Community Forum

What Channel is the SEC Network

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

@mcarcasson wrote:

Found the channel, but only a logo here in Colorado.

And ESPN3 and the Watch ESPN app (powered by Xfinity) are not working either.

Dish here I come.

Programming began at 6pm ET as per SEC Network schedule.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@RMaddalon wrote:

What HD Channel for zip code 08505??

August 15 for your area as mentioned previously. Thanks for your patience. Check the Accepted Solution for how to locate the channels.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@jleecr wrote:

What about the SEC Network channel in the Charlottesville, Virginia area? Thanks!

August 15 for your area as mentioned previously. Thanks for your patience.

Official Employee

@E_nigmatic wrote:

@Again wrote:

@E_nigmatic wrote:

For the zip code 19701? Btw it would be easier if we had a site that would tell us instantly by inputting our zip instead of waiting on a message board

Try this.  Click on TV Channel Finder.

Lol, I did that, I clicked the Channel Finder link, put in my zip and provider, guess what, all it did was go back to the getsecnetwork.com information , nothing about what channel its on...

It seems we are all going around in circles here arent we ?

To quickly locate the SEC Network (once it is available) –

1. Using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide, press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD.

2. X1 customers with our black on-screen guide. Using the black Comcast remote control, enter in SEC (numbers 7-3-2) and the SEC Network should appear as an option near the top of the list. Select and press OK.

Official Employee

@kshostak wrote:
What is channel for SEC channel for Jacksonville Florida. Zip 32034
Thanks!

To quickly locate the SEC Network (once it is available) –

1. Using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide, press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD.

2. X1 customers with our black on-screen guide. Using the black Comcast remote control, enter in SEC (numbers 7-3-2) and the SEC Network should appear as an option near the top of the list. Select and press OK.

New Poster

I really don't feel like reading through all the pages so here is the channel # in Salem, OR.

HD- 825

SD- 425

New Poster

I am getting now a NOT AUTHORIZED caption on both channels here 711 SD, 864 HD??????? Hello comcast????

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I'm in Boston and it looks like it was previously stated that the SEC Network would be available starting August 15th at 6AM.

I tried looking for it in my guide and do not see it.  I also get an error message when trying to view it on the WatchESPN app telling me that the network is not included in my current television subscription (I have Digital Preferred).  Help!!!

New Poster

Why did Xfinity come out and advertise they had the SEC Network "Coming 8.14.14" and then not have it on the launch date.

The Rollout and communication for the SEC Network has been horrible and getting any information for the NOVA area has been impossible accept for this thread. It is as if Xfinity is trying to keep people in the dark about when the SEC Network will be available. I received countless emails from xfinity telling me the channel was coming on 8.14 and it didn't according to this thread its not going to be available until 8.21. I live in NOVA and I spent 10 minutes on the phone with a customer service rep and they told me the channel would appear on 8.14, it didn't. I am considering switching.

Official Employee

@E_nigmatic wrote:

I am getting now a NOT AUTHORIZED caption on both channels here 711 SD, 864 HD??????? Hello comcast????

Apologies. This channel is available in your area (DE) on our Digital Preferred level of service

The current level of service listed on your account is Digital Starter.

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

I'm in CT and getting Not Authorized yet I get every channel and the sports package...any ideas? Thanks
Official Employee

@kshostak wrote:
What is channel for SEC channel for Jacksonville Florida. Zip 32034
Thanks!

Available now.  Channel 743 and in HD on channel 485 in your area of Florida.   

Regular Visitor

ok, I can get the network on my TV (in SD and HD), I'm watching it right now in fact, but when I go to watch on the WatchESPN app I get a "This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. http://xfinity.comcast.net/upgrade" message. What gives? Obviously I subscribe to it. Is this still just rolling out or what.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

@bmoc0867 wrote:

any estimate when the SEC network will be available in north augusta, SC (zip code 29841)? currently not showing up on my channel guide....

Apologies. For your area, should be available now on channels 181 and 744 and in HD on channels 262 and 1738. Thanks for your patience.

To quickly locate the SEC Network 

1. Using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide, press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD (labeled as SECN)

2. X1 customers with our black on-screen guide. Using the black Comcast remote control, enter in SECN (numbers 7-3-2-6) and the SEC Network should appear as an option near the top of the list. Select and press OK.

New Poster

SEC Network

where in the heck is the SEC network in the Philadelphia area??  there are still big college football fans like myself up here who want to seen this!! was told Aug14, but when i went to tune in for the debut it was no where to be found!! ridiculous!

Official Employee
Moved:

response posted in separate thread, moving to that thread.

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network

@jwallace00 wrote:

I have called 4 times talking to 3 Comcast service reps with no satisfaction.  Other people on my cable provider are getting the SEC network and I am not even though Comcast tells me it is on my package.  I pay Comcast over $180/mo and cannot get service

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

In your area of VA, the SEC Network is available on channel 739 and in HD on channel 1738.

Your current level of service is listed as Digital Starter. The SEC Network is on our Digital Preferred level of service in your area.

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

New Poster

I am in the philadelphia, pa area, zip 19002. I'm an x1 subscriber and cannot find the channel through the normal method (732 on the black remote) .... any help? Which channel?

Official Employee

@atlwilly21 wrote:

not working. black remote

For your area of Atlanta, channel 300 and in HD on channel 795 and 1738.   

Official Employee

@tadgent wrote:

We are in 22304 as well and had a similar experience; none of the 4 agents we spoke to knew what the SEC network was, and  they put us on hold and then hung up on us twice. Why can't Comcast get anything right?

Apologies. Available in your area on channel 710 and in HD on channel 913. 

Regular Visitor

I am very unhappy with the way Comcast has handled the launch of the SEC Network in the DC market. You haven't told your Help Desk folks, and you've left your customers dangling in the wind trying to find the channel on their own, only to find out that it isn't there at all. And, eventually we find out that it could be on a number of misreported channels on a number of speculated bu unconfirmed dates. You only seem to care about mergers, acquisitions and money, but you constantly demonstrate disdain for your customers. That is a shok ing way to run a business!
Regular Visitor

for Washington, DC  

SD - 710

HD - 913

Watching it from inside the District right this moment

Regular Visitor

" . . . shocking way to run a business."
New Poster

SEC Channel in Little Rock

What channel is the SEC network on in Little Rock?  I haven't been able to find it.

Thank you.

Official Employee

@cstubbs10 wrote:

I'm in Boston and it looks like it was previously stated that the SEC Network would be available starting August 15th at 6AM.

I tried looking for it in my guide and do not see it.  I also get an error message when trying to view it on the WatchESPN app telling me that the network is not included in my current television subscription (I have Digital Preferred).  Help!!!

Apologies. Should be available now in your area on channel 137 and in HD on channel 928. Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@cstubbs10 wrote:

Apologies. Should be available now in your area on channel 137 and in HD on channel 928. Thanks for your patience. 

I'm still getting the error within the WatchESPN App and cannot see it on my guide in the XFINITY TV Remote App.

Official Employee

@PakAttack0508 wrote:
I'm in CT and getting Not Authorized yet I get every channel and the sports package...any ideas? Thanks

Apologies. Should be available now on channel 717 and in HD on channel 1738. Thanks for your patience.   

Official Employee

@shummer608 wrote:

ok, I can get the network on my TV (in SD and HD), I'm watching it right now in fact, but when I go to watch on the WatchESPN app I get a "This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe. http://xfinity.comcast.net/upgrade" message. What gives? Obviously I subscribe to it. Is this still just rolling out or what.

Apologies. The network was added in your area this morning. It can take up to 24 hours for the proper authorizations to flow to the app. Thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network

@dcbond75 wrote:

where in the heck is the SEC network in the Philadelphia area??  there are still big college football fans like myself up here who want to seen this!! was told Aug14, but when i went to tune in for the debut it was no where to be found!! ridiculous!

Apologies. The network was added in your area this morning. Channel 711 and in HD on channel 864. 

Official Employee

@emedal wrote:

I am in the philadelphia, pa area, zip 19002. I'm an x1 subscriber and cannot find the channel through the normal method (732 on the black remote) .... any help? Which channel?

Apologies. The network was added in your area this morning. Channel 711 and in HD on channel 864. 

Official Employee

@Bob_Lackland wrote:
I am very unhappy with the way Comcast has handled the launch of the SEC Network in the DC market. You haven't told your Help Desk folks, and you've left your customers dangling in the wind trying to find the channel on their own, only to find out that it isn't there at all. And, eventually we find out that it could be on a number of misreported channels on a number of speculated bu unconfirmed dates. You only seem to care about mergers, acquisitions and money, but you constantly demonstrate disdain for your customers. That is ashoking way to run a business!

Apologies. The network was added in your area of Reston, VA this morning. Available on channel 710 and in HD on channel 913. 

Official Employee

@cstubbs10 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@cstubbs10 wrote:

I'm still getting the error within the WatchESPN App and cannot see it on my guide in the XFINITY TV Remote App.

Apologies. The network was added in your area this morning. It can take up to 24 hours for the proper authorizations to flow to the app. Thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee

Re: SEC Channel in Little Rock

@Hogfan_Little_R wrote:

What channel is the SEC network on in Little Rock?  I haven't been able to find it.

Thank you.

Channel 739 and in HD on channel 1738.

New Poster

A million thanks ComcastTeds

New Poster

The channel you gave for 19002 does not work ... You said 711, I am outside of Philadelphia but not in the city.

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@emedal wrote:

Official Employee

@emedal wrote:

The channel you gave for 19002 does not work ... You said 711, I am outside of Philadelphia but not in the city.

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@emedal wrote:

Apologies, that is what I have listed for your area of Ambler, PA. What do you see on those channels? 

Frequent Visitor

I live in 15237 zip code and currently do not have the SEC Network. I tried channel 842 and 269 but no luck. My friend who lives in the 15147 zip code and he is getting the SEC Network on channel 842.

I have X1 Box and he has a Motorola.

Any suggestions?
Regular Visitor

Thanks! I guess it just wasn't done here for the first day. Got it now!

New Poster

What channel or channels is the SEC Network on in Snellville, GA - zip code 30078? Thanks!

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network?

For Ssavannah, Georgia, Zip code 31410?

New Poster

I am in 19001, outside of Philly also (willow Grove service and X1 customer)...nothing available and nothing showing up on the listings or the apps.

the channel numbers do not exist in the lineup

New Poster

SEC Network for Jacksonville, FL

On what channel(s) will the SEC Network be broadcast?
Tags (2)
Official Employee

@jpklei01 wrote:
I live in 15237 zip code and currently do not have the SEC Network. I tried channel 842 and 269 but no luck. My friend who lives in the 15147 zip code and he is getting the SEC Network on channel 842.

I have X1 Box and he has a Motorola.

Any suggestions?

I show channel 269 and in HD on channel 842 listed for your area. Have you tried to reset your cable box (unplug the power cable and then replug)? Thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee

@ZBIRD wrote:

What channel or channels is the SEC Network on in Snellville, GA - zip code 30078? Thanks!

Available now on channel 300 and in HD on channels 795 and 1738. 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network?

@parrotthead01 wrote:

For Ssavannah, Georgia, Zip code 31410?

Available now on channel 740 and in HD on channel 400 and 1738. 

Official Employee

@Beernuts66 wrote:

I am in 19001, outside of Philly also (willow Grove service and X1 customer)...nothing available and nothing showing up on the listings or the apps.

the channel numbers do not exist in the lineup

For your area of Abington, should be available now on channel 711 and in HD on channel 864. Have you tried to reset your X1 cable box (unplug the power cable and then replug)?

The network was added in your area this morning. It can take up to 24 hours for the proper authorizations and new listings to flow to the app. 

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network for Jacksonville, FL

@Ge-Marble wrote:
On what channel(s) will the SEC Network be broadcast?

Available now on channel 743 and in HD on channel 485 in your area of Florida.