Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

New Poster

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

Same exact situation for me in York PA. Literally same exact thing for me. And the ID channel is the only thing my fiancé and I like watching together lol
New Poster

ID discovery

Why has it been removed from comcast?? Truly upsetting to me. It was always one of my top 4 channels! Guess I will have to research other ways to obtain it again!
Administrator

Re: ID discovery

***Validated Best Answer as of 07/2019***

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with Investigation Discovery and other channels. In some markets, Investigation Discovery is available in current packages or grandfathered packages (packages no longer available for purchase) and in some markets, it was removed completely. Billing notifications were included in impacted markets in the months leading up to this change. 

We understand that this is disappointing for some customers; in order to offer our customers a wide variety of content at the best value possible, we sometimes need to make difficult choices. We worked hard to create packages with the broadest possible appeal while maintaining value, and these changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors. Though we don’t share specific details publicly, this includes programming costs, alternative viewing options, overall viewing habits (i.e., lighter-viewed programming), and more.

Customers can access select Investigation Discovery content on YouTube via the X1 app. Details about the Xfinity YouTube app can be found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-YouTube-App-on-Xfinity-X1-and-how-to/ta-p/3234...

If you would like to know if Investigation Discovery is available in a different package in your area you can check here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup

If you would like to make changes to your package to add Investigation Discovery or change your services we ask that you please post in our Customer Service Board (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/bd-p/CustServ_CustServ) as this thread is now closed. 

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate the feedback.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ID channel

I was told a few weeks ago that I would get the ID channel as soon as Xfinity and Discovery have an agreement-I see they did sign an agreement weeks ago but I still don't get ID

New Poster

Where is my ID channel?

I was told when I got my package that ID would be there which is the main channel I watch and I called because it wasnt there. The lady said that ID us gone because the network wont allow?! I used to have it what's going on?! I'm in new Jersey Monmouth county area super disappointed
New Poster

Investigation Discovery Channel (ID)

The ID channel is supposed to be included in the package I have. Now suddenly I’m getting a notice that I need to subscribe to it. What’s the deal?
New Poster

Investigative Discovery Channel

What I would like to know is why someone hasn't yet filed a Complaint with the Attorney General relative to your deceptive practices.  I was sent a couple of cards telling me what a great customer i was and to call Comcast to see if they could get me better package.  Well I ended up with a free movie channel but nothing else changed.  The price went down $50.00 BUT I LOST MY BEST CHANNEL THAT I WATCH EVERY DAY.  INVESTIGATIVE DISCOVERY.  Had I been informed of this i never would have switched.  I know you are negotiating but not telling people the truth before they switch is deceptive practice.  It would seem to me you are using the people/customers as a negotiating tool with Investigative Discovery Channel.  The more you can reduce the program the better position Comcast is in to negotiate.  THIS IS A REALLY BAD WAY TO DO BUSINESS. Especially since your prices are outrageous to begin with.  Very disappointed.

Contributor

Investigation Discovery

I added TV service to my account last week and one of the channels I required was  Investigation Discovery. I was told by several reps that I will get it. It is NOT available anymore. I will have to go back to Directv now because of this. This is ridiculous!!! 

I contacted Directv and they have the new Genie 2. Looks like a good system to try next.

Not happy with xfinity

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Where is my ID channel?

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Channels being removed

I just switched my Xfinity bundle to save money - it just keeps going up and up. As a result, I now get "more" by way of internet speed, but LESS by way of channels. They told me that they no longer will offer WETV, METV, Information Discovery and a few more channels. Now, WE TV's regular programming is pretty lame. But they have GREAT re-runs of great shows. ME TV is ALL classics. Why do we have to lose those two channels?  There are so many other channels that are a waste, why these three in particular? More cost, less value. Time to #cutthechord?

New Poster

Re: Channels being removed

We recently switched to Xfinity after 3 years with another carrier. The switch was for lower cost and supposedly same networks.  Unfortunately, I have been lied to since inquiring about Xfinity. Prior to switching I entered an online chat with customer service, listed networks we watch on regular basis (Invesigation Channel being one of them) I was told all those networks were included in our package.  The first day I turned on ID and it stated I needed a subscription.  I waited a few days, tried again (same response).  I then began another online chat I was told the channel would be available on or before March 22,  As of March 25th it was not; again chat with customer service.  They then tell me it is no longer going to be offered.   I now wonder if all networks related to Discovery (HGtV, DIY, Food Network, Discovery) will slowly be eliminated; all of which we frequently watch & were told would be included in our package.   Having been very disatisfied customers of Comcast in past I was very hesitant to make the change, but had heard positive feedback from others and thought I would give them a second chance.  Three weeks into the service and I am already completely dissatisfied for the second time.  It's going to be a long 2 years stuck with Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

You can buy yourself out of the contract if it’s that serious..$240 at first then $10 less per month into the contract thereafter..
New Poster

ID Investigation Discovery Channel

I just lost the ID Investigation Discovery Channel..i am very upset about this if I knew I was going to lose the channel I would of never switched my package which I was told by the customer service rep that I would loose and if there were channels I lost I could just call back and upgrade my package when I called back Comcast to upgrade my package I was told I can no longer get the ID channel..i have been with comcast for 11 years and pay $230.00 a month for cable and now you are telling me I can't get channeling that I was already getting..way to screw over customers that have been with you for 11 years..looks like I will have to go with a different cable company..plus when I asked the customer service rep to switch me back to the package I had she said I can no longer switch back..way to screw over your ling time customers
New Poster

ID Channel and Oxygen

I just got my service turned on yesterday only to find out that although the packages online indicate that ID Channel is in the lineup as well as Oxygen, neither are available.  The support rep told me they expect them back in 2 or 3 days.  Has anyone else heard this?  This is unacceptable.  I never would have changed if I had known I would not get these channels.  Thank god I have 30 days to change my mind!!

New Poster

Re: ID Investigation Discovery Channel

I just found out the same thing today. Xfinity is going in the wrong direction in regards to making thier customers happy. Not only did I lose channels , I'm paying way more than family members that have ATT and a similar package....Not to mention that customer service is not willing to retain you as a customer. They are quick to tell you (in nice corporate terms) that you can cancel and go somewhere else. Been with Xfinity for 10 years, and this is the first time I picked up the phone to call other providers for pricing. It's sad, I used to love Xfinity....
Regular Contributor

Re: ID Investigation Discovery Channel

Upgraded to Super Triple Play last week and lost Investigation Discovery, UPtv, and WE along with probably some other channels that I haven't noticed yet. So we lost 3 HD channels that we watched. Already slim pickings when you look at the premium HD channels that Comcast offers in our area. Comcast seems to be slowly killing off the TV side of their service and mainly focusing on the broadband side. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Investigation Discovery

Same here, upgraded to Super Triple Play last week only to find out that we lost Investigation Discovery, UPtv, WE tv and probably some other channels. Not happy about losing channels.

Regular Contributor

Re: Investigative Discovery

Upgraded to Super Triple Play last week and found out afterwards that we lost Investigation Discovery, UP tv , WE tv and probably some other channels. Taking away popular channels is a good way to lose customers. Will be reconsidering keeping TV service with Comcast. 

Regular Contributor

Re: ID channel

@BruceW wrote:

Employee ComcastTeds has posted that Comcast has made the bizarre decision to include ID channel and several others in Digital Starter only. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/TruTv/m-p/3109233#M94783 says:

In many areas, there are 6 channels that are not in any of the bundle packages. They are specific to Digital Starter only and one cannot get them in any of the "above" packages either (Digital Preferred, etc).

They are ID (investigation Discovery), Oxygen, TruTV, UP, WE, and WGN. These channels are only available only with the Digital Starter package.

Hey looks like Comcast wants people to downgrade their service to the Starter Package with TV only. Well 5G is supposedly on it's way so that should be another option for internet service. Also there are more streaming services available now to get your favorite channels and content. So instead of switching to the Starter Package might as well just cancel all your services with Comcast, unless you are stuck in a contract. Then just either wait it out or pay the ETF and switch to other providers.

New Poster

ID (Investigation Discovery) and other channels gone

I changed my plan a few days ago due to the promo period ending and my price going up substantially.  I asked for the same plan and I was NOT told I would no longer receive ID, Tru TV, or WE when the change was made.  Apparently my plan was grandfathered in so that's why I had those channels before the change.  Now after 4 chats/calls taking 4 hours with Comcast I was told they can't do anything about it.  I wanted to go back to my old plan since I was given incorrect information from the agent, but I was told it doesn't matter who is at fault, I cannot go back to my previous plan.  I don't understand a company that can't or won't fix their own mistakes.  I am looking for a different provider even though I have been a faithful customer for over 20 years!!!

Frequent Visitor

This may be too late since I don't know the date your service started, but check the fine print on your agreement.  When I entered into a 2-year contract with Comcast, I was told I would have 30 days to cancel with no penalty if I changed my mind.  Just a thought.

Regular Visitor

I'd channel

Why can't I get I'd channel? It says subscribe but customer service says you can't subscribe. This is infuriating.
New Poster

Re: ID (Investigation Discovery) and other channels gone

Yes unfortunately if you change your plan they don't tell you you will lose channels like ID Discovery that you were grandfathered into but didn't realize.  But alas, not all is lost.  I discovered (no pun intended) recently that most if not all the shows on ID Discovery are also on Hulu.  Cheers.

New Poster

Dropped Channels

So without any prior or advanced notice, and after an over 12-hour outtage, two of my favorite channels were unceremoniously dumped: ID and WE! Time to move on. Unfair!
Problem Solver

Re: Dropped Channels

These channels were only dropped if you recently switched to a new Xfinity package. If you switched to a new package, WE and ID are some of the stations affected by Comcast's current agreements with those stations.

New Poster

Investigation Discovery

How do I get Investigation Discovery Channel with Preferred Package? I had it with a Premier Package and when I changed to Preferred to get Xfinity Home it was not supposed to change any of my programming but it did. I lost ID channel 1444 or 690. It shows under a starter package through the website but not under preferred. One Technician said you have to have sport and entertainment package. We have that package and still do not get it so another rep told us they dropped it altogether but I have friends who get it and it shows up up under guide. This is one of our favorite channels and want it!

Highlighted
New Poster

If it was no longer going to be available why was I lied to and told I wouldn't load My of my channels. My bill has increased again and again and I try to lower it instead of changing to another company and I get flimflamed. Doesn't make a customer want to stay.
Contributor

Comcast did the same to me when I moved a  year ago they gave me a new package and stated I would not lose any channels not true but the my favorite channel ID was eliminated I contacted them many times and no response it was very unfair and they lied to their customers not a good customer move but I recently found a new channedl Oxygen they provide criminal crime situations similar to ID but not the same Comcast calls me once or twice a day but I will not respond my bills are not late and paid on time but I will not respond no need to I do not want to be coned   into another lie

New Poster

WE and ID

I hate my new package. I barely watch it anymore. How do I get WE and ID back? Can I pay extra?
Official Employee

Re: WE and ID

Hello, haleyjen. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I'm glad you reached out to us about this and I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with your current service plan. ID and WE are available exclusively with the Standard tier. Plans including higher tiers of cable will not include these channels. If you would like, I would be more than happy to go over the available service plans with you and see if we can find something that better fits your needs.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

The ID channel is available?

Expert

@rickwhoo wrote:

The ID channel is available?

look around channel 1400 (like 1444) do you see IDHD ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Re: ID channel

SAME HAPPENED TO US IN JANUARY,  2019! Same Triple Play Pkg with NO ID DISCOVERY CHANNEL and a FEW OTHERS! LONG STORY WITH NO HELP FROM EVEN CUSTOMER SUPPORT RESOLUTIONS TEAM!  "They" said, "Look at back of each bill and "we" DID NOTIFY YOU THESE CHANNELS  WOULD NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE"  I KNEW I RCV'D NO NOTICE OF THAT AND THEY CHECKED - AND, INDEED, NO NOTICE! "They" said: "WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT"!  I REPORTED THEM TO FCC and though in communication with FCC - THEY DID NOTHING!!!

ALL STATES ARE AFFECTED - NOT JUST "SOME" per latest post from ComCast/Xfinity employee!

UNFORTUNATELY, WE LIVE IN A TOWN WHERE COMCAST/XFINITY "OWNS" THE MONOPOLY! Can't get a dish or satellite as live/own a condo! 

Contributor

Re: ID Channel and Oxygen

YES, was TOLD THAT January, 2019 and IT WAS A LIE! IT STILL IS!!

Contributor

Join the club. If you read the fine print, they can add or drop channels at any time without notice so complaining to the FCC is pointless. Done with Comcast when my current plan expires.
Contributor

I complained and they gave me a one month credit for my entire bill. Better than nothing I guess
Regular Visitor

You do realize how ridiculous your response sounds??? So people who have higher tiers and pay more get less. That is a pathetic business practice. It would be in you or company's best interest to bring back these channels across all tiers.
Expert

@Hilight46 wrote:
You do realize how ridiculous your response sounds??? So people who have higher tiers and pay more get less. That is a pathetic business practice. It would be in you or company's best interest to bring back these channels across all tiers.

for IDHD did you look in your 4 digit channel numbers like 1444 ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

Comcast/Xfinity is one messed up company.  $$$$$$$  1st BEFORE customers.  Get real Comcast/Xfinity

Regular Visitor

No, I don't have it and I haven't had it as since I switched packages in August 2018. The channel number is irrelevant.
Regular Contributor

Yes I really would like to at least try to understand how it benefits either Comcast or the content providers by making those channels available to fewer customers/viewers. Well I would guess that Comcast is now paying less to carry those channels. However It still doesn't make any sense to me.

If Comcast's contract was up and they couldn't come to a new agreements with Discovery, Inc., AMC Networks, InterMedia Partners, or Tribune Media wouldn't Comcast lose the rights to offer those channels to every customer. Even though they still offer other channels from those providers in different packages. Strange that only a handful of channels, each one from a different provider, are being affected. They had to come to some weird agreements to only offer those specific channels in that single lower tier package.

Like I said, I do not know how this benefits anyone other than maybe Comcast since they are now proably paying less to carry those channels. The whole system appears to be very illogical.

So really the only options for people who want those channels back is either to switch their service with Comcast to the Starter tier(it is not even 100% clear if this will get those channels back if you still have a double play package), doing so would also mean losing other channels for those currently with higher tier packages; or subscribe to one of the streaming services, such as Philo, in addition to their Comcast service; or cancel their TV service with Comcast and switch to a provider that carries those channels.

This whole situation just ends up frustrating and/or angering customers.
Contributor

I don't think anyone with xfinity can see these channels anymore... This is just todays normal customer service has NO CLUE what they're doing or talking about.

Expert

@rickwhoo wrote:

I don't think anyone with xfinity can see these channels anymore... This is just todays normal customer service has NO CLUE what they're doing or talking about.

my new package is 2 months old and has IDHD at channel 1444. it is showing web of lies - california scheming st ep4 currently. offers 'restart' too for on-demand.

Contributor

I just checked "On Demand" & ID isn't an option.  Just saying.  Comcast/Xfinity is a rip off.

Contributor

@Rustyben, Channel 1444 shows on my guide but when I click on it it says "Subscribe to IDHD This requires a subscription"... Same as channel 899. I've had xfinity TV service for less than 2 months.

Expert

@rickwhoo wrote:

@Rustyben, Channel 1444 shows on my guide but when I click on it it says "Subscribe to IDHD This requires a subscription"... Same as channel 899. I've had xfinity TV service for less than 2 months.

run the xfinity my account app, select TV tab, then view channel lineup. use the clunky scroll to get to 1444 area. does it skip that channel as part of your subscription?

Contributor

It doesn't show up in mine.

Contributor

Re: No ID channel?

On the xFinity channel lineup, those stations still show that they should be available.  We want them BACK!  Comcast can get them back if their customers show them and continue to complain.  If they refuse, those of us who expect to get them should move to another carried.  If you had not changed your plan you would have continued to recieve those stations.  Change plans and we lose.  xFinity motto.  They don't care about the customer.

Expert

@Vigorman wrote:

On the xFinity channel lineup, those stations still show that they should be available.  We want them BACK!  Comcast can get them back if their customers show them and continue to complain.  If they refuse, those of us who expect to get them should move to another carried.  If you had not changed your plan you would have continued to recieve those stations.  Change plans and we lose.  xFinity motto.  They don't care about the customer.

call 800-Comcast and select TV technical support. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team (stream app). ask the stream app agent to help you get the channel that is in your subscription turned back on for streaming. (that may fix the local TV access too). working?

Contributor

So you are telling me that...though we are told that WGN, WE, and ID (and others) channels cannot be turned on the cable box or our account for normal viewing...if we can get those channels turned on for streaming, they may come on on our current box?