Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Contributor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

That is correct and they are not coming back unless people complain.  And maybe not even then.

Contributor

That comcast supervisor is not telling the truth.  There are no "negotiations" they just dropped those channels.  For example - how are those negotiations between Comcast and dropped channel Oxygen going?  Because Comcast owns Oxygen, those negotiations *should* be going well, you'd think.

Contributor

Both.

Contributor

They are only doing it in some markets, and only for people who make a change to their service.

Contributor

It's truly ridiculous and you should complain.

Contributor

Comcast is claiming they are "negotiating" with these channels and it is not the truth.  If it were true, why would Comcast be "negotiating" with Oxygen which is owned by... Comcast.  The best recourse is to complain.

Contributor

Comcast is removing tehse channels in some markets as a test to see if people will complain - or ditch their service.  ID is available on DirecTV Now, for instance.  If your complaints fall on deaf ears (and Comcast's ears are deaf, I can assure you) you could go to that. It's much cheaper, too.

Contributor

That is correct in the markets they are testing this in, which are in the northeast.

Contributor

You are one of the victims here and you should complain loudly or else switch to DirecTV or one of the other skinny budles that has ID.

Contributor

I suspect this issue is seperate from the issue of ID and other channels disappearing in some northeast markets on account that make a change.

Contributor

Only recorse is to complain - or switch to a different provider who carries ID.

Contributor

This is a correct and detailed description of what Comcast is doing.  It's what happened to me too.

Contributor

Comcast has pulled ID and several other channels from subscribers in some northeast markets who changed their plan in any way.  They did this without warning.  They have been untruthfully telling people it's available in other packages - it is not.  They have untruthfully been blaming the networks involved saying they are "in negotiation" - they are not.  The only recourse to get ID back is to complain - or switch to a different provider like DirecTV Now that carries ID.

Contributor

Comcast wants to get rid of ID and is testing this idea in some markets to see if people complain or switch.  Those are your options.

Contributor

Comcast is not telling the truth.  Your options are complain and maybe they will bring it back - or switch out of Comcast to a service that carries it, like DirecTV Now or (I think) Sling.

Contributor

They told you half the truth.  The part about "renegotiated" is a lie.  Comcast has pulled ID and several other channels from subscribers in some northeast markets who changed their plan in any way.  They did this without warning.  They have been untruthfully telling people it's available in other packages - it is not.  They have untruthfully been blaming the networks involved saying they are "in negotiation" - they are not.  The only recourse to get ID back is to complain - or switch to a different provider like DirecTV Now that carries ID.

New Poster

They are removing it from anyone who makes a change in service in my area from what I am told. The CER flat out lied to me as did my service tech, who RECOMMENDED thta I upgrade to a new modem.

Contributor

This is correct.

Contributor

Re: What happended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

Yes.  At least they are telling you in advance!

Contributor

ID and several other channels were removed in northeast markets for people who made any changes to their service.  This is a test by Comcast to see if anyone notices or complains.  Some Comcast CRS's are giving out incorrect information about this.

Contributor

Comcast is not communicating accurately what they are doing.  ID and several other channels were removed in northeast markets for people who made any changes to their service.  This is a test by Comcast to see if anyone notices or complains.  

Contributor

Re: What Happened to Investigation Discovery (ID)

Not true.  They are under contract with Comcast, the company has said so publicly.  Please note tha same thing happened to Oxygen, a channel owned by Comcast itself.  This is not a contract issue.  This is Comcast trying to pull channels and see if anyone will notice or complain.

Contributor

Re: Investigation Discovery

ID and several other channels were removed in northeast markets for people who made any changes to their service.  This is a test by Comcast to see if anyone notices or complains.  Some Comcast CRS's are giving out incorrect information about this.

Contributor

This is correct.  Customer Service is passing along a lot of incorrect information, whether on purpose or not.

Contributor

That rep told you several lies.  This was not the result of any negotiation.  This was a unilateral move by Comcast to drop ID and several other channels in the Northeast to see if anyone will notice or complain.  If a rep tries to tell you that this was because those channels wouldn't negotiate,ask them about why Comcast dropped Oxygen, a channel it owns.

Contributor

Re: Investigation Discovery

Not moved.  Gone.  ID and several other channels were removed in northeast markets for people who made any changes to their service.  <edited for violating forum guidelines: 'inflammatory'>

Contributor

Correct except for the renewal of contract oart - they are under contract, they are obviously just not complying with it.

Contributor

Re: What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

This has nothing to do with a contract.  This is Comcast only.  Remember, Comcast is also unilaterally dropping Oxygen, a channel they own, and presumably do not have a contract with.

Contributor

I do not think this is a fair deal I recently moved and in the process was upgraded to a new package was told no change would take place and oops the best channel ID was taken out it is not a good deal in my book and no one knows if the ID is returning something is wrong with this picture we as customers of comcast for many years want ID back

Regular Visitor

• westalexandria: OK... WE GET IT !!    You can stop already... PLEASE.   Trying to read through this post and your rants every 2 minutes is frustrating.   Do you work for Direct TV ??
Expert

@esm54687 wrote:
  • westalexandria: OK... WE GET IT !!    You can stop already... PLEASE.   Trying to read through this post and your rants every 2 minutes is frustrating.  

@westalexandria replied to a number of posts, but failed to use the Quote feature when doing so. 

There is no need to be rude here.

Forum Guidelines

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@Again wrote:

@esm54687 wrote:
  • westalexandria: OK... WE GET IT !!    You can stop already... PLEASE.   Trying to read through this post and your rants every 2 minutes is frustrating.  

@westalexandria replied to a number of posts, but failed to use the Quote feature when doing so. 

There is no need to be rude here.

Forum Guidelines

For a supposed "expert" ...    Again, where is the rudeness in me pleading with someone not using copy \ paste dozens of times ??   on TWO separate threads by the way

Highlighted
New Poster

Don't do it! Don't give out personal information online.

New Poster

I still have ID,  but I have the old package.

Regular Visitor

Same thing happened to me and I am irate!  I called on Saturday when I kept getting an error message and was told that ID was in my package.  They tried refreshing to no avail.  Was told someone would contact me on Sunday.  No call.

I then tried online yesterday and was sent to Customer Service.  A really nice man told me that ID was not on my package and I should have been informed.   He said someone else from Customer Service would call me but no one has.

Contributor

I was told the same thing when I "upgraded" my service, "Oh yeah, you'll keep all the same channels that you have now." Then after plan switched I lost it and several other channels and then was told, "Oh, those channels are no longer available.", after being told nothing would change. Then of course the obligatory, "Oh you were misinformed, we apologize for the inconvenience, blah, blah, blah." Comcast are masters of deception. Unfortunately about the only options where I live are DirectTV or Comcast and I've had DirectTV and they're even worse than Comcast so I guess I'm stuck with them for now.
New Poster

Thank you for saying something....it was driving me crazy.  You were not rude.

Anyway, I called about changing my service in July, and thankfully asked if the ID channel was included.  The customer service rep was kind enough to tell me that if I wanted to keep the ID channel, I would have to stay with my current package....which I did.  ID is still available to me.  I do not understand what Comcast is thinking by doing this.  I wish the ID channel would come out and make a statement.  If I lose ID, I’m taking my business elsewhere. 

New Poster

I live in norristown I called Xfinity they said the I'd channel wetv is no more I always watch deadly women and David turtera when are these coming back there is no point in having Xfinity without these channels
Frequent Visitor

No ID channel really??????????

I cannot believe I upgraded my service and am paying more just to have my favorite channels lost (ID, TruTV, OWN, etc) with no way of getting them back because Comcast lost their contract with them.  Had I known I was going to lose these channels, I would have never upgraded... When I called to complain and ask for an explanation, I was nearly harassed by the rudest woman I have ever spoken to, who arrogantly explained that there was nothing she could do PERIOD.  She was in the same boat.  Talk about customer service.  I was on the fence about cutting the cord -- I think my decision is made.

Official Employee

Re: No ID channel really??????????

Hi, ccribb. I want to look into your situation. Thank you for posting. Can you please send me a private message? Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was lied to when I signed up. I was told I would have ALL channels with the triple play package. This is not true! I do not have the ID channel, Oxygen, WE TV and Tru TV. All
of which I was watching when with Verizon Fios. I am so disappointed because the sales rep lied to me in my face. Comcast is the WORST and their employees are rude and inconsiderate.
Tags (2)
Contributor

I too when I moved I was offered the triple package deal and I also was told I would not lose any channels but oops I did lose some one of my favorites the ID this is the best channel ever and I was told that it was some kind of dispute but not to worry it is in the process of being acted on but til this time it has not the Comcast people have not been rude and been very helpful but I am hoping and praying that ID is brought back

Regular Visitor

I live in an apartment community.  In our community room, one of my neighbors was watching ID.  I went back to my apartment, we don't have it.  The guy on the phone had the nerve to tell me it's because I have a NEWER PACKAGE.

REALLY?  I pay a whole lot more money and get way less channels.  SMH

Time to write to the CEO.

New Poster

I agree..ID is one of my favorite channels and one of the reasons I upgraded my package. I think it's time to cut the cord and switch to DirecTV.
New Poster

same here i have lost the channel, what is going on??

Regular Visitor

Does anyone have the phone number or email address for the CEO or HQ?   I am sooo irate with the way Comcast has lied to me.  They CALLED me about upgrading - I did not call them.   I was assured I would not lose any channels.   I have lost at least 6 but losing ID infuriates me.   I would NEVER have switched.  Since that time I have spoken to 2 different reps who told me someone higher up would call me - never happened.   I then called and asked for a supervisor who was useless - she told me there is no way I will get ID back.  Can't have my old package back, can't pay more just to get ID.  When I asked her for the contact info at Corporate she told me to "Google It".

I then had a lengthy Twitter DM with Comcast Cares who at first told me that I should be able to get the channels but an hour later took that back. 

I have been a loyal customer for many years and pay them a fortune.  It's appalling the way we are being lied to and treated.

Who else can we complain to?

Just signed up to Philo to watch it via streaming.  

Contributor

I was told the same I have recently moved was offered triple play and I have lost several channels I do not care about the rest but the ID that is very upsetting the best channel ever and I told that Comcast and the Discovery channels are having a dispute and we should be getting it back when one never knows but I am hoping it happens soon

Contributor

Just having trouble trying to figure out why Comcast, the largest cable provider in the country, would even think of dropping ID since it's one of the more popular channels out there. All about money I guess, just like everything else.
Official Employee

Hello, everyone - 

Thank you for your feedback regarding the ID channel. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

You can view your local channel lineups here after logging in. You can also submit your feedback here

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

ComcastAlly,
I attempted to send feedback on the channel lineup through the link you provided in your comment but unfortunately it did not work. (See attached screenshots). Please provide an updated link so customers can request certain channels be reinstated.
Screenshot_20180919-004943.png
Screenshot_20180919-004650.png
Screenshot_20180919-005000.png