Community Forum

What Happened to GETTV

New Poster

What Happened to GETTV

What happened to my GETTV. I was loving the programs they were showing. Had the DVR set to record all of the program....and then poof....it's gone and replaced with Aentenna TV. Andy Williams, Perry Como, Bing Crosby Christmas shows were fantastic. I WANT MY GET TV BACK!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What Happened to GETTV

Get TV is a broadcast network. Comcast simply passes on what your local broadcast channel carries. Where are you located? Do you know the station that was carrying it? (you should see station ID's every once in awhile.)

It's possible that local station changed from Get TV to AntennaTV. You may need to contact them.

New Poster

I too was enjoying all the old Christmas shows and was looking forward to taping Oliver, then poof while watching GetTV on 12/28/15, it suddenly switched to Antenna TV.  I have not been able to find GetTV on any other station.  Sad I was really enjoying the programming.

Visitor

my GET TV now says "comet." it's too bad it went away. i was liking my merv griffin shows.

Problem Solver

Hello normadesmond,

From time to time broadcasters will decide to change their programming. Broadcasters can change the content on their stations at their discretion. They may also change its content without prior notice to Comcast. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Visitor

yes, i understand.

New Poster

Will Xfinity be able to bring getTV back?

Silver Problem Solver

Since it's a broadcast network, one of your local stations must carry it, then have an agreement with Comcast to pass it on.

New Poster

All the responses talk about it leaving the broadcasting area. But it's still around if you use an antenna and converter box  (I think it's channel 66.2 in the chicagoland area  It's channel 373 on DISH)  Yet it's not on Comcast's lineup   -- or at least not in the Guide.

Please bring it back, comcast!   Please actually look into bringing it back, not just give another dismissive reply to this thread without taking time and care to check the feasibility of it?

New Poster

This was one of the better TV stations and I am disgusted that you suddenly took it away -- no blood and guts, just wholesome, family-oriented entertainment -- WHY? don't you at Comcast (Xfinity, whatever) care about family values?  We pay a premium price to watch your darned high-cost TV stations, and not everyone likes the terror that is today's norm. The murder, unwanted sexual contact (Not allowed to use the r word here -- they won't post it!) and mayhem and terrible violence on most shows today -- or the overt sexual connotations -- are appaling to me.  PLEASE  bring back GET TV!!  Since when is the r word a 'bad word?"  It is the same as murder in that it is factual-- r really happens - it is forceful, unwanted sexual contact --  --the r word is not a vulgar nor swearing word -- and you seem to have no problem with presenting it visually in your programming!  It brings in the dollars!  You just don't say it, is that right?  Disgusting!!  And you did not want me to post this because I used the r word! 

Silver Problem Solver

As mentioned, GetTV is a BROADCAST network carried by a local TV station. If they drop it, then Comcast cannot do anything as they just pass it on.

Official Employee

Hello Myrbna. As stated previously in this thread, from time to time broadcasters will decide to change their programming. Broadcasters can change the content on their stations at their discretion. They may also change its content without prior notice to Comcast.