Community Forum

What Channel is the SEC Network

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

I will try that when I get home...thanks!!

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Beernuts66 wrote:

I am in 19001, outside of Philly also (willow Grove service and X1 customer)...nothing available and nothing showing up on the listings or the apps.

the channel numbers do not exist in the lineup

For your area of Abington, should be available now on channel 711 and in HD on channel 864. Have you tried to reset your X1 cable box (unplug the power cable and then replug)?

The network was added in your area this morning. It can take up to 24 hours for the proper authorizations and new listings to flow to the app. 

Thanks for your patience.  

Frequent Visitor

SEC Network

What channel is the SEC Network on in Panama City Beach Florida 32408?

New Poster

What channel will it be broadcast in 21043?

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network

@joevill3 wrote:

What channel is the SEC Network on in Panama City Beach Florida 32408?

Channel 740 and in HD on channel 486.  Thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@volinmd wrote:

Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913, available now. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@volinmd wrote:

Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913, available now. 

Found it, thanks!

Frequent Visitor

When and what channel will with the SEC network be on in the Harrisonburg, VA market?

Thanks,

Chuck

Official Employee

@crarbo1 wrote:

When and what channel will with the SEC network be on in the Harrisonburg, VA market?

Thanks,

Chuck

Available now.  

To quickly locate the SEC Network using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide:

Press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD.

Frequent Visitor

I don't have a comcast cable box but a home built PVR.  I get my listing from Zap2it, but it hasn't been updated yet with the channel number for SD or HD.  Could you provide me with that information so I can manually tune it for now?

Thanks,
Chuck

New Poster

What channel in Lancaster PA 17601
Official Employee

@crarbo1 wrote:

I don't have a comcast cable box but a home built PVR.  I get my listing from Zap2it, but it hasn't been updated yet with the channel number for SD or HD.  Could you provide me with that information so I can manually tune it for now?

Thanks,
Chuck

Ch. 710 and in HD on ch. 913. 

Official Employee

@X1platform75 wrote:
What channel in Lancaster PA 17601

Ch. 711 and in HD on ch. 864. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks!!

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

SEC Network not coming through in zip code 17603.  It shows up On Demand and through Watch ESPN, but both tell me to upgrade and I already have digital preferred.  Called Comcast and the guy had no clue. Unplugged the box for a few minutes and still didn't show up. When will it show up as one of my channels?

New Poster

864 is the outdoor channel in Lancaster. It isn't showing on either channel. Called comcast as well and they have no clue. I also cannot log in on my tablet. Funny thing is Hershey and York have it but not Lancaster😡😡😡😡😡
New Poster

what channel is the SEC network

Can't seem to find the SEC network in Culpeper Virginia, 22701
Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Still don't see SEC Network in Hamburg, PA 19526, was curious when to expect it and what channel? Thanks
Frequent Visitor

It is live south of Boston

137 SD

928 HD

New Poster

SEC Network in Northern California?

I was just told by a Comcast CSR that the SEC Network would not allow Comcast to broadcast in California.  I can't imagine that the SEC network would have restricted that.  Please let me know which channel the SEC network is on in N. California or if I have to make other arragements.

New Poster

What channel is SEC Network in Rockwood, TN  37854.  I did the menu guide thing and it doesn't show up.

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network?

Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

I am not seeing the alternate channel in zip code 61571 - there are 2 SEC Network channels - one is for when there are 2 games on at  the same time - like sept 6 -- 2 games on at noon -- whats the problem comcast ? multi billion dollar company and cant get things done right ? LIST THE CHANNEL ON THE MENU GUIDE NOW !!!!!!!!   zip code 61571 - 

New Poster

ComcastTeds: Do you know WHEN the SEC Network will be available in my area and on WHAT CHANNELS? I live in Zip Code 01720 (Acton, Massachusetts). Thank you.

New Poster

What channel in 02052 zip code?  There is o 960 or 745

Frequent Visitor

So on the 14th I get the SD and HD SEC Network channels.  

Then on the 16th I get a message saying the HD channel has been deleted.  What gives?  Now I don't have the channel?

New Poster

Re: SEC Network in Northern California?

Did you ever get this sorted out? It looks like I will go with AT&T as they carry the SEC network in California.

New Poster

Is the SEC network available in Oakland CA 94612? Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Still waiting in Fort Collins.

Like others, I've talked to 4 different people on the phone, all had different stories and suggestions, all have been wrong and ineffective.

At first, I could scroll to the SEC network on my guide, but when I clicked it, it just shows the logo on the screen, no programming. I could not just press the numbers (432 and 706 for me) to get to the channel.

We reset all my boxes, but it didn't do anything. 3 of the techs told me it was other numbers that are assigned to other channels. FInally the fourth one at least said the channels to try were the channels on my guide.

Yesterday, all three boxes updated on their own, which was promising, and now I can click the numbers to get to the network, but still just a logo (and, oddly, the sound from my previous channel).

Tech already scheduled to come out Tuesday because one box has been freezing once a day already, so they have given up and told me to wait until they come.

I posted on facebook to see if anyone in my community actually has it working, and so far everyone is in the same situation as me (logo, no programming). I don't have much confidence that the tech at my house will fix it...

Never understood the hate of comcast by so many (been a pretty happy customer for 11 years). Starting to get it now.

New Poster

When will SEC Network be available in all areas of Massachusetts?

I spoke with a Comcast telephone representative, who said it might be 1-2 weeks for all areas to get the channel???? Speciifically, asking about Zip Code 01720.

New Poster

I have not been able to find the channel in my area...zip code is 30808.

New Poster

I live in the 60067 area and have the digital starter package along with the additional sports package.... I was under the impression that the sports package would include the SEC Channel ... is this not the case???

Official Employee

@TheRita wrote:

SEC Network not coming through in zip code 17603.  It shows up On Demand and through Watch ESPN, but both tell me to upgrade and I already have digital preferred.  Called Comcast and the guy had no clue. Unplugged the box for a few minutes and still didn't show up. When will it show up as one of my channels?

Channel 260 and in HD on channel 842 in your area. 

Official Employee

@X1platform75 wrote:
864 is the outdoor channel in Lancaster. It isn't showing on either channel. Called comcast as well and they have no clue. I also cannot log in on my tablet. Funny thing is Hershey and York have it but not Lancaster😡😡😡😡😡

Channel 260 and in HD on channel 842 in your area. 

Official Employee

Re: what channel is the SEC network

@Mikeuva wrote:
Can't seem to find the SEC network in Culpeper Virginia, 22701

Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913. 

Official Employee

@lmdunk1649 wrote:
Still don't see SEC Network in Hamburg, PA 19526, was curious when to expect it and what channel? Thanks

Available now. Channel 714 and in HD on channel 842.  

Official Employee

@NCalif-Vol wrote:

I was just told by a Comcast CSR that the SEC Network would not allow Comcast to broadcast in California.  I can't imagine that the SEC network would have restricted that.  Please let me know which channel the SEC network is on in N. California or if I have to make other arragements.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

SEC Network is available in you area on channel 432 and in HD on channel 824. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee

@cgolliher wrote:

What channel is SEC Network in Rockwood, TN  37854.  I did the menu guide thing and it doesn't show up.

Available on channel 739 and in HD on channels 460 and 1738 in your area. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee

@Riggo wrote:

ComcastTeds: Do you know WHEN the SEC Network will be available in my area and on WHAT CHANNELS? I live in Zip Code 01720 (Acton, Massachusetts). Thank you.

Available as of last Friday, channel 137 and in HD on channel 928.  

Official Employee

@jki153 wrote:

What channel in 02052 zip code?  There is o 960 or 745

Channel 137 and in HD on channel 928.  

Official Employee

@Soy wrote:

So on the 14th I get the SD and HD SEC Network channels.  

Then on the 16th I get a message saying the HD channel has been deleted.  What gives?  Now I don't have the channel?

Sounds like that message is being generated on your TIVO or other cablecard device.

The guide data for non-Comcast devices and equipment is provided from a different data supplier, TMS - Tribune Media Services (now Gracenote).

You can contact them directly to get that information corrected.customercareelectronic@gracenote.com 

Official Employee

@Flash213 wrote:

Did you ever get this sorted out? It looks like I will go with AT&T as they carry the SEC network in California.

Available now from Comcast in your area of CA. SD: 432 HD: 824

Official Employee

@Flash213 wrote:

Is the SEC network available in Oakland CA 94612? Thanks!

Yes. Available now from Comcast in your area of CA. SD: 432 HD: 824

Official Employee

@mcarcasson wrote:

Still waiting in Fort Collins.

Like others, I've talked to 4 different people on the phone, all had different stories and suggestions, all have been wrong and ineffective.

At first, I could scroll to the SEC network on my guide, but when I clicked it, it just shows the logo on the screen, no programming. I could not just press the numbers (432 and 706 for me) to get to the channel.

We reset all my boxes, but it didn't do anything. 3 of the techs told me it was other numbers that are assigned to other channels. FInally the fourth one at least said the channels to try were the channels on my guide.

Yesterday, all three boxes updated on their own, which was promising, and now I can click the numbers to get to the network, but still just a logo (and, oddly, the sound from my previous channel).

Tech already scheduled to come out Tuesday because one box has been freezing once a day already, so they have given up and told me to wait until they come.

I posted on facebook to see if anyone in my community actually has it working, and so far everyone is in the same situation as me (logo, no programming). I don't have much confidence that the tech at my house will fix it...

Never understood the hate of comcast by so many (been a pretty happy customer for 11 years). Starting to get it now.

Apologies. Sounds like this is an individual and isolated issue to your address, account or cable boxes. Let me take another look at your account and get our CO team involved so that we can get this working for you. Thanks for your patience.

Official Employee

Re: When will SEC Network be available in all areas of Massachusetts?

@Riggo wrote:

I spoke with a Comcast telephone representative, who said it might be 1-2 weeks for all areas to get the channel???? Speciifically, asking about Zip Code 01720.

Available as of last Friday, channel 137 and in HD on channel 928 in your area.   

Official Employee

@jdfirre wrote:

I have not been able to find the channel in my area...zip code is 30808.

Available on channels 181 and 744 in your area. Plus in HD on channels 262 and 1738.  

Official Employee

@tyrkak wrote:

I live in the 60067 area and have the digital starter package along with the additional sports package.... I was under the impression that the sports package would include the SEC Channel ... is this not the case???

The current level of service listed on your account is Digital Starter. SEC Network is available in our Digital Preferred package in Illinois. SEC Network is not included as part of the Sports & Entertainment Package.    

The majority of our cable systems have rolled out SEC Network this month to both SD and HD customers. 

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

New Poster

When will the SEC Network be available in Washington DC?  Zip code 20001?  I can't find it on the TV or on your website for zip code 20001.

Official Employee

@BigMax333 wrote:

When will the SEC Network be available in Washington DC?  Zip code 20001?  I can't find it on the TV or on your website for zip code 20001.

Available now. Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913.