Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Expert

Re: WE TV and Investigation Discovery Channels - Where are they?

I just checked my listings in my service area in MN.

I do now have both WE tv and I.D. both in the SD listing 100's series, and in HD 800's series.

Maybe they are being brought back in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello everyone! 

I would like to clear up some of the confusion. Depending on the area you live in, these channels have either been compleatly rermoved from the lineup or are only available in the Starter cable tier. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was told we only have it because we’re grandfathered in and if we change our service we’ll no longer have ID. We have their highest triple play at $225 a month before all the extra fees. We’re thinking about getting rid of Comcast and going to direct tv now. They offer the ID channel in their $40 package and we’ll get internet from our cell phone provider. We’ll be saving over $100 a month. It’s bad business in my opinion to lose customers over a channel they can easily continue to provide.
Official Employee

Donewxfin, Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I definitely understand how this is a frustrating situation and I will be sure to pass along your feedback.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Investigation Discovery ID Cancelled?

I have had ID Discovery with Xfinity for the past 3 years, then two weeks ago it says I need a subscription, I just called customer service and they are saying its been cancelled? I live in Alexandria, Virginia.  Please let me know if this is a permament removal?

New Poster

Re: No ID channel?

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Never said I was losing channels. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. My daughter is looking for tv and internet service. I told her to definitely stay away from Comcast. I might as well have no tv because they took the channels I watch. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Contributor

Just checked, and we have OWN and Tru.

New Poster

when will xfinity bring back investigation discovery channel??? ready to drop you and go to verizon!

i had to switch my package to the super triple play to keep my bill under $300 because you dont offer the digital premier package i had.  i lost the channel i (the bill payer) watch the most- I.D. (899)

i have been a comcast customer since your aquired TCI cable and i am disturbed that you are the most costly of the providers yet we are losing essential entertainment to my houshold due to "negotiations". i have been on the forum and some make mention that it will return to the lineup at some point. Am i able to get a definitive answer??  verizon is offering the same channel lineup as you for a portion less of the price with ID included. 

The price of your service has never steered me away from your company becuase i thought i was paying for quality, but  i feel differently now that i am paying an arm and a leg for service but cant watch the channels i like. 

Official Employee

Re: when will xfinity bring back investigation discovery channel??? ready to drop you and go to v...

Hi there, christinamccray. There is no definite answer at this time. Thank you for your feedback. 

New Poster

ID Channel no longer authorized by XFINITY

The Investigation Discovery Channel needs to be restored to the XFINITY line up. This is by far my favorite channel and probably one of my only reasons to watch TV at all. If it is not restored, I will have to ask myself why I have cable TV access. 

New Poster

IDHD

Really annoying that we pay a ridiculous amount of money for tv only to lose the only channel I watch...wth? I just don’t get it. With the prices you charge nothing....NOTHING...should be left out. Greedy.
Official Employee

@Jared83

Any changes made to your services are communicated to you on billing statements, prior to the changes being implemented. Let me know if you need help finding the bill that your changes were communicated on and I can assist you. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

Regular Visitor

Since we all got hosed when they said the linup will be the same when I signed up and Im not happy. Will they let us leave with no penalty.  I'd go for that in a minute.  A lot of people are complaining since they lost the ID channel. Comcast  could not care less about custmer service. MONEY is all they care about.  BRING BACK ID CHANNEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I'd channel

Disgruntled.  Upgraded package.  Highest triple pkg.

Rep on phone assured me that I'd pkg was included.

Called back third time, was told that not included would have to downgrade to JUST  TV service only in order to get Id channel. Mislead by rep and advertising.  Why????

Official Employee

Re: I'd channel

Hello Dwebb5619. Thanks for posting on our Forum. We apologize for any miscommunication regarding channels included with your new package. If you would like assistance reviewing your package and the options to get the programming you want, I can help. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

New Poster

Where is Discovery ID?????

I just moved, and had to start a new package I was told. The rep went over the channels I want the most and suggested a package with those channels. Now I can't get Discovery ID which was my favorite channel. What's up with that? I was told I specifically would have that channel and am so disappointed! Channels we love keep disappearing lately and it stinks. I'm starting to think it may be better to join the cutting the cord bandwagon. Service prices keep going up while channels are disappearing. What's up with that?

New Poster

ID channel

I was told would get more channels and better pricing when I helped my mom with her new tv and making sure she continues to get her favorite channels with her caretaker. It's critical since it's the only thing my mom can pretty much do anymore . I'm visiting for holidays and they no longer have ID. I was specifically told we would lose no channels. Please help. God bless
Official Employee

Re: ID channel

Hello there, Phyllis254. Our new pricing options include a new channel lineup altogether. The ID channel has been removed from all of our lineups and cannot be added back. 

Frequent Visitor

And why in the world you remove a channel that is so very popular with women? Pretty sure you would be less likely to do that to a channel watched faithfully by men.  I am paying you 287 a month.   I still have Id because I was astute enough to ask directly if I would retain all the channels if I got the latest package.  To his credit he told me the truth but if i had not asked I would have lost Id plus the other channels too. I stayed with my current plan so I am grandfathered in but I am paying way too much for it.  Direct tv is looking better and better.  Y’all need to get your act together.  

New Poster

I did the same thing today. I wanted to renenroll to another promotion since my current one went up 30%. Stuck with it because it has ID. I was told to get Roku, download ID, and it will be there. So I bought the roku, got the app, and it says I must log in with my tv provider. So I did and it’s working...so my question is can I still log onto the app if I if I change my package to a new promo?? It seems it just wants my log in. Please let me know ASAP.
Frequent Visitor

I am not Comcast.   But It seems unlikely that it would work if your Comcast package does not include id discovery.  I too have ROKU.    But it’s possible that the software is not smart enough to recognize that - yet.   Do you trust Comcast support to have the correct answer?  And there is no testing without your changing your package to the new one without ID.  And  If doesn’t - no turning back.  I am curious also.   Hopefully someone on this forum who got the new package without ID tried it out and can give us an answer.  Be great if it does but I would think if it is a contract dispute between id and Comcast that the ID folks would not like us getting it for free.   Or Comcast may  have to pay ID if their customers access it using their Comcast login.    Comcast needs to get that channel back.  But unless they lose enough customers they are not going to be in a rush to do that. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi again Stacey.   I found this faqs page.  The software seems to have it’s bases covered.  

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/online-tv-through-partner-sites

From there I linked to the id discovery page for their rules as Comcast directed and found this answer to a question on being locked out.   . However another answer said that you can watch some stuff without signing in; nothing new though. It is primarily old shows.   Kay 

Why does it say that my subscription doesn't allow me access to locked videos or networks?

We can only offer you full access to networks that are part of your existing cable, satellite or TV package. If you do not subscribe to a package that includes a network, or your provider does not offer a network, you will not be able to watch it. If you believe that you have been blocked from content by mistake, please click here to contact us and we'll see if we can help you with the problem.

Frequent Visitor

No, I did the same thing and unfortunately it does stop working. Only option is to sign up for Philo for $16 month and use them as your provider. But am almost certain it will soon enough stop working for all cable providers.
Contributor

I was promised I would keep all the channels I have when I "upgraded" then like many others, lost ID and several other channels.  When I called back to complain it was "Oh sorry, you were misinformed, those channels are no longer available in our new plans, we apologize for any inconvenience...blah, blah, blah" and then told that I couldn't switch back to my old plan.  Only options where I live are Comcast, DirectTV and Dish Network and I've had satellite before and hated it.  Looking into streaming services now.  So fed up  with Comcast and their lies that I'll probably get Hulu or something else when my current plan expires.  Also being told that Comcast is in "negotiations" to bring these channels back yet that has been going on for months so apparently Comcast cares more about profits than what their customers want.  

New Poster

Tired of paying $300 per month and being scammed out of channels while supposedly Getting better Internet that works just as bad as it did before -Thanking I can live without the rest of the channels between Netflix and prime.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the information. I feared that would be the case.
Contributor

I was told the same thing back in August when I moved yes my bill went down but yep they stopped the ID channel which was the best channel ever then someone from Comcast stated that Discovery was in negotiations which was another lie

Expert

The ID channel was a local channel carried over the air for "free". That is where I used to watch it.

When the local stations lost, or dropped the channel, it could no longer be carried by Comcast. I do have the channel back in my service area now with Comcast.  Maybe you will get it back sometime in the future with Comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I.D. via OTA? Where and how?Isn't this a cable or satellite broad cast network? I seriously doubt it was thru an antenna reception.
Contributor

I've never heard of ID ever being a free, over the air network. Far as I know you can only get it with some kind of pay TV subscription. Yet unfortunately and surprisingly the largest cable company in the country no longer carries it.
Frequent Visitor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

you can call all you want, used to be they cared, not anymore, after several calls about reducing my bill 160.00 a month, higher than my gas and electric combined, this is what i get maybe 10 channels, fox news not included 134.00, lol, call our loyalty people they will help, i called, total disconcerned,   jerk, cold jerk, i cant wait till i can call and cancel the whole dishonest  cable. i refuse to pay that much. plus i sent back equipment, 9.95, my bill dropped7 dollars, like what, 16 yrs as a loyale customer, no wonder people hate them.

New Poster

I’m going to be changing packages. Does ID still work on Xfinity steam and the ID TV app. You said it was wroking, but your message was in July. That would be great!!! I would hate to lose it. Otherwise I think Hulu at $5.99 would be a good option. It just wouldn’t be live shows. My bill is up big time otherwise!
Contributor

If you want to keep ID then don't change your plan no matter what Comcast tells you. They lied to me about it.
New Poster

I will find out in the next week. I will watch ID over Xmas break and change plans after the new year. If it doesn’t stream, I will sign up for Hulu. For $5.99 at least I will be able to log onto the app! I can’t afford for my bill to go up this much!
Frequent Visitor

i have amazons fire stick, love love love, amazon prime, gets married with secrets, stolen voices buried secrets, crimes of passion, nightmare next door, deadly sins, it is 12.99 a month, but i packed up equipment take to ups, free, send it back. plus u-tube free, hulu, netflix,  dark minds, fear thy neighbor, id was the only channel i watched, next i'll get a smart tv, my hubby watches oldies only, why pay 160.00 for all those junk channels. customer for 16 yrs, but i'm done.

Contributor

Exactly!! If you don’t ask they don’t tell and then you’re stuck in a binding contract! But when they take away channels mid contract that’s ok??
Their business practices are the most disgusting I’ve ever heard of!! But they get away with it because they’re not regulated!! They’re all encompassing: phone, tv, and internet communications. The average person cannot conduct their daily lives without these services nowadays which is why they should be considered a utility and regulated! Even accessing your own medical records is done thru the internet now!!
Bottom line? Comcast you’re horrific! I wouldn’t recommend you to my worst enemy!!
Contributor

Dear allieace,
Once upon a time you had a Comcast rep that cared?? Are you sure you weren’t in the “Twilight Zone”? Oh, wait, that can’t be....Comcast probably found a way to get rid off that too!! 🤣😜🤣
Official Employee

Re: Where is Discovery ID?????

Hi, megan00! Thank you for posting! If you switch to Standard, or Select, or Signature, or Super package - the Discovery ID is one of the channels that hasn't been moved to the new lineups. Other channels are: 

1. TRUtv
2. WEtv
3. Oxygen
4. UP
5. WGN

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employee

Hi @bdati2d

Thanks for using the Forum. Unfortunately, we wouldn't allow you out of your contract for this. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.  

Contributor

Same old standard form response.  Who cares what us paying customers think and what channels we want.  This is why I'm so done with Comcast after my current plan expires. 

New Poster

Here it is Christmas and "Channel not authorized".  I've spent an hour trying to figure this out. We must be current on our bill, because of course we get the 10K other channels. So I guess it's because my wife called to drop to basic cable xx time ago, and was offered a package that probably included ID. (PS - ID wasn't even in HD.) So I'm sure it's because that promo period ended the other day.

We had ID with any 'package' we've ever had in the xx years we've lived here. 

You're required to notify us when regulated fees change right?

Why can't you just notify us that 'on xx day, the following channels will only be offered if you xxx."? You're now having to respond to the same q's with no positive solutions.If you would have disclosed this we could have seen something before the change and then had a CHOICE what to do.

Contributor

Dear PizzaDriver,
Of course that’s what they should do for their customers!! Unfortunately, you’re assuming that Comcast is like other companies that actually CARE about their customers! Hahaha!!
Merry Christmas!
New Poster

I called to consider an upgrade and was told if I upgrade I'll lose those channels. I chose not to upgrade. Considering going back to dish at this point. So annoying.
Contributor

At least they were truthful with you, they flat out lied to me.
Frequent Visitor

Interesting, Comcast had taken and removed parts of the posting they don’t like and leave others in place. So the reality is this entire forum is not accurate and with missing comments edits and postings deleted the true context of this and any other posting on any Comcast forums can not be considered accurate and truthful. Goes to show what they are editing content to control the true intent of a forum.
Frequent Visitor

This forum can not be trusted as a sound box of which Comcast sees as a tool to improve. Only to control rumors and create what they want other customers to think
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Seriously, one of 7 channels I actually watch and it's still off the air.  Please just bring it back.  You can get rid off all the MTVs, VH1s, Disney's, Game Show Networks.

Or at least let me sign into the app even though it's not on TV... I'll pay a few bucks extra.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Language">

New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Ugh!!! I'm so mad! I was told investigation Discovery was coming back to the line up the last week of December and when I tried to go to it. Nothing!!! So talked to another rep who said there is no set time as of yet for it to be added back in! So wth? I was lied to about it and I'm VERY UNHAPPY! Comcast gets more than enough money so to quivel over one show is ridiculous. It's one of the most popular shows on television. We pay plenty to watch so PUT INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY BACK ON!! Any one else for it? Let's start a petition!!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Investigation Discovery

Have my vote, seems they should tell by now this was the wrong channel to axe. I would love to see Stars, HBO, Show Time or any other premium channels go and return I.D.
New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery

We just switched from DirecTV to Comcast and was horrified when I went to find the ID Channel and discovered it’s the ONLY channel I don’t get! And it was the ONLY channel I watched. None of the technicians could really answer my questions in five “chat” threads. I was told to “reboot” my gateway . . . Then one finally said it was “grandfathered” in (and not available to new subscribers) when I told him my neighbor gets it. I was told I could go to an “old plan” and pay an extra $40+ a month. I am so beyond upset over this. I know it is only one channel - but come on? Everyone on the planet gets it except “new Comcast subscribers” who were stupid enough to not read the “fine print.” I am still tempted to go back to DirecTVbut we need the cable internet. I hope this is somehow resolved - I can’t even watch on the App Store because my cable provider doesn’t offer it! RIDICULOUS!