

Expert

@sherlock2667 wrote:

You'll get the same response(s) we've been getting for months.  We're NOT getting Investigation Discovery back,  Good luck.

Never say never. For any given service area there is a finite space for channels. For something to be added, something has to be removed. It all depends on how many viewers are watching each channel in the service area. At sometime it may return.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ID Channel

I was misinformed by one of the comcast promotions callers and now I have lost the ID channel. Is there no way to get it back?
New Poster

We recently signed up again with xFinity and no ID channel.  What's up?  Negotiations?  How about a time line on when we will get again as promised.

Contributor

Good luck getting an answer. I’ve been trying for months

I have found I can watch via the stream app and I can also record shows on the guide and rewatch them. Just can’t watch live.

Log a complaint and hopefully someday they’ll do something about it
New Poster

I was told they were negotiating back in November when I signed up for Xfinity. I purchased my packaged based off getting the ID channel, it was listed in the channel line up. After it was installed I found it on the guide but it didn’t work, that’s when I called and was told about negotiations! Had I known I wouldn’t get the channel I would have stuck with Directv!

New Poster

I just moved to PA had Xfinity hooked up unfortunately my husband picked out our plan, I literally just called to change our plan to include the ID channel and was told it's no longer available; the salesman was honest and explained to me that he did not know if it would be ever available again; he also told me about losing WGN, WE, and the UP channels but I could watch ID on YouTube I'm not paying YouTube for my cable service. So I have been proactive in this matter here is a customer service number for the Discovery channel 1-240-662-0000 please pass this number along to everyone upset about losing this off Xfinity and complain!!!!!!
New Poster

Here is a number for Discovery customer service 1-240-662-0000 please call and complain that we want ID back on Xfinity
New Poster

Comcast/xfinity should listen to your watchers, we want ID back, that’s the only channel we watch all day long, we move from direct tv to xfinity “today” because we were told by the agent that ID is available here in CT. I guess some of the agents are bunch of liars.
New Poster

Will someone at Comcast please answer us about ID.
I was never told you were dropping it until it disappeared.
Contributor

Comcast/Xfinity does nothing but lie about this.  They are so full of themselves, caring only about their bottom line & don't care about their customers.

Contributor

Here's what they are telling me,

"I completely understand your disappointment. Removing Information Discovery from our lineup was a business decision. It is no longer available."

Contributor

They refused to issue a credit/refund to me.  I'm evaluating alternatives.  All they care about is their bottom line.  They couldn't care less about us.

Highlighted
Contributor

Agreed. If they start losing money and customers maybe they’ll do something. They tried to tell me their rep never lied to me. I told them to listen to the recording. Once they did they apologized and offered a credit. I was on the phone with them for prob 8 hours total. Such a pain

I’m able to watch ID shows by recording them but that’s a huge pain too.
Contributor

What channel is ID now? It was 866 but it's gone now.