Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Contributor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

That's what happened with me but the rep never told me voluntarily, I only found out when I complained/reminded them what they did to me last time my package was up for renewal...days after that renewal I discovered several of my recordings from 5 other channels were missing because they deleted them!! After assuring me nothing would change!
Clearly we're not all lying!! This is an obvious pattern/ploy they've used for many, many years! And because they practically own the market they continue to get away with these dishonest practices! I think it should be considered fraud at this point but hey, what do I know? I do know this: They're well aware their reps lie to us and do nothing to stop it! At this point I think they encourage it!
Anyway, my long-winded, rambling point is, this time I told them not to change a thing on my account and I'm now paying an extra 27 bucks a month to keep ID! If I had another option where I live? Comcast would be history and I'd have extra money in my pocket! My daughter has twice as much recording space, at least 25 more channels and pays $50 less than I do!! She's not a Comcast customer! Lucky Little Lady!! 😊
Contributor

My question to you is how on earth did you get the ID channel back I would gladly pay the extra 27.00 a month that is my favorite channel

Contributor

Wishful thinking but I guess we can dream

Contributor

Amybth,

That's why in the fine print it says, "Programming and channels subject to availability and may change without notice." CYA on their part and why it's pointless to try get the FTC involved.
Regular Visitor

Call the number on your bill to the state communications commission and complain what comcast is doing. I downgraded my bundle lost the channels that are being discussed and a lot more because they moved some channels to a higher tier package.
Contributor

Like I said earlier, that's all in the fine print and unfortunately the FTC or any other government consumer advocacy/protection agency isn't going to get involved just because a company rep misled or even outright lied to you. It's all in writing and they only get involved if any of those things are violated.
Contributor

Unfortunately after one phone call, many, many years ago, I learned what you're saying to be absolutely true....😔
Contributor

I was denied access to this forum do not know the reason has anyone else in this forum get denied access?????

Contributor

I thought I was too but looked like it was just one post that didn't belong in this thread and so it was moved...it also looked like it was for a Comcast rep and to be honest I couldn't make sense of what the customer wrote...
I logged out, back in and everything seems normal again....but I still have no clue if my assumption is right.
You know what they say about assuming!! Hahaha!!!
Contributor

That I do about assuming things just want ID back especially Joe Kendra Have a great day

New Poster

When I just signed up with Xfinity last month the rep told me that I would get the ID Channel but when I click on the channel it says my subscription
doesn't include ID. When I called Comcast about it, they said they no longer have a contact with them. That's my favorite channel, I used to watch it all the time. Had I been told the truth that I can't get it, I wouldn't have switched!! I'm looking for another company to switch to again that actually does get the channel.
New Poster

This is what happens when a company gets to big and has no or little compitition! They could care less about there costumers and they show it every time you call them. If we could get FIOS or a dish with decent internet this would never happen! I am an ID addict! I hate this.

Contributor

Good morning Before I moved to this town I lived in a town with access to Fios Verizon that was a horrible ordeal we used to lose internet and cable because of a cell tower close by and then I had a private telephone line and there were like 3 other parties with my phone line when I tried to make a call I could hear the other persons talking and the Dish that was a joke also everytime it rained or snowed it would block the signal even a little bit of wind messed it up so I went back to Comcast now they get rid of the ID the best channel ever it is not a good thing

Contributor

I also was told the same if you signed a contract you are now obligated to that ID was the best channel ever they did not tell us the truth now we are stuck it is sad

Contributor

I had DirectTV too for a while and any rain, snow or even heavier than usual wind blowing we would losethe picture or it would keep cutting in or out.  Looking into streaming options now but even then you still need high speed internet for it to work well and Comcast charges you more for internet if you don't have TV or any other service with them.  About the only other option where I live for internet is AT&T and I have friends who have it and hate it and tell me stick with Comcast for internet since AT&T is terrible.  A real catch-22 for us consumers. 

Contributor

I am not into electronics and this age of technologies what is streaming and how does it work is it just on cell phones and if I wanted to stream the ID channel is it all of the programs or just one

Contributor

Agreed!! They know they have very little competition so they don't care about the customer the minute we agree to a contract!!
When I moved here (25+ yrs ago!) we had Telemedia. I lived about 5 miles from their office. They were so nice!! Telemedia became Comcast and everything changed...not for the better! You're absolutely right...the bigger they got the worse they got! They were ruder and deceptive! The reps changed from friendly, nice and respectful to frazzled, cranky and rude!
In all these years I've had just a handful of reps treat me like a human being! So few that anytime I've been lucky enough to speak with a nice one I make sure I call their Manager and tell them: "You have so few good reps, please treat "Jane" great and give her a raise so she doesn't leave your awful company and ask her to train everyone else!"
The Manager always sounds shocked to actually get a compliment instead of a complaint and thank me profusely!! LoL!
Contributor

It will work on TVs but it has to be a "Smart" TV that can access the internet. Without going into all the techie jargon and detail, "streaming" is basically getting TV shows and channels through an internet connection or even a cellular network with smart phones, instead of cable, satellite, etc. There are lots of TV streaming services out there now that offer the same channels that Comcast dropped.
Contributor

I don't understand streaming at all but I want to look into so badly! I've heard the savings are really good!!
The only problem? The minute someone tries to explain it to me using all that techno jargon, my eyes glaze over, roll to the back of my head and five seconds later I want a shot of tequila and a nap!! Hahaha!!
😝😛😝
Frequent Visitor

Please share your insights on streaming these channels. (on bended knee)

Regular Visitor

I just signed up for Philo (philo.com).   You just go to the website and enter for a trial subscription of a week.  You can then decide if you want a subscription.  They carry 40 channels for $16.00 a month and I believe you can subscribe on a month to month basis.  ID is on Philo Smiley Happy

You cannot watch it on TV but rather on your Iphone or Ipad but you can watch  live or access later.

It's the best option I've found for the time being.  I am FURIOUS with Comcast.

Contributor

You can get Philo on TV if you have a Smart TV. They're not that expensive, I paid $300 for a 43" Smart TV almost 3 years ago and the price has dropped some since then. Seen some advertised for less than $200 now.
Regular Visitor

Thanks - I do have a Smart TV - was not sure how it works with cable

Contributor

I have my TV close to my modem so I use the ethernet cable to connect the TV to the modem.  Most Smart TVs will also connect with WiFi but I prefer the ethernet cable for the TV since it's one less device on the WiFi and usually you get faster speeds with an ethernet connection than WiFi.

New Poster

No ID Channel

Moved from MS to Central VA in August, transferring service. Got here and realized ID Channel does not show up - message says “subscription required”. The channel is in the package I paid for. It’s been posted that one must have a “digital starter package” to get this and a few other “removed” channels. I don’t understand why a channel would work on a lower tier but not on a higher one-that’s the opposite of what we usually see. Also, how did MS get this right (channel still active in that state), but VA didn’t?
Expert

Re: No ID Channel

@angryone48197 wrote:
Moved from MS to Central VA in August, transferring service. Got here and realized ID Channel does not show up - message says “subscription required”. The channel is in the package I paid for. It’s been posted that one must have a “digital starter package” to get this and a few other “removed” channels. I don’t understand why a channel would work on a lower tier but not on a higher one-that’s the opposite of what we usually see. Also, how did MS get this right (channel still active in that state), but VA didn’t?

do you have the X1 system? if so using the My Account app, on the TV tab at the top will have a link to all your subscribed channels. does it show up there?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

They lied to me just for a sale.  Today when they swapped out modems, ID is gone.  I WAS TOLD NOTHING WOULD CHANGE I WOULD ONLY GAIN.  Dish or Direct because I’m done, 15 years with them and they pull this.

New Poster

Comcast employees are baiting and switching the loyal customers they talked me into a newer package so I could get faster internet I was told I wouldn't lose any channels just faster internet but I did lose channels ID is one of them I called more than 10 times to get this resolved but nobody will help me they lied about the package I thought it was just a few channels I lost but there are more lots more I'm not going to stop fighting about this until they give me my channels back bait and switch is illegal but they seem to think they are untouchable if you are a customer who isn't satisfied you need to keep calling and complaining they make enough money off of us they need to provide what the customer wants.

Contributor

I was offered the same package at a lower cost I was told I would not lose any channels and like you oops I did and one of those channels was the ID the best channel ever I spoke to one of the supervisors and was told that they were trying to get ID back which I really think it was just to humor me it is disgusting

Highlighted
Contributor

Dish and Direct TV will put a satellite dish on your roof and during any kind of wind, rain, snow, thunder, lightning really any kind of storm you will lose signal I know this for sure because I had it

Regular Visitor

Thanks!

New Poster

I switched to Sony Playstation Vue to get Investigation Discovery.  Droped down to just local channels on Xfinity to get lower internet rates and haven't looked back.  Even though there is little savings over Xfinity I find the mix of channels on SPV much more to my liking which makes it a better value to me.

Contributor

I tried these channels still cannot get ID what is going on are we or are we not going to get the ID channel back in our package and if not how cn be get it back

Contributor

What is the starter package and if possible what is the cost????

Contributor

Yeah, they can't afford to negotiate to keep ID channel but they just spent 39 BILLION to purchase Sky Cable??!! That ALONE proves Comcast Xfinity whatever you call them does NOT give a rat's behind about their customers!!
New Poster

Investigation Discovery Channel taken away from me without letting me know

What happened to the Investigation Discovery Channel?

I used to have it now it's gone.  One of the only channels I watch on this channel line up.

Paying almost $200.00 a month to watch tv and you take away the only channel i watch.

Regular Visitor

ID channel

If Comcast doesn't bring back the ID channel my time with Comcast will be short. I'll go back to DirecTv as soon as possible. We watched ID most of the time. BRING BACK ID CHANNEL !!!!!!

Contributor

Good morning How did you manage to get ID back and did it cost more to get it back thanks please respond thanks

New Poster

So for the Indianapolis area, are these channels available?
Contributor

I live in Indy and was told these channels, "are no longer available", even though my dad has Comcast and still gets them. Comcast's excuse is that he's on a "grandfathered" plan so he still gets those channels while I don't on my "upgraded" plan. Even after I was promised that "everything would stay the same and you'll keep all the channels you currently have" when I "upgraded". That's Comcast "logic" in a nutshell.
Contributor

I was told the same thing when I moved and upgraded I would not lose any channels but oops guess what that statement was not true ID was the best and no way of getting it back this is not fair to do to a customer of over 30 years

Expert

@CharlyDontSurf wrote:
I live in Indy and was told these channels, "are no longer available", even though my dad has Comcast and still gets them. Comcast's excuse is that he's on a "grandfathered" plan so he still gets those channels while I don't on my "upgraded" plan. Even after I was promised that "everything would stay the same and you'll keep all the channels you currently have" when I "upgraded". That's Comcast "logic" in a nutshell.

Your reply here is inacurate. I.D. channel is missing in any service area where the channel was dropped on a local channel carrying it over the air. I no longer have it  either in the Mpls./St. Paul area. The owners of the shows are looking for a different stations to carry the show. So it may be showing up in other service areas by now. So local channels are networked owned, others are not. This may affect who might still be arrying the old local channel.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I was just at my dad's house yesterday, he lives a few miles from me and he still gets ID and all those other channels that got dropped from my plan, I checked. Have you ever been there? Didn't
Valued Contributor

Re: ID channel

@bdati2d wrote:

If Comcast doesn't bring back the ID channel my time with Comcast will be short. I'll go back to DirecTv as soon as possible. We watched ID most of the time. BRING BACK ID CHANNEL !!!!!!

according to this topic

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/What-happend-to-Investigation-Discovery-ID/m-...

ID is available within the starter package.

Contributor

• I did have the ID channel up until the time I moved then when I did move I was given the upgrade and I was told I would not lose any channels and then I did I did not care about other channels but the best channel ever the ID channel really this is not a fair situation we were all lied too
Contributor

When I moved I had one of the supervisors come to my home because I had problems with the setup of the move with my telephone service so after 3 times a supervisor showed up and I had to ask him about the ID channel I was told that Comcast was trying to get ID back and it should be brought back but nothing has been resolved at the present time

Frequent Visitor

i called in today 10/1, if you agreeded to triple play which i did, not included in that package, tried talking me ino seperate package, my bill would be 200.00 a month. i'm so sad, my favorite channel.

Contributor

Did you sign a contract and when you charged are you going to get the ID channel I do not know because I at this point of time I do not have trust in Comcast

Frequent Visitor

no more id, i'm ready to bawl my eyes out.

Frequent Visitor

i'm in tears, 15 years as a customer and they won't do a darn  thing, not fair, all the money you pay and the only channel i watch is gone.