Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery ID Cancelled?

I just spoke to an Xfinity representative because I wanted to know what happened to the channel. I was told that Discovery ID didn't renew their contract with Xfinity and so they couldn't continue to carry their shows as they do not own them. Should Discovery ID renew their contract, the channel will be added back to the lineup. This disruption of services also includes the WE(Women's Entertainment channel). Xfinity could have done more to warn it's customers that this change was going to happen because I knew nothing of this. We just have to hope that Discovery among other channels renew their contracts in the new year so we can get our services back. I need my ID Discovery.
New Poster

Investigation Discovery - ID Channel

We just renewed our Comcast contract and am now learning that the ID channel will not be included in the package. This is the most watched channel in our home and one of the key  reasons for our decision to stay with Comcast. I feel deceived this wasn’t noted by the sales rep up front. And don’t understand,  with so many subscribers that watch the ID channel and seem to be as upset as I am, why Comcast no longer provides this channel. If we do not get ID channel going forward, I will consider cancelling my subscription.

New Poster

Where's the ID Channel?

I am very upset with Comcast right now.  I was calling with a technical question and then I was convinced to add netflix to my plan. Come to find out(without warning from Comcast) that with this change I'd be losing some of my favorite channels-ID, WE and Tru TV!!! 

I called customer service and they said I was "Grandfathered In " to those channels and now there is no way to get them. I want my old plan back!

New Poster

No ID channel

Recently switched to Xfinity from Fios, I asked the agent several times if ID was included in this package. Each time I was told yes, only to get it and discover xfinity doesn’t even carry this station anymore. <Edited> This was my favorite channel now I don’t have it. Had I known this I would have stayed with Fios.

New Poster

Channels

Can I order Channel ID  ? How much is the price to add it?

New Poster

I can’t find some channels !

I try to see ID channel and WE channels , and says I need subscription ! But I call to Comcast and that says that don’t have it anymore !! Really !! Why ?? I pay $204.00 monthly and I can’t see my favorites channels ??? It’s so unfair !!!
New Poster

ID channel we channel

Please !!!! Negotiations with ID channel and WE channel and bring them back !!! ASAP !!
Official Employee

Re: Where's the ID Channel?

Lori-1964 -- Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for reaching out with your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustrations, I would like to assist you from here and see what happened. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Investigation Discovery Dupe

I would never have gone back to Comcast from DirecTV had I known they dropped ID! This is ridiculous!! I was literally at IDCon last year and it's pretty much the ONLY channel I consistently watch! Is Comcast/Xfinity even trying to get it back? I'll go back to DirecTV and Fios!
Expert

Re: Investigation Discovery Dupe

I just got my new "Services & Pricing + Channel Lineup" effective Jan. 1, 2019. I haven't seen one since 2017.

It came as part of my billing statement.  If you don't get a bill check you copy found on the Comcast site and print it out. I have all these channels most are asking about here. The list will show what service levels and channels where found in your particular service area.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Inestigation Discovery Gone & I'm Beyond Ticked Off.(Comcast won't left we use the word I wanted to

Iwas recently informed by 3 Comcast employees  that if I added Comcast home phone to my "Double Play", I would save $20-$30/month so I made the change.  Like so many, I didn't read the new contract that I signed. That's on me.  Well,  the Comcast employees FAILED to advise me that I would lose channels, an in particular, Investigation Discovery (my absolutely favorite TV channel).  Comcast needs to train their staff better.  I am seeking legal advice.  I just signed a 2 year contract.  I'm open to suggestions.  I've been a loyal customer for 16 years, but relationship may come to a screaching halt if Coimcast can't fix this issue ASAP.

New Poster

Bring Back Investigation Discovery (ID) Channel

I'm livid. I have waited months for ID Channel to return to my services. I moved and was never notified that I would be losing ID Channel. I was told that we would have to lose our bundle pricing. So, we agreed. Next thing I know for $200 a month we had old boxes that started speaking spanish randomly, we couldn't talk into the remote and the formatting was 10+ years old. This has been a pain in the tailfeather paying for channels when the one I watch most is not available to me. 😠😡😠😡😠😡
Contributor

ComCast/Xfinity NO LONGER HAS ID Channel!

Look, Comcast/Xfinity - My bill just increased and NOW FIND NO MORE ID DISCOVERY CHANNEL! Service Tech came with new box (no Service Charge as long time customer 20+ years) for being able to use ON Demand thru YouTube at no charge (per Customer Resolutions Member who had Service Tech come over) Worked 1 day NOW GONE!!! NOW WHAT! I want that Channel Back, however You Do IT ComCast/Xfinity - <Edited> Want RESPONSE ASAP!

Official Employee

Re: ComCast/Xfinity NO LONGER HAS ID Channel!

bumpsnwarts1234, thank you for reaching out to us on the forums. 

I would be happy to review the account with you to see what options are available to reduce your monthly bill. Regarding the ID channel, we regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback. 

Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to review the account further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Removal if Investigation Discovery

As always Comcast continues to push customers to find other tv options. Annually your billing goes up and you have to call customer service and beg and plead for some relief that always ends up in changing to things you dont need or taking "advantage" of what they can do for you this year. I had premium channels removed this year but last year it was the only way to reduce my bill.  Was assured no other channels will be removed. The one channel I watch daily ID TV was removed because COMCAST didnt renew with them. Oh its been gone a while but we continued to receive it because, as a customer service person advised this morning, they couldnt figure out how to remove it so when you change your service and refresh it is gone with no way to get it back. You pay hundreds of dollars monthly to keep a service because you try to stay loyal and they thank you by taking and taking. I have many other options that I am exploring up to and including leaving. Not over one channel but just the pure inability to get good and proper service. <Edited> You are a service and you provide anything but. Customers should have a voice. I guess if enough leave maybe the impact will be heard but why cant you simplify the annual billing, give customers decent choices and stop removing channels without customers knowledge. <Edited>

New Poster

ID Channel gone. I was lied to.

I am beyond dissapointed!!!

I was with Comcast for quite a few years, since U-Verse in my area was taken over by Frontier.

I got to tell you, <Edited>.

Last week I went on chat to find out if there is a better plan for me. The rep assured me several times that ID channel is available in my new plan.

Guess what, when I switched, I found out it is not and I can not come back to my old plan because it is not available anymore!

For a few days I tried to get some answers and tried to complain... Only thing I got was $20.00 credit.

At this point Frontier really is looking better and better...

Frequent Visitor

Id Channel on TV Go

Why was this channel removed from Live Tv Streaming?

New Poster

ID channel

When i changed my bundle two months ago, i was not iformed about no longer habing ID channel. I want this back in my chanel lineup.
Official Employee

Re: ID channel

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Frequent Visitor

After "upgrade" I lost channels

After somebody called me last week to offer me an "upgrade" to save money, I agreed to switch plans. I was promised I would not lose any channels and Id be on the highest level of programming. I specifically asked about Investigation Discovery TV (IDTV) and was told I would not lose any channels. After the plan was changed, I lost IDTV

After 5 hours on the phone with customer service and being bounced around to multiple people yesterday I was told that channel is only available on older plans and theres no way to go back to my old plan. I was told I could downgrade my plan to a basic plan thats not part of a bundle for $40 more a month and half the channels I currently get. A supervisor finally called me back 6 hours later and didnt leave me a callback number

<Edited>

I either want to have the channel added to my plan or go back to my old plan. I have TV, internet, phone and home security through Comcast and Ill be looking to switch all of them if this isnt taken care of. This is NOT acceptable

New Poster

Investigation Discovery still gone...

I was told that Comcast was in talks to get ID back and it’s been 6 months or more now. We upgraded our service and have since lost the channel. I was told i could use the app still but it says it isn’t in my xfinity service. Please assist as I’m stuck with Comcast for a while but I will be canceling after my contract is up if I’m just gonna randomly lose my favorite channels. I have the highest package possible and I’m in Frederick, MD
Frequent Visitor

Re: Investigation Discovery still gone...

How has this post been marked as ANSWERED?! We were not told about losing this channel prior to changing packages or bundles. This is NOT answered and Comcast should fix this ASAP. At a minimum tell people theyll be losing channels when they switch

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: After "upgrade" I lost channels

I've been with Comcast for almost 18 years and <Edited> about keeping all my channels with their so called "upgrade" so join the club. Same thing happened to me a few months ago. Bad thing for me where I live Comcast is pretty much our only choice although I am looking more into streaming services and more than likely will be done with Comcast once my current contract is up.

New Poster

ID channel

Just upgraded to the new gateway and lost my fave-ID channel. It's Xfinity working to get this back? I was told I can view it on YouTube...but it's just not the same.
New Poster

ID channel

I would like to know the status of the ID channel for my area. I only found out that the channel was removed after upgrading my package and going to the channel. No one from Comcast in for me by doing so I would lose that channel. I understand that negotiating cost is key with certain channels, however this is taking too long. Please advise so that I and many others can make the decision to move onto another television provider.
Official Employee

Hi @Myboycayden, and @CharlyDontSurf

I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had. From what you're describing, it sounds as if those channels were removed and are no longer available for us to offer, or, you may have to switch to a package that includes the channels you are missing. 

When changes like this come about, we communicate them ahead of time on your monthly statements so our customers are aware of when the changes will be implemented. I'd like to review your accounts and past bills to see if/when this information was sent out to you. I'd also like to see if there are any comparable packages that may be a better fit for you. In order to access your accounts, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employee

Hi @Myboycayden

Sorry for the experience you're having. As mentioned on one of the other post you commented on, it sounds as if that channel is no longer available or offered in your area. If that is the case, this information was communicated on a previous bill, prior to the changes taking affect. I'd be happy to review your bills to see if I can make this right. I've replied to your private message. I'm looking forward to chatting with you. 

New Poster

ID discovery

Is Xfinity ever going to put ID channel back in the lineup? I miss it so bad, I go on Hulu to watch episodes on demand, and because Xfinity doesn’t offer it I can’t even watch it on the app!! If Xfinity doesn’t put this back soon I’m going to Fios. They just added Fios in my area so I’m sure they will be extremely accommodating to get my business. You guys make millions if not billions, there should be no reason Xfinity can’t resolve their issues with ID channel
Contributor

I seriously am very disappointed that Comcast is not doing anything to get the ID Discovery channel back it is one of the best channels that your company carried I do miss it but I gave up a long time ago on hoping we as loyal customers for many years <Edited> have a great day

Contributor

Re: ID discovery

Oh my God do not go to Fios I had them a few years back you lose signal and lots of interference

New Poster

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

Comcast removed one of the best channels eliminating Discovery ID.
I’m searching for other options to Comcast
Raising prices and reducing channels!
Bad!
Official Employee

Hello, Feliciad1. Welcome! Thanks for posting. Changing your gateway shouldn't have any impact on your channel lineup. It sounds like you also made changes to your service package as well. In some areas it was a grandfathered channel and if you change your package, there isn't a way to get it back. We still offer this channel in some areas, it really depends on which market you live in and what changes were made. I will be happy to provide clarification on this, pertaining to your account more specifically. Please send me a private message with your name, I'll take a look, and we'll go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

For those of you that lost the channel because you changed your package or if your area no longer provides it, we don't have any set plans or date (at this time) for the network to come back to your area. However, we will absolutely pass along your feedback about this network. 

Regular Visitor

This is the same response given over and over again. There is still no resolution and you are still in the "negotiation" phase???? Very poor business practice.
Frequent Visitor

<Edited>

Let me explain, I changed a plan be cause I moved 3 miles away and lost ID with the EXCUSE I LOST DUE TO GRANDFATHER <Edited>. I just spent a week in a hospital after a major operation. And I spoke to a few nurses and doctors. All loved ID I can’t get. All said they had it,
Lost it but told they had highest plan and should have got it. Then it was turned back on. Yep it was turned on. Where as I get nothing even though I pay premium HD, 1g Internet and every pay channel I don’t want and can’t get ID channel 899.
We are all wasting our time. <Edited>.

Regular Visitor

Comcast truly does not care about its customers.  I'm a long time client and I pay them a fortune!  <Edited>  - note: they contacted me not the other way around.  Since that time I have reached out several times about getting the ID channel back (the other 5 channels lost would be great as well).  Here are my latest emails and their latest response:

Dear Ms __________

I completely understand your viewpoint but I have provided all the information I am aware of on the loss of the stations. If I was able to push through the request to add the channels back into you lineup I would but that is not available to me.

I do want to inform you that your case will be closed on your request and any future emails will not be answered.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline P.

Office of Tom Karinshak

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Honestly trying to access past episodes through YouTube is not the answer.

I want to be able to watch ALL programs live as in my previous subscription.

I know from being on the Xfinity message board that hundreds if not thousands of your customers have experienced the same thing I have - we were all told we would NOT lose this channel (our FAVORITE channel) and we would NOT have switched packages.   <Edited>

And to not even offer another package that offers this channel - not to mention the 6 other lost channels???? I was told I would lose NO channels.

Unacceptable.

Lisa <Edited>

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Fri, Feb 15, 2019 2:22 pm
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Comments for Tom Karinshak (KMM50684581V58515L0KM)

Dear Ms.---------
Thank you for your response. I had not heard of any news on the channel and did do some research. Currently it does not appear that the channel will be back any time soon. I did discover that you will be able to access any episode though YouTube in the XFINITY App section from your guide.
I do again apologize that at the time you changed your service package that you were not informed of the loss of these channels. If there are any changes in the future, in which this channel is back in the lineup a notification will appear on the last page of your billing statement.

Sincerely,

Jacqueline P.
Office of Tom Karinshak
Frequent Visitor

Agree with everything you said Lisa. I’m in the same boat. They contacted me to upgrade and I specifically asked about this channel. They did give me a one month credit of $180 (the cost of triple play package) but I’m still looking at switching

They pulled the recording of the sales call and the rep straight up lied to me. They said they’ll make sure he gets more training but that doesn’t help me much
Contributor

ID DISCOVERY CHANNEL NO LONGER AVAILABE YET ADVERTISED!

JUST NOW went to sign in and saw Pic #1. On Voice command saw Pic #2. !!! BOTH ADVERTISING ID DISCOVERY CHANNEL, (specifically) "Homicide Hunter". <Edited> ComCast/Xfinity does NOT provide this Channel UNLESS under Basic Starter Kit and buying Interent and Voice seperately at a HUGE PRICE! Pls. DON"T tell me the 'programmers" decide which are the "Most Watched" Channels and feel ID Discovery is NOT Among them! You disco'ed that channel while still on Package AND NO NOTICE IN BILLS, PG 4 indicating this Channel was discoed yet still paying the same for PKG losing ID Discovery as well as 3 more Channels!IMG_2173_2SignIN.jpgIMG_2175_1BestUpgrade2.jpg

Regular Visitor

It's just profound sad Smiley Sad and infuriating!   I would NEVER have switched my package.   And that they are doing this to so many people without even caring Smiley Sad

New Poster

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

Same exact situation for me in York PA. Literally same exact thing for me. And the ID channel is the only thing my fiancé and I like watching together lol
New Poster

ID discovery

Why has it been removed from comcast?? Truly upsetting to me. It was always one of my top 4 channels! Guess I will have to research other ways to obtain it again!
Administrator

Re: ID discovery

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with Investigation Discovery and other channels. In some markets Investigation Discovery is available in current packages or grandfathered packages (packages no longer available) and in some markets it was removed completely. 

We understand that this is disappointing for some customers but in order to offer our customers a wide variety of content at the best value possible, we sometimes need to make difficult choices. We worked hard to create packages with the broadest possible appeal while maintaining value, and these changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors. Though we don’t share specific details publicly, this includes programming costs, alternative viewing options, overall viewing habits (i.e., lighter-viewed programming), and more.

Customers can access select Investigation Discovery content on YouTube via the X1 app.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If you have additional questions or concerns please author a new post. 

New Poster

ID channel

I was told a few weeks ago that I would get the ID channel as soon as Xfinity and Discovery have an agreement-I see they did sign an agreement weeks ago but I still don't get ID

New Poster

Where is my ID channel?

I was told when I got my package that ID would be there which is the main channel I watch and I called because it wasnt there. The lady said that ID us gone because the network wont allow?! I used to have it what's going on?! I'm in new Jersey Monmouth county area super disappointed
New Poster

Investigation Discovery Channel (ID)

The ID channel is supposed to be included in the package I have. Now suddenly I’m getting a notice that I need to subscribe to it. What’s the deal?
New Poster

Investigative Discovery Channel

What I would like to know is why someone hasn't yet filed a Complaint with the Attorney General relative to your deceptive practices.  I was sent a couple of cards telling me what a great customer i was and to call Comcast to see if they could get me better package.  Well I ended up with a free movie channel but nothing else changed.  The price went down $50.00 BUT I LOST MY BEST CHANNEL THAT I WATCH EVERY DAY.  INVESTIGATIVE DISCOVERY.  Had I been informed of this i never would have switched.  I know you are negotiating but not telling people the truth before they switch is deceptive practice.  It would seem to me you are using the people/customers as a negotiating tool with Investigative Discovery Channel.  The more you can reduce the program the better position Comcast is in to negotiate.  THIS IS A REALLY BAD WAY TO DO BUSINESS. Especially since your prices are outrageous to begin with.  Very disappointed.

Official Employee

Re: Where is my ID channel?

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".