Community Forum

What Channel is the SEC Network

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

What channel(s) will it be on for zip 30075?

Official Employee

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

What channel will it be in Houston (77041)?

Thanks in advance.

Channel 140 and in HD on channel 715.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I don't mean to be rude, but I've been on hold with Comcast customer service for over an hour.  I spent considerable time searching your website last night and the forums this morning trying to get an answer.  I've checked my channel giude and it still doesn't show the channel listed.  It's been 45 minutes since I posed this question here and still no response.  I didn't put any pressure to get an answer when the SECN deal was struck because I understood it may take some time to work out the details and communicate them to your customers.  But the network airs in two days (as the recorded message in my ear keeps reminding me every two minutes) and I still don't have an answer.  Why is this so difficult?

I'm fairly low maintenance but this situation hasn't been handled well.

Apologies. Channel 140 and in HD on channel 715.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I don't mean to be rude, but I've been on hold with Comcast customer service for over an hour.  I spent considerable time searching your website last night and the forums this morning trying to get an answer.  I've checked my channel giude and it still doesn't show the channel listed.  It's been 45 minutes since I posed this question here and still no response.  I didn't put any pressure to get an answer when the SECN deal was struck because I understood it may take some time to work out the details and communicate them to your customers.  But the network airs in two days (as the recorded message in my ear keeps reminding me every two minutes) and I still don't have an answer.  Why is this so difficult?

I'm fairly low maintenance but this situation hasn't been handled well.

I've now been on hold for one and half hours with customer service.  No response here either.  I am really looking forward to taking the customer survey after my call ends.

Channel 140 and in HD on channel 715.  Apologies for any delay. 

Official Employee

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

I finally made it through to customer service.  "Jamal" seemed very nice but wasn't real clear on what the SEC Network is.  Once I explained it to him he seemed eager to look up the answer.  Then the call dropped -- from my Comcast home phone line.

And still no answer from Ted.  I'm not feeling hte love.

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network

randgroves wrote:

When will we know what channel the SEC Network will be on beginning this coming Thursday?  I am in Central NJ, Middlesex County.

The SEC Network is scheduled to be available in NJ on August 21. I don't yet have a channel number to provide for your area. Thanks for your patience.  

New Poster

Do you have the SEC Network channel # for Springfield, MA, 01119 in HD?

August 21st launch in this area from what I've read, yes?

TIA

New Poster

Re: SEC Network

thank you

Regular Visitor

What about the HD number for Memphis (38119?)

New Poster

Fort Lauderdale, Florida?

New Poster

comcast Ted says SEC network HD will be on 262 in Augusta (Evans) Ga. That is currently ESPNU. Where will ESPNU now reside? Thanks

Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds wrote:

dwilliams62_hou wrote:

I finally made it through to customer service.  "Jamal" seemed very nice but wasn't real clear on what the SEC Network is.  Once I explained it to him he seemed eager to look up the answer.  Then the call dropped -- from my Comcast home phone line.

And still no answer from Ted.  I'm not feeling hte love.

Thank you.

New Poster

I am curious as to why folks are up in arms over what the channel number is? They are not on the air yet, first football game is over 2 weeks away...it will be on the guide...Finebomb is not worth watching....what gives?
New Poster

Please provide SD and HD channels for the SEC Network in Marietta, GA (30068).  Thanks in advance.

Can you also provide them for Clemson, SC?

Frequent Visitor

I'm sure some people would like to set their dvr's to record shows, know I would. But the channel is not yet listed on the guide.
Frequent Visitor

If it won't be availabile it Pittsburgh till August 21st, can I still watch the channel via the WATCH ESPN app on August 14th?
Regular Visitor

Because there's a lot of great programming leading up to KO.

Regular Visitor

Would really like some info - 20109.

New Poster

SEC Network in Little Rock, AR 72223

What will be the HD and SD channel for the SEC Network in Little Rock, AR 72223?  A customer serice rep told me today that he though it would be 739 but did not know if that was SD or HD.  He thought SD but did not know a number for HD.

Also, will we be able to see programming which now begins on 8/14/2014?  That is 2 days folks and still no channel announcement.  Comcast Xfinity is getting hammered by not releasing this information.  All dishes and uverse are advertising theirs.

New Poster

I was told by customer service rep today by phone it would be 739 but who knows

Frequent Visitor

I figured it would be between 637 and 640. (638)

While I wish it would have been put in the vicinity of the other ESPN channels, I'm just happy they've got it.

Is there a way they could move the NFL Network from 418 to 639 so that we have all the HD sports channels in one group?

New Poster

What channel(s) in Baltimore, MD (21239)? I have the digital starter package. Will I have to switch to digital preferred?
New Poster

Nashville 37211
1738 isn't even on my menu
New Poster

What channel will it be in the West Palm Area

New Poster

What about Atlanta?

New Poster

What channel will it be on in Rockwood, Tennessee (37854)
New Poster

I'm in a small town in California called Arnold 95223, can you tell me if I will get the sec network and which channel. Thank you.
New Poster

@ComcastTeds, what channel will the SEC Network be for the zip code 37716 in Clinton,TN?
New Poster

Will the SECN be a free channel, included in a package (What package) or PPV? What is the cost?

New Poster

What channel in panama city 32404?

Frequent Visitor

What channel numbers will the SD and HD be broadcast on in Huntsville, Alabama?

Regular Visitor

decaturcock wrote:

What about Atlanta?

Per Ted, it'll be on either 281 or 300 SD and 795 HD.  Hope this helps.    Go Gamecocks (Comcast forced me to add "Game," as they think the last 5 letters by themselves constitutes a bad word).

I wonder if there will be more total USC baseball games televised this coming season over last, i.e., will the Fox Sports Channels still carry lots of SEC (USC) baseball as they've done for the past few years, or will all that merely transition over to SECN?  Guess we'll find out in March 2015.

Regular Visitor

Also looking for channel location in the 30101 area---Dallas Digital line up----thx

Expert

FWIW, folks, ComcastTeds has no obligation to look up each request for channels.  His participation in these forums is strictly voluntary, and he does so only when he has no other obligations in his work day.

I think it safe to say we're all waiting anxiously for the debut of SECN and want to know what channel it will premier on.  Actually, we're all chomping on the bit for the information.

So, please be patient - and NOT demanding.  Watch your channel lineup, especially in the ESPN area of the Guide.  And scroll back through this thread to see if your area has been responded to by ComcastTeds.

And I think we ALL need to give a hearty thanks to ComcastTeds for all of the help he has given us over the last few months.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

In Zip Code 55306 in MN.  Would like to know what channel SEC Network will be shown on in HD and if it will be under Digital Starter or Digital Preferred? Also, is the only way to get ESPNU is to have the digital preferred package? And what is the broadcast start date for my zip code?

Thank you.

New Poster

What channels for Mt Pleasant, SC 29464 & 29466? Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Channel for Corinth, MS 38834 please.

New Poster

Sec network channel

Live in northeast PA and no one can tell me what channel it will bo on or when please help
New Poster

what channel for Snellville GA  30078?

New Poster

What channel for the SEC network for zip 39047?

thanks.

New Poster

channel listing for 99016??  -Liberty Lake, WA

Official Employee
Moved:

SEC Network Channel number in Fort Myers

Frequent Visitor

Was that be "Jamal" who is on Tyrant on FX??

Frequent Visitor

What channel is the SEC Network on in the Fort Myers, Florida (33901) area?  Much thanks for the info.

Frequent Visitor

What channel is the SEC Network for Huntsville Alabama? .........Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

What is the HD channel #?

Regular Visitor

What channel for SEC network in paducah, ky 42001?

New Poster

Wondering what channel the SEC Network will be on in NJ, Zip code 08060? Also I have been hearing that the network is not going to be avalible in NJ until August 21st. If this is true, what is the reaso for the different release dates?

New Poster

I still haven't found anything for the Hattiesburg, MS area as to what channels it will be.

New Poster

You know, the cards are not going to play on this channel!