Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

New Poster

Re: What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

I was just told COMCAST " can't afford it! The Discovery Network (which I have on Verizon Fios!) They wanted 40% more. Believe me Comcasr will Cave! After lossing thousands of Customers !
New Poster

Sometime in  September all Comcast/Xfinity customers Will lose the Investigation Discovery channel.  The two entities were unable to come to an agreement so when the current contract ends people who have older packages that still show investigation discovery will lose the channel.  For reasons unknown to me Comcast/Xfinity is not making this public. I only know this because I upgraded to a new package and when I could no longer watch investigation discovery I called and was  told all new packages no longer had this channel along with four others. When I complained they said I would've lost it in September anyway. That is the story I got directly from a supervisor.  I am hoping that there is a large backlash when everyone loses the channel in September and both Comcast and investigation discovery return to the negotiating table. 

New Poster

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

I was also told that as of September the channel will be lost to all Comcast customers. I now feel that we are being deceived. I know I was deceived when they didn't tell me I would be losing investigation discovery when I upgraded to a new package. I now find that they are doing this to everyone. They are actually out and out telling people they will still have the channel and then when the new service goes into a fact effect. channel is gone. I was told they were not able to come to an agreement on a new contract with the parent company of Investigation Discovery. And that as of September everybody will lose the channel. I know question this. I will be contacting corporate. I will also be contacting the parent company of Investigation Discovery to try to get to the bottom of what is really going on. I will also be contacting my City's Representatives who allowed Comcast to come into my city. I will also go to the Press if need be
Highlighted
New Poster

No ID channel?

I just upgraded my service, and was told I would be getting more channels, not less.  Once I realized I could not get the ID channel, I chatted with an agent.  One of which told me to wait for the upgrade to be complete, one said I would get a call from the technical team the next day.  I have been told 3 times that the upgrade would be complete at end of day.  However, when I asked what does end of day mean, because I am in the Eastern time zone, so my end of day is probably different than yours, I never got an answer.  I am now reading that ID, OWN, and a few other channels are gone for good.  If so, why did the agents I spoke with tonight tell me that those channels are still available with my service??  If they are not, why waste everyones time with lies?  If they are gone for good, then I am afraid I will have to cancel all my services with Xfinity, and get my services with another company.

Regular Visitor

Re: No ID channel?

I live in the Northeast. I downgraded my package because of cost. They said there was no more ID investigation,WE,Oxygen, Tru and some others. Also they put some lower tier channels like 43 TMC and 60 TV Land in higher tier packages
Gold Problem Solver

Re: No ID channel?

@Fizzycrow02 wrote: ... I am now reading that ID, OWN, and a few other channels are gone for good. ...

Employee ComcastTeds has posted that, in some areas, Comcast has made the bizarre decision to include ID channel and several others in Digital Starter only (don't know about OWN).  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/TruTv/m-p/3109233#M94783 says:

In many areas, there are 6 channels that are not in any of the bundle packages. They are specific to Digital Starter only and one cannot get them in any of the "above" packages either (Digital Preferred, etc).

They are ID (investigation Discovery), Oxygen, TruTV, UP, WE, and WGN. These channels are only available only with the Digital Starter package.

Frequent Visitor

Re Investigation Discovery, Tru TV, and other

Same old Story.  No more of these channels even in the digital starter or econmy starter package.  They have been discontinued because negotiations could not be met between Comcast and the provider of these channel.  It was said "they would not play ball with Comcast!"  If you truly love these stations as I did keep them and forego an upgrade.  You cannot get them back.  Those who keep what they have are grandfathered into these channels.  What a disappointing act.  At some point I will leave this company and go into something different.  Lots of providers will pay your "quitting fee."  Will keep the search on.

Frequent Visitor

No more!!!  Kiss 'em goodbye.  No negotiations.  Between the two companies.  How sad with the money we pay.  I'm looking to get out.  I would go to FIOS in a heartbeat if it were available in my area.  

Frequent Visitor

True!  Negotiations could not be met between the two of them.  A shame.

Frequent Visitor

No longer available in starter packages.  No negotiations met.

New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery

not available at all

New Poster

same here, comcast pulling the old bait and switch when you change your package.

They are liars.

I have no choice, but to go back to dish.

Dish offers the id channel, in their starter 35 dollar package.

truly comcast is a worthless company

New Poster

Unfortunately it has not moved to a higher service package or any package for that matter. After being on the phone with Comcast for quite a while I was finally told that in fact it was not available at all and they suggested that I try and stream it through YouTube or another service.

If you look up ID channel it still says that Comcast carries it today (8-25-2018)
Regular Visitor

I just had the same thing happen. The only way to keep them is to keep your current package (if you have them) because you are grandfathered in. My package went up $26. I have had it with COMCAST.

Regular Visitor

I was just told it is no longer available unless you are grandfathered into a current package that has it.

Frequent Visitor

They use the the term loosely! If we're grandfathered in, our bundle price would stay the same!!
They're blackmailing all of us who love ID into paying an additional $30 month!
My bundle price expires 9/1. If I change my bundle I lose ID, WE, Oxygen, etc. If I keep my bundle my bill goes up $30 and I get to keep those channels! Grandfathered my rear end!
The Rep kept saying they no longer contract with those channels, I said that's just a lie you're telling customers! You still contract with them, I just can't get them unless I keep my existing bundle for an extra $30 a month! She had no choice but to admit that was true!
They're playing games with customers over one of the most popular channels in the United States?? This makes no sense! Especially for customers who upgraded but now can't get that channel back no matter what?!
Do they really think people are going to stay with them after losing these three big channels?? I watch ID 24/7! Bye-bye Xfinity!!
Oh wait---UNLESS...those three channels are going to roll out their own monthly service like Netflix, Hulu, etc...?!!.
If that is what they're doing, how much money do they think the average American has these days to pay for all these separate services??
I quit!! I've had it with all of them!! Time to start reading books again! LoL!!
Frequent Visitor

I'm curious. If negotiations failed wouldn't that affect the channel itself? ID didn't contact our bundles, why wouldn't it stop being available the minute their contract with Comcast expired? Or the minute our bundle rate expired? Instead, the channel is available if we pay the extra $25-30 charge??
Kinda sounds to me like Comcast is banking on the fact that most people won't want to pay the extra fees associated with getting a new cable provider.
I could be very wrong!! But it just sounds like a racket to me...
New Poster

I am throroughly disgusted with this sham of a company. It is time to look into a class-action lawsuit.

I switched to the "Digital Triple Play" package earlier this summer, after being promised by customer service reps that I would keep all of my current channels. I am now renting a modem from Comcast to support the increase in Internet speed, so my bill has also increased roughly 11-12 dollars per month. But I justified this because I thought I would I keep all my current tv channels, and get higher speed Internet, plus Netflix.

Anyway, I only realized I lost the ID channel after trying to DVR a show the other night. I was able to set a DVR recording, however I only realized I lost the channel when I actually went to it...after my recording never happened and I wasn't even warned about this. Weren't channels not included in a TV package highlited a different color in the guide in the past? It seems like Comcast has quietly removed these channels, without trying to cause a stir.

And if Comcast is "negotiating" a contract with ID Network, then why doesn't the screen message say so? I call BS...Comcast isn't negotiating anything.

It reminds me of the similar Comcast sham with TIVO within the last year, where DVR recording capaibilities were no longer available away from your home (supposedly Comcast is involved in a lawsuit with TIVO over the techonlogy that allows a user to dvr shows from an app while away from home).

I am so tired of losing the few programming channels I care about, and spending all of this money per month on plenty of garbage channels. I just want to watch (and dvr) the few shows I enjoy in a channel lineup of things I could care less about. To lose one of my favorite channels after being promised otherwise is not acceptable.

It shouldn't require this much hassle, money, and aggrevation in 2018 to watch TV!

Frequent Visitor

Can't afford it?? With what they charge?? It would seem to me they can't afford NOT to have ID!! They didn't even tell me I'll be losing ID in September! If they think I'm staying with them without that channel they're out of their minds!! I'm disabled/homebound, this is my only form of entertainment! I refuse to pay their outrageous prices and not have my favorite channels!! No way, no how!! You've finally gone too far Comcast!!
New Poster

Just happened to us yesterday! Upgraded from Digital Starter to Digital Preferred and lost ID!
We want it back!
Tags (1)
New Poster

I am in the Pittsburgh area as well and I'm highly upset about this. The girl did NOT tell me I would lose this channel and I tried to cancel as well and was told the same thing. I feel DUPED
Frequent Visitor

You and me both my friend!! Duped indeed!!
New Poster

Just a

@Ruger_357 wrote:
On new packages these channels are gone from all lineups. June 20, removed from all old packages as well. Very unfortunate

Just another reason to cut the cord... 

New Poster

Just another reason to cut the cord.... I just got Dish for $70 bucks a month gaurranted for 2 years.  The carry the ID channel.  It's almost $100 a month less than I was paying Comcast.   

@Katie4_1 wrote:
What did Comcast release the ID channel?? Also released Oxygen WE and TruTV??

@Katie4_1 wrote:
What did Comcast release the ID channel?? Also released Oxygen WE and TruTV??

New Poster

No I have one of the highest packages in NH and I do not have it
Regular Visitor

I am grandfathered in for ID and the other channels but my bill just went up 27 more dollars and I can do nothing about it without losing Id. I am paying Comcast 287 a month now. Ridiculous
New Poster

I have signature package 219+ channels i was told my channels would only improve im in baltimore md where is ivestigation discovery it tells me i have to subscribe now?! 

Frequent Visitor

I'd LOVE to get Dish! Had it years ago and loved it! Or maybe it was DirecTV? Either way, their prices are great and well worth the switch!!
Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to have it where I live now... I would've left Comcast years ago if I could have a dish again!
Regular Visitor

The very same thing happened to me relentlessone. At least I was told I would lose ID and the other four channels. So I kept my old package and am paying 26 more also. Total now - 278 unbelievable. I live in Baltimore and they have a strangle hold here.
Regular Visitor

Yes all the above channels were discontinued by comcast. They said that they had no contracts with them. I was told that when I down grade my triple play package.
New Poster

if the channel was completely gone, why is it still listed on the guide? there is something going on they wont tell us.

New Poster

I wonder if this is why you can no longer stream with the IDGo app? Technically, I still have ID as part of my plan... I can watch the channel and everything, but recently I tried to activate the IDGo app and while it says the activation is successful, if I try to stream any content, I get an error that says that my "Xfinity settings do not allow this content." Whatever that means... *shrug* If I can watch it, I ought to also be able to activate with my provider and stream it. But if Comcast is going to be getting rid of investigation discovery as this thread seems to indicate, perhaps this is why? The streaming services are beginning to look more and more appealing... Smiley Happy

Contributor

Investigation Discovery has been dropped without warning in many markets for any customer who made any change in their service.  I am one of those customers.  It is not available to me at any price.  Complain and it might come back.

Contributor

It is true for anyone in several big markets who made any change in their service.  Comcast is not being truthful with you.

Contributor

Comcast Zach you are not telling the truth.  Investigation Discovery has been dropped without warning in many markets for any customer who made any change in their service.  I am one of those customers.  It is not available to me at any price.  Tell your customers the truth please.

Contributor

Comcast is not telling you the truth.  Pittsburgh is indeed one of the markets where Comcast is pulling ID and several other channels without warning from people who many any change to their service.  There are no negotiations, they are just testing viewers to see who will complain.

Contributor

Same happened to me.  The answer is they lied to us both.  ID now no longer available at any price in certain markets mostly in the Northeast.  Complaining might work, but lets face it, this is Comcast.

Contributor

The channels pulled are Investigation Discovery, Oxygen, WGN, TruTV and a few others.  Comcast is not being truthful about this.

Contributor

The third agent is the closest thing to telling the truth I have head of.  Comcast is test-dropping ID and several other channels in markets in the Northeast for anyone who makes even a small change in service.  It is a test to see who will complain.  If no one complains, the channels go away. 

Contributor

Comcast is not telling the truth.  Investigation Discovery has been dropped without warning in many markets for any customer who made any change in their service.  I am one of those customers.  It is not available to me at any price.   And when they say it was the channel that dropped Comcast - that is a lie.  One of the Channels dropped (Oxygen) is owned by Comcast themselves.  So the "negotiations broke down" story is provably false.  Your only recourse is to complain.

Contributor

ComcastChe please tell this customer the full story, and not in private mode.  Investigation Discovery has been dropped without warning in many markets for any customer who made any change in their service.  I am one of those customers.  It is not available to me at any price.  Tell your customers the truth please.

Contributor

This is correct and Comcast is not telling the truth about why.  It is a test to see if anyone notices or complains.

Contributor

Comcast is not telling the truth.  Investigation Discovery has been dropped without warning in many markets for any customer who made any change in their service.  I am one of those customers.  It is not available to me at any price.  Your only recourse is to complain.  I'm trying to get the word out to as many customers as possible!

Contributor

Comcast is not telling the truth.  Investigation Discovery has been dropped without warning in many markets for any customer who made any change in their service.  Your only recourse is to complain.

Contributor

Re: What Happened to Investigation Discovery (ID)

The person on the phone lied to you.  There are no negotiations. Investigation Discovery has been dropped without warning in many markets for any customer who made any change in their service.  Your only recourse is to complain.

Contributor

Re: What Happened to Investigation Discovery (ID)

It's because they are only doing it in some markets and not others.  And if you do not change your service in any way they probably won't pull the channel.  But if you make any change at all it goes away, despite assuring you (as they did me) that "your channel lineup will not be affected."  The technical term for that is "lying."

Contributor

That is correct and they are not coming back unless people complain.  And maybe not even then.

Contributor

That comcast supervisor is not telling the truth.  There are no "negotiations" they just dropped those channels.  For example - how are those negotiations between Comcast and dropped channel Oxygen going?  Because Comcast owns Oxygen, those negotiations *should* be going well, you'd think.

Contributor

Both.

Contributor

They are only doing it in some markets, and only for people who make a change to their service.