Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Frequent Visitor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

i guess i'll be switching to direct tv

Contributor

You better live in a part of the country where it doesn't rain or snow too much because when I had DirectTV I always lost the picture whenever it rained or snowed and even in heavy wind.  I live in Central Indiana, where we get lots of rain, snow and wind.  I'm looking into streaming services because I've about had it with Comcast too.

Contributor

When I had Direct TV when we had a snow fall rain and even wind we would lose signal with one snowflake little bit of rain and a low wind speed it was not worth it so I went back to Comcast

Contributor

Big mistake I hope you live in a snowfree, rainfree and windfree climate because you will lose service trust me I have been there

Contributor

I know the feeling I loved ID channel and I doubt we are never going to get it back it is very sad especially to the customers of Comcast who have been long time loyal customers goes to show even loyal customers are not treated fairly

Contributor

Crying will do not good we are just be treated unfairly

Frequent Visitor

I know this, I am very unhappy with the price of my bill, 160.00, and not getting my favorite channel, they know we can't do anything, in my area thats it xfinity, sickens me, to much money for cable tv, because this was not explained, i'm calling again to get this lowered, i don't need the 250 junk channels. my bill went up 30.00 more per month. i wish this co. would fold.

New Poster

I'm in Massachusetts and ID has disappeared.  I am getting the same answers as most I see here, negotiating, ala-carte, and get this STILL AVAILABLE.  HAHAHAHAH!  Only not funny.  Getting really tired of Xfinity starting to look and act exactly like its competition.  I watch like five channels. Now with the loss of one the most popular channels, that I am sure we all helped make popular (ID), I am dropping more than I am gaining.  Yet I have 100 channels that are useless to me billed in a way I can't change ("packages").  I am CERTAIN that when ID returns, somehow we will have to pay more.  Also, somehow during my last move and changing over my account I lost access to the NFL network.  I can't even trace back how that happened, but if there were a competition, Xfinity would be winning.  I keep paying on time and they keep taking things away.  Oh yeah, and my service at my new address (4 months) has had DAILY interruptions where my tv just freezes and I have to reset and wait.  Not once a day, twice minimum.  And we pay for this!!  

Regular Visitor

Comcast is raking in billions of dollars by fleecing its customers. They have balls to take away ID Network and even bigger balls to take away the ability to use our DVRs remotely. I will give them a few more months to restore ID and the ability to use my DVR remotely before I switch to DirecTV. They cannot get away with taking away channels and features while constantly jacking up their prices.
Contributor

I had Direct TV for awhile but if we has a rain or snow storm or even a wind storm we would lose the signal so I went back to comcast yes it is sad how they are treating their customers I just recently moved and during the process of moving they upgraded but I was told everything would stay the same but oops they were not truthful I lost the best channel ever the ID channel not very good customer service

Contributor

Good morning are you trying to say that you called Comcast about the ID channel and they charged you 30.00 more per month and you still are not receiving ID????

Frequent Visitor

correct,

Frequent Visitor

what about dish? my friend likes, anybody?

Contributor

Dish is almost the same as Direct TV it is a satellite dish on roof of home any kind of snow, rain, wind can interfere with television

New Poster

That's pretty much what happened to me. I called to find out where like 3 of my fave channels went and literally ended that conversation without the ID channel and paying more per month for less. No one seems to know what to do with my situation. I'm paying WELL over $200 monthly. For what started out 10 years ago as an $89. a month service.
Contributor

Same here my favorite channel gone it is sad and we as loyal customers should be given a reason why this happened Comcast must know what is going on and be straight with us

Official Employee

Thanks for the feedback. A small number of channels will not be found in all of the New Packages in the Northeast Division, and will only be available on Digital Starter. We understand that this is disappointing for some customers but in order to offer our customers a wide variety of content at the best value possible, we sometimes need to make difficult choices. We worked hard to create packages with the broadest possible appeal while maintaining value, and these changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Does anyone know the status of the negotiations with Comcast and Discovery??<br>Like everyone else, I was enticed into upgrading and was told would keep all the gold channels plus new ones. Now I am stuck without the only network I even cared to watch.
Official Employee

Re: Investigation Discovery

Hi, thundercat79. Welcome to the forums community and thank you for posting!

I'm happy to clear up your channel lineup concern here. To confirm - are you wondering about the regular Discovery Channel (possibly on channel 39) or the Investigation Discovery channel (possibly on 252)?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ID Discovery Channell

I livd in Harford County, Md. and I just found out that I no longer have the ID Channel. When I called Comcast they informed me that they no longer had the contract. That is my favorite channel. I have an expensive package and just knew that I would have that channel. I was told that I would have everything that I had before. I am so disappointed. They need to bring our channel back.
Official Employee

Re: ID Discovery Channell

Hi, roslyntenita. Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. If you changed your package from one of our grandfathered plans (after the new packages/plans/channel lineups became available in your area) that is when those changes and differences would have taken place. If you have specific questions about your plan, what happened, what the changes were, I'd be happy to address them. You can send me a private message with your name for further clarification. Changes should have been disclosed to you and we wouldn't have been able to make the package change without your approval, so we'll see what happened and go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

New Poster

investigation discovery

All of a sudden Investigation Discovery channel is not working.tells me, "Sorry, there seems to be a problem here. If you"ve made changes to your account, the updates may still be in process. If you haven't made changes, try watching another channel"

I HAVE NOT made changes and don't want to watch another channel!!

Official Employee

Re: investigation discovery

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Anyone know when it if the ID channel will be coming back to the lineup?

Tags (1)
New Poster

They took it out of the lineup!!! I want it back. That's my fave channel! Can't believe they took it out. Contract dispute I was told. In other words Discovery wanted more money and Comcast doesn't want t to pay it!

New Poster

Bring back investigation discovery channel

When will  Xfinity bring back the ID channel? Obviously there are many viewers sad or upset about losing access to this channel. Unless you want to lose a lot of customers to FiOS or satellite you need to bring this channel back your viewers! 

New Poster

Loss of ID Discovery - was not told when my account was updated

I know companies have to make a profit but why did I lose Id Discovery????.  I have the highest level package and do not have one of the few channels that I actual watch.  I have been a comcast customer for a very long time and this is not good.  Does anyone out there have an suggestion for an alternative carrier.  I live in Winthrop MA.  I am still within the 30 day window and I think it is time to leave comacast.  I am not goint to bother to call them that is a waste of my time!!!!

Official Employee

Re: What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Hello all ~

I cannot give a blanket statement for the ID channel, as there are only changes to it in certain markets. If it's unclear to you why it has gone away from your package, I'd really have to look at your account to give you an explanation. Depending on the situation and where you are, I may be able to get it back for some of you. In our Northeast Division, this channel is/was available as part of a Grandfathered package/plan. Anyone that changed their package from that Grandfathered package, would be part of the group where this is an irreversible change to your account. For those of you in that case - I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel, we examine channel lineups often, and I'm sorry it has gone away.

For those of you that do not live in the Northeast vicinity of the US, you're welcome to send me a private message to discuss your situation and your options. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Bring back Investigation Discovery! I upgraded my package and lost my favorite channel!
New Poster

Re: Re Investigation Discovery, Tru TV, and other

We feel the same way.  Just switched to comcast and lost my favorite station - Investigation Discovery.  If I had known I would never have switched my TV provider.

New Poster

ID Channel

When is the ID Channel coming back? Why do some Comcast customers have it? I was told anyone that made changes, including upgrades lost it. Seems ridiculous to me.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: ID Channel

Hello, Ginny1414. Yes, this is correct. It depends on what region you are in. We are rolling out new channel lineups in select markets. If your market is one of those, the ID channel is no longer available. 

Official Employee

Re: Re Investigation Discovery, Tru TV, and other

Hello @Amc623 and @ladee71

Thanks for using the forums. I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about Investigation Discovery, TruTV and the other's that are no longer available in your area. We examine channel lineups often to offer the best content available. 

Official Employee

Hi @Dbennttt

These changes are part of an ongoing effort to review the programming we offer based on a host of factors including programming costs, alternative viewing options and overall viewing habits (e.g., more lightly viewed programming). We apologize for the inconvenience. 

New Poster

Re: No ID channel really??????????

Hi Martin,

Were you able to get this resolved for ccribb and get their ID channel back? We had the same thing happen and prior to switching our package, had discussed with the rep that we absolutely must have that channel and they assured us that we would. Then suddenly it was gone. I have spoken with two reps (one of which was through one of those courtesy cards that is supposed to get the best help possible) and no one know why it's gone or won't say. Is there a way to get the ID channel back? It's still listed as a channel that is available on all 3 digital packages, even the lowest starter package, so how can it just be gone? 

New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Bring back Investigation Discovery channel. Love this. Why get rid of channels that people love? Unbelievable!!!!
Regular Visitor

where is my ID channel

I was a DirecTv customer for 15 years . I was told my programming will be better than what I had. Now I lost ID---- as soon as my contract is over I will change back. Comcast lies, lies,and lies. I sorry I left. It will not happen again. 

Official Employee

Re: where is my ID channel

Hello, I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Frequent Visitor

When will Comcast bring back ID? (Do we need the get a new provider?)

When will Comcast bring back ID? (Do we need the get a new provider?)

Been with Comcast for years.  Back in 2015 I had dropped Dropped Direct TV when they dropped weather channel for Comcast. Now Comcast doing the same with ID. Did I need to return to Direct TV Now to get my favorite channel?

New Poster

Investigation discovery

I am very upset that we can not get the I.d. network in my area it says need a subscription. When I call I get told its not available in my area. The channel is available to direct tv customers in this area.
Expert

Re: Investigation discovery

@Aleishark13 wrote:
I am very upset that we can not get the I.d. network in my area it says need a subscription. When I call I get told its not available in my area. The channel is available to direct tv customers in this area.

I don't know if it was ever missing before, but I know I have it now in both HD and SD in my service area of: Twin Cities MN. I have not changed my service level in over a decade.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: Investigation discovery

Hello Aleishark13. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. I can assist with researching the Investigation Discovery availability at your specific location. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. 

New Poster

Investigation Discovery ID Cancelled?

I have had ID Discovery with Xfinity for the past 3 years, then two weeks ago it says I need a subscription, I just called customer service and they are saying its been cancelled? I live in Alexandria, Virginia.  Please let me know if this is a permament removal?

New Poster

Re: No ID channel?

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Never said I was losing channels. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. My daughter is looking for tv and internet service. I told her to definitely stay away from Comcast. I might as well have no tv because they took the channels I watch. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Contributor

Just checked, and we have OWN and Tru.

New Poster

when will xfinity bring back investigation discovery channel??? ready to drop you and go to verizon!

i had to switch my package to the super triple play to keep my bill under $300 because you dont offer the digital premier package i had.  i lost the channel i (the bill payer) watch the most- I.D. (899)

i have been a comcast customer since your aquired TCI cable and i am disturbed that you are the most costly of the providers yet we are losing essential entertainment to my houshold due to "negotiations". i have been on the forum and some make mention that it will return to the lineup at some point. Am i able to get a definitive answer??  verizon is offering the same channel lineup as you for a portion less of the price with ID included. 

The price of your service has never steered me away from your company becuase i thought i was paying for quality, but  i feel differently now that i am paying an arm and a leg for service but cant watch the channels i like. 

Official Employee

Re: when will xfinity bring back investigation discovery channel??? ready to drop you and go to v...

Hi there, christinamccray. There is no definite answer at this time. Thank you for your feedback. 

New Poster

ID Channel no longer authorized by XFINITY

The Investigation Discovery Channel needs to be restored to the XFINITY line up. This is by far my favorite channel and probably one of my only reasons to watch TV at all. If it is not restored, I will have to ask myself why I have cable TV access. 

New Poster

IDHD

Really annoying that we pay a ridiculous amount of money for tv only to lose the only channel I watch...wth? I just don’t get it. With the prices you charge nothing....NOTHING...should be left out. Greedy.
Official Employee

@Jared83

Any changes made to your services are communicated to you on billing statements, prior to the changes being implemented. Let me know if you need help finding the bill that your changes were communicated on and I can assist you. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.