Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Expert

Re: No ID channel?

@Vigorman wrote:

So you are telling me that...though we are told that WGN, WE, and ID (and others) channels cannot be turned on the cable box or our account for normal viewing...if we can get those channels turned on for streaming, they may come on on our current box?

they will find the problem in why ID is in your subscription and not available on your streaming devices (and fix it). that will probably fix it for your home set top boxes too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

This streaming comment from a so called expert couldn't be further from the truth.  If you can't get it via your cable box, you CAN'T get it via streaming.  Comcast/Xfinity needs to get their act together.

Expert

@sherlock2667 wrote:

This streaming comment from a so called expert couldn't be further from the truth.  If you can't get it via your cable box, you CAN'T get it via streaming.  Comcast/Xfinity needs to get their act together.

if the channel is in your channel line up (your subscription) then yes you can get it on both. in this case, easiest path is to fix the streaming availablility which iwll probably fix the set top box availability too. if a channel is in your 'channel lineup' (aka your subscribed services) comcast will fix it for you.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

WRONG AGAIN.  Xfinity/Comcast CAN'T fix it.  Better check your references.

Contributor

Im actually able to watch ID through the stream app and I even record shows through the guide on cable and watch them. We just can’t watch the channel live. Which is very dumb and inconvenient
Expert

@Myboycayden wrote:
Im actually able to watch ID through the stream app and I even record shows through the guide on cable and watch them. We just can’t watch the channel live. Which is very dumb and inconvenient

if you have verified your channel lineup in the subscription includes the linear (numbered) channel call 800-comcast and select billing. ask the agent to remote and reprovision your account for the set top boxes. she agent may just need to do a deep background refresh instead. (takes up to an hour to complete). discuss with the agent. got it working?

Contributor

Before I waste more time on the phone with customer service has this worked for anybody else?
Contributor

Not to sound too skeptical but I spent 7 hours on the phone with them before bounced from different departments and everybody told me they couldn’t help. They gave me a credit for one month of service but that was it
Contributor

I'm guessing NOPE.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID) SAME HERE

Same here. I have been asking Comcast to add One America News for 3 years now, they won't listen. They don't want us to have real news, they want us in the dark. I'm so mad about all those Spanish channels too. WE SPEAK ENGLISH IN THIS COUNTRY! They offered me a new package today with upgraded speed but they are taking ID out. It's just about the only channel I watch besides FOX News. Can't stand these people. I still have ID for now, under THEIR conditions.

New Poster

ID CHANNEL

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING WITH MY ID CHANNEL!!! IT IS INCLUDED IN MY PLAN YET i CAN NOT WATCH IT!!!

Expert

Re: ID CHANNEL

@RGARCIA60651 wrote:

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING WITH MY ID CHANNEL!!! IT IS INCLUDED IN MY PLAN YET i CAN NOT WATCH IT!!!

have you checked your channel lineup on the myaccount app, TV tab, 'view my channel lineup' link? does it show up there?

Contributor

I just now took this picture at 2224 hrs. on Thursday, 2 May 2019

ID.jpg
Contributor

This picture was taken at approximately 2225 hrs. on  Thursday 2 May 2019.

Somebody explain Comcast/Xfinity crazy answers with no resolution.  I can't wait for my contact to expire so I change to a reputable provider.

ID2.jpg
Expert

@sherlock2667 wrote:

This picture was taken at approximately 2225 hrs. on  Thursday 2 May 2019.

Somebody explain Comcast/Xfinity crazy answers with no resolution.  I can't wait for my contact to expire so I change to a reputable provider.

is the channel listed on the myaccounts app, TV tab, view channel lineup link?

Contributor

No TV tab on My Account app. ID is shown on both my televisions though.

Contributor

Don't even bother.  They 'WILL NOT' do any for current customers, or their GRANDFATHERED customers.  I have been will them for 11 years because they have satisfied me, but I'm tired of just getting satisfied.  I think it's time for a change an allow their competitors to reap my rewards.  IT's only a matter of time before technology burns them out.  Things are changing fast and they are trying to hold on.  I received a private message from internal Comcast and they turned right around and said the same ole thing, "Sorry we can't do anything for you, because you changed to our 'Quick and Easy Plan' (which only has a name change) and those channels are no longer being offered to those who left our legacy plans.  They didn't bother to tell me that, but I wouldn't have paid another $50 for 4 additional channels.  I wish they allowed us to cash in the channels we'll never watch...maybe they should think about selective channeling.  No, they're not that SMART.

Official Employee

Thanks for the feedback @Vigorman. As mentioned in our private message, when you were repackaged into the new Simple and Easy Plan, you lost those channels. Any customer that is currently in a grandfathered package, that is repackaged into the new channel lineup will lose access to these channels. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Another words everyone who reads this post...xFinity doesn't want you to repackage your plan.  You have to stick with the HUGE increase to the plan that runs out or you'll lose those channels you enjoy watching.  It would have cost me almost $50 more each month to hold on to 4 extra channels...2 of which are hardly ever watched.  An extra $600 per year for 2 channels.  What great service by Comcast/Xfinity.

Contributor

What would reazlly be nice, which is not a strong suit fox Xfinity/Comcast, is to  FULLY EXPLAIN the consequences of modifying your services.  Unqualified support/sales reps is the worst I've ever had/seen.  Get real Xfinity/Comcast.

Contributor

Vigorman, what channel package has the ID channel?

When I added their TV service, They asked me what channels are important to me and the ID channel was the first one I mentioned and they said I will have it. These employees are either Dumb or just Liars... Which one is it?

When I was on their website trying to see what they have to offer for TV service, It showed this, 

We're sorry.

Please call 1-800-Xfinity and one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives can help.

Frequent Visitor

Someone on this post said they finally got Comcast to put ID back into their lineup. You have to be persistant. Seems Comcast doesn't care what people want unless you speak Spanish!

New Poster

I STILL don't have it on my Xfinity account.   Did you check to see if you really have it?  

Frequent Visitor

Reality is this topic as well as a couple more with exact same complaints has been on going for what I recall 2 years. And Comcast hasn’t so much as replied with a comment or reasoning for this problem. Nothing as far as why it was removed and if it’s gone for good. They don’t respect its customers. Reality is they must enjoy seeing people get upset and figured to see how long people will complain. Will this thread do any good?
Contributor

I have the perferred lineup package...Comcast Preferred Customer Line-up Page 1 - April 26 2019.jpgComcast Preferred Customer Line-up Page 2 - April 26 2019.jpg

New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery Channel (ID)

Exact same thing happened to me. Now I pay a bit less, but lost my favorite channel.  To get it back I need to subscribe which in the long run will cost way more.  Wish I could just unwind the deal I was talked in to.

Frequent Visitor

Just switched to comcast on april 17th 2019. Had directv but was no good and too many problems so we switched. Was good until my mom tried to watch Investigation Discovery. It says needs subscription. I called on the phone several times and went to a store in person. Finally got the answer. March 26 2019 they cancelled investigation discovery. They no longer offer it. Only old customers still have it. They did not tell us that when signing up. So we have until may 17th 2019 to cancel and get another provider.

But not many choices in chicago suburbs. Maybe layer 3 or tv vision as its called now. But that is also expensive. And it uses internet so 1tb is not enough. For 15 more with xfi comcast said we can get unlimited internet in the house. But only unlimited on 150mbps plan. 
So still 95 dollars minus 10 for paperless billing. 85 is still a lot. Or dish. But they would not tell us prices on the phone or chat online without a credit card to verify so stupid. And verizon fios is not available in chicago.

Frequent Visitor

I called comcaast today.  They said some of the same shows are on Oxygen channel like snapped and killer couples.  And the is an id go app for watching old episodes so not bad.

Official Employee

I called comcaast today.  They said some of the same shows are on Oxygen channel like snapped and killer couples.  And the is an id go app for watching old episodes so not bad.

KJSS, that's right. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. For these particular channel changes, there are comparable programming on other networks. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I live in Harrisburg, PA and one of the shows on ID is about the Coroner here in Harrisburg, PA.  They talk about some of this weirdest cases in the 20+  years he has on the job.  If Comcast looks at the programming on all the networks, they should realize that people in the Harrisburg TV market used to watch that program and haven't been able to for over a year now!  Unacceptable.  

Official Employee

Oh wow that is pretty cool to see your city on TV and have the opportunity to have that perspective display to the country. I understand where you're coming from. 

I live in Philly and it is on channel 111 in my area. Is that channel blacked out in Harrisburg? 

Ken

Official Employee

Hello, RGARCIA60651, thank you for reaching out here on the forums. 

The ID channel has been removed from many lineups in certain areas. What state do you live in? 

New Poster

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

They are haggling over the price!! As much money as they charge for cable this should be no problem for them but yet they won't come to an agreement with ID!! Angry doesn't begin to cut it!!!
Contributor

I live in Indiana

Official Employee

Hi @sherlock2667

Thanks for verifying. In Indiana, you'd have to be subscribed to the Digital Starter package to receive this channel. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Contributor

I've been told that is not an option for me.

Official Employee

Correct @sherlock2667. Once you switch to one of the new channel lineups, you no longer have the opportunity to switch back. Only those who remain or are grandfathered into those packages will still have access. I hope this makes sense. Sorry for not explaining it that way at first. 

Frequent Visitor

I was told on the phone even grandfather plans will eventually stop having investigation discovery.

Frequent Visitor

Then why don’t xfinity simply remove the channel and not any way viewable with a tease of subscribe to something that can not be subscribe too!!!!
Official Employee

@KJSS - At this moment, we don't have any information if we will be able to add ID channel to the new lineups or completely remove it from the all packages. 

Frequent Visitor

Just remove the tease channel off the guide at least. Don’t promote or advertise as a subscription is required. I would imagine a slick attorney could take a snap shot of the guide and take it to court as false advertisement. Seriously stating you need a subscription then find out it’s a lie. Isn’t that false information?
Contributor

<Edited>. They told me I wouldn’t lose that channel when I switched. They even went back and listened to my conversation with their rep and I specifically asked about ID and he said “you won’t lose any channels”. When I lost the channel I spent hours on the phone with them. <Edited> Once they listened to the recording they gave me a credit for one month and that’s it. They couldn’t even revert me to my old plan because who knows why. It’s very frustrating

Contributor

It makes NO SENSE at all...either Comcast/xFinity has the rights to the channel or they don't.  Another words...if the price goes up on an existing package and you don't touch your package, they get $50+ more per month for 4 or 5 non-PREMIUM channels.  Please take away those stations we never watch and give me back the 2 channels my wife watches.  She is not HAPPY, which makes me unhappy as well.

Contributor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

I don't know about you, but we have given Comcast/xFinity over $22,000 in payments in 11 years.  It may be time to give another company our hard earned money.  They really don't care about their customers.

Contributor

They don't...don't let them fool you.  

Contributor

Was TOLD per Response (Reporting to FCC) Comcast/Xfinity DOES NOT Have Control of these Ads! WHAT!!!

New Poster

Re: Investigative Discovery

Yes, seriously! Just had Comcast Xfinity installed 2 hours ago and couldn't figure out why there's no ID channel, it shows online that it's still part of the package I got but when I called Comcast they told me it hasn't been available since last year! The number one channel my family watches!! What a waste
New Poster

I'm sooooooo angry over the ID channel being removed from the line up! Totally not acceptable! Bring it back!!!
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm a brand new user as of 2 days ago. From what I can tell ID channel was removed sometime last year? But they still market ID channel online as part of their channel lineup and even worse, it's still listed in the Guide channel! Didn't find out till after my Xfinity was installed this past weekend that there is no ID channel. Thinking to switch to DirecTV.
TC
Annapolis, MD
New Poster

I agree.  I mostly watched it and that’s all.