Community Forum

What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

Regular Visitor

Re: What appended to Investigation Discovery (ID)

Keep calling Comcast, I had the same experience. When Comcast called and sold me the upgrade I was not informed that I would lose any channels. Had I known, I never would have agreed. So I just kept calling them, finally got a person who knew what was going on and I got my channels back today!! They tried every excuse in the book not to do it but I think they’ve been getting lots of grief. Especially when their salesmen are not telling us we will lose channels. Don’t give up, keep trying, ask for a supervisor, etc.
Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same boat. Upgraded to Super Triple Play lost ID and WE (XRE 03121 on both channels). ID is my favorite channel so I'm a little bummed right now. The funny part is that ID still works perfectly fine on the web using xstream or on my tablet with the xfinity tv go app. 

Regular Visitor

did you get the Investigation Discovery (ID) too? 

Regular Visitor

Yes.  That was my main goal, but I got the other ones back as well.  Like I said, just keep on them.  You are the customer, they need to respond.  It doesn’t hurt to complain to your city cable office either, they are paid to protect the consumer and be a watchdog on the cable companies.  Don’t give up!

Regular Visitor

great, good for you. I enjoy the ID channel too. Can I ask, what's your zip code?

Thanks

New Poster

I just want my ID back! We moved to Bedford county and now I can't watch it. I'm seriously in withdrawal
Frequent Visitor

I am extremely dissatisfied that I lost my ID Investigation Discovery Channel (909).  Is this program ever going to be part of my new upgraded package?  What a shame as so many people I know love this channnel.  Why oh why did Comcast drop it!!!  Reading there is a demand of it.  YouTube is a terrible option as the shows are blurry.  So I don't bother.  

Any answers Comcast????

Frequent Visitor

according to Comcast the answer is "no"

Frequent Visitor

No longer being offered.  I am disgusted with this.

Frequent Visitor

New packages no longer offer it.  Starter packs are grandfathered in.  What a shame huh!!

New Poster

That is not true. They are not offered anymore. Check your information
Frequent Visitor

No longer uder contract with Comcast.

New Poster

They dropped it on any packages bought after May. The only way I was going to change is if they offered ID Channel and I was told “absolutely”. They were wrong.
Frequent Visitor

Re: What Happened to Investigation Discovery (ID)

No longer under Contract with Comcast.  Let's keep complaining and maybe it will come back.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Happened to Investigation Discovery (ID)

True!  No longer under contract.  Grandfathered in with old starter packages.

New Poster

It’s all BS. I was totaled conned on this deal and now find out there are three other channels I watched no longer available.
New Poster

They are not coming back.
Frequent Visitor

If they are under old started pkg. they are grandfathered in.  Otherwise kiss it goodbye.  Keep complaining and maybe we'll get it back!!

New Poster

I watched ID for years on Verizon and Comcast salesman came by and gave me a deal that really ended up being about the same as Verizon but there was a few things I liked about Comcast. He told me I would get the ID channel plus discovery and a few other channels that I watched. I don’t get them and they did not re-negotiate with the ID channel and it will not be available anytime in the near future. You only get them if you subscribed before May and they are grandfathered in. Very disappointing
New Poster

You will find you lost more than that. Try TV, WE, Oxygen etc...
Very disappointing and misleading.
Frequent Visitor

You are right on all counts.

New Poster

What package do you have?
Frequent Visitor

It is a new pkg with triple play.  I have no idea.  I keep calling with questions and changes.  All I know is that I was told I can get it on YouTube.  Don't bother!!  all old and fuzzy distorted (no HD) shows.  It stinks.  Now I just watch HLN with forensic files.

Regular Visitor

My zip code is 20003

Highlighted
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Why can’t I get ID????? This makes me so upset! It is the only channel I watch...
New Poster

We have the highest HD pkg in the Delaware market and when I called to inquire why we couldn't get ID, WE, TRU & OXY they said they were part of the digital starter pkg and to get them in our pkg would cost us an additional $67 monthly.  No thank you Xfinity, this makes zero sense.

New Poster

Totally Agree!

New Poster

Same
New Poster

I was NEVER told I was LOSING channels when I "upgraded " or I would have NEVER switch to the plan we got 2 days ago. I haven't ever had an issue with Xfinity and this was done so underhandeledly.someone was supposed to get back to me by 9pm tonight. No call, so I called. I was supposed to get an answer from a higher up about this problem. Bad business not telling people they are losing channels. I'll be calling again tomorrow.
New Poster

I’m in Pittsburgh area and these channels aren’t working. I’m really disappointed and wouldn’t have come back had I known ID wouldn’t be available.
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. They never told me I would lose certain channels. I called today, someone was supposed to get back to me and never did. I called them, and the area I needed to speak with was closed. I'm hoping they give them back, or I will have to drop everything with them, and go somewhere else that Carrie's those channels.
New Poster

They told me today they are still offered, just not in my plan. They didnt tell me when I upgraded that I would lose them. I found out today, when I tried to watch.
Contributor

Not true, ID not available on any channel lineup if you have TV + Internet.   I have to drop internet service to get ID??

Contributor

Exact same experience, and Comcast is not telling the truth.   They said my channels would not be affected.

Contributor

Six channels have been dropped by Comcast - ID, Oxygen, WGN, We, Up, TruTV.  It is not a contract issue, Comcast is not telling the truth.  Those 6 channels are owned by different companies - and Oxygen is owned by.... Comcast!  Comcast had a negotiation breakdown with... Comcast?  This is a test to see if the viewers notice.  Keep this forum going and they will notice.

New Poster

Just discovered earlier that DIRECTV has this channel included in their basic lineup which is only $35/month for the first year!!!  

Frequent Visitor

Exact same thing with me. Had the representative told me I would be losing ID, Oxygen & WGN, I would never have changed my plan. I called back after a few days of ID withdrawal, I called back and another representative told me this totally unbelievable story when I asked how to get those channels back: The only way I could get these channels was if I purchased my internet, cable and landline seperately, in other words, I would lose my bundle discount, in essence an additional $120.00 per month. I asked her to reiterate what she just told me, to make sure I heard correctly. I said thanks but no thanks and hung up. That makes ZERO sense to me. What would not bundling have anything to do with a handful of stations that were removed without my knowledge. Anyone else get this ludicrous explanation? Has anyone been able to re-add those channels without losing their bundling discount. Thanks in advance.
New Poster

I still have it as well as oxygen, we..but they locked me up by almost $30 a month..$212 monthly so going to cancel soon.
New Poster

Re: What happend to Investigation Discovery (ID)?

I still have it but they increased my bill by almost $30 a month and told me if I cancel and then come back later it will no longer be available. I am cancelling anyway because paying close to almost $212 a month after being faithful customer for a long time is just no longer acceptable to me..plus their on demand very poor quality..
New Poster

Joe from comcast.  Those used to be the channels.  are still may be for old customers, but my father in law passed away and I put the account in my name and Upgraded.  ta da - no more of the shows that I actually watch.  

Regular Contributor

I could understand if Comcast were dropping these channels totally, but to just drop them if you upgrade your package is ridiculous. 

New Poster

I just spoke with customer service.  The plan is to drop the six (6) channels within the next few weeks.  So, those who haven't changed plans or those who have but watching on-line, you will no longer have them. 

I asked what are you replacing them with.  He tried telling me that they recently added the Paramount Network; however, that isn't true.  The Paramount Network was Spike TV; it was just renamed at the beginning of the year.

So, essentially, we're losing six (6) channels without replacements.  Very disappointing.  Once my current bundle packaged expires, I highly doubt I'm going to sign-up for a new one.

Frequent Visitor

I wouldn’t take anything that someone from customer Service says as gospel. If you go back through this thread, you’ll see other posts months ago saying the same thing -  that these channels are going to be dropped and yet they are still around. Personally, I think that is total garbage as these channels are pretty common staple offerings for any standard cable system package.  

Frequent Visitor

Had a chat with a decent Comcast rep in an attempt to lower my fee as my promotional package had experired along with a significant price jump..  He said Comcast is trying to get away from these promotional packages and just offer regular packages at a steady price that is not time limited.  In their attempt to reneogitate prices with the channel providers, those six channels  refused to budge so they are no longer offering them on the new packages.  If you're in an old package, they will still be included - for now.  Bottom line, I'm paying about $15 more a month to keep those channels then if I would have switched to a different package.

Frequent Visitor

I am totally disgusted with this choice.  I was changing phone  and internet service and then got into this upgrade.  If I had known I was losing my favorite channels I would have stayed put.  Unfortuneatly I cannot get Fios.  If I could this would not be my choice of cable.  

New Poster

Re: Investigation Discovery

Me too so aggravating
Valued Contributor

Re: Investigation Discovery

@Jjones22 wrote:
Why can’t I get ID????? This makes me so upset! It is the only channel I watch...

The channel has most likely moved to a higher TV Service package.

New Poster

WE LOST THE SAME CHANNELS everyone else did when we upgraded to the super triple play.

only upside is we have the new 1 gig wifi and we also gained the Movie channel.

New Poster

I spoke with the Xfinity Corporate Office a few minutes ago. The ID Channel  is not going to be carried by Xfinity any longer! Period! No matter what level you have. They are not renewing the contract! And, I told them I will switch to another company!

Regular Visitor

Katie,

I just downgraded my bundle and they told me they no longer have contracts with WE Tru Oxygen

and ID. I live in central NJ.