Community Forum

What Channel is the SEC Network

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

When will it be available in Tupelo MS (38804)?  I just checked the channel lineup and don't see it.

Frequent Visitor

@Gusbus wrote:

what channel ia SEC network in 42001/42003 Paducah, KY

Available now. Channel 749 and in HD on channel 395 in KY. Programming starts at 6pm ET tonight. 

This is not the case.  As of 19 August, neither channel 749 nor channel 395 exist.  Have spent over 9 hours over these past 5 days on the phone with Comcast, and no one has any usable information about this ongoing problem.  Far, far worse than that, but no matter:  I am in search of a solution.

Official Employee

@swhight wrote:

When will it be available in Tupelo MS (38804)?  I just checked the channel lineup and don't see it.

Available since August 14 In your area, channel 740 and in HD on channel 1738. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

IAM4UK - 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I am showing the channels that you listed above as correct for your area (Channel 749 and channel 395 in HD). In reviewing your account, it appears that you have cablecards, are you using a TIVO? Sounds like this could be a specific issue to your TIVO or other cablecard device. 

Thanks for any additional details and thanks for your patience.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

No Tivo.
New Poster

What channel number in zip code 19610? Is digital preferred service level required? 

Official Employee

@IAM4UK wrote:
No Tivo.

It looks like we are missing some important information in regards to your three cablecards on your account. I will send you another PM to gather that information. 

Official Employee

@texcd wrote:

What channel number in zip code 19610? Is digital preferred service level required? 

Channel 714 and in HD on channel 842. Digital Preferred in your area. 

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

Problem Solver

crarbo1 wrote:

I don't have a comcast cable box but a home built PVR.  I get my listing from Zap2it, but it hasn't been updated yet with the channel number for SD or HD.  Could you provide me with that information so I can manually tune it for now?

Thanks,
Chuck

Glad to see you got it sorted out. I have a PVR that works with Windows Media Center and also gets its channel guide from Zap2it. Zap2it updated its guide on August 15th with the SEC channel in the lineup for both SD and HD. On August 16th the HD channel went away. Finally today August 20th the HD channel is back again.

BTW, I complained to Zap2it on the 14th and 16th. Whether that made any differrence I don't know because Zap2it ddn't respond directly with me on the matter.

Frequent Visitor

Still no SEC Network here in 42001, in Kentucky.  Comcast sent out technicians, who had no ideas about correcting the problem, but did violate my explicit instructions and thereby completely fouled up my account.  I spent three hours yesterday and one-and-a-half hours this morning attempting to undo the damage they caused.

I am now back to where I started 8 days ago, the problem with Comcast providing SEC Network being unchanged.  But in the meantime, Comcast has cost me over a dozen hours as I attempt to deal with them on this.

What is the proper course-of-action to deal with Comcast?

New Poster

Thanks.

New Poster

SEC Network

When will SEC Network be available in St. Augustine, FL?

New Poster

I am trying to find out if it is available in Seattle WA 98116, I just tried to call customer service and she said she couldn't find SEC in any channel listings.  (She even looked in Atlanta because I gave her my old zip code).  Does anyone know what channel it should be on in my location?

Official Employee

@IAM4UK wrote:

Still no SEC Network here in 42001, in Kentucky.  Comcast sent out technicians, who had no ideas about correcting the problem, but did violate my explicit instructions and thereby completely fouled up my account.  I spent three hours yesterday and one-and-a-half hours this morning attempting to undo the damage they caused.

I am now back to where I started 8 days ago, the problem with Comcast providing SEC Network being unchanged.  But in the meantime, Comcast has cost me over a dozen hours as I attempt to deal with them on this.

What is the proper course-of-action to deal with Comcast?

Looks like this was resolved on Friday as per your PM. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee

@kgcor wrote:

I am trying to find out if it is available in Seattle WA 98116, I just tried to call customer service and she said she couldn't find SEC in any channel listings.  (She even looked in Atlanta because I gave her my old zip code).  Does anyone know what channel it should be on in my location?

Channel 405 and in HD on channel 638.  

New Poster

Re: SEC Network Channel Atlanta

Finally found the channel.  It's on HD 792. Currently not on the Comcast channel lineup page so had to search high and low for it.

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I live in Chicago and have the Digital Starter package.  I added the Sports Entertainment package and noticed the other day that SEC Network is not included (navigated to the channel and told me I needed to subscribe).  I hope this is a mistake as it would only be natural for something like SEC Network to be included in an add-on Sports Entertainment package.  Please advise.

Official Employee

@mpiszynski wrote:

I live in Chicago and have the Digital Starter package.  I added the Sports Entertainment package and noticed the other day that SEC Network is not included (navigated to the channel and told me I needed to subscribe).  I hope this is a mistake as it would only be natural for something like SEC Network to be included in an add-on Sports Entertainment package.  Please advise.

SEC Network is available on Digital Preferred in your area.

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

What channel is the SEC Network in Concord, NH (03301)?

Official Employee

@wrmacdougall wrote:

What channel is the SEC Network in Concord, NH (03301)?

In your area - channel 137 and in HD on channel 928. Digital Preferred is required in your area.  

To quickly locate the SEC Network  –

1. Using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide, press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD.

1. X1 customers with our black on-screen guide. Using the black Comcast remote control, enter in SECN (numbers 7-3-2-6) and the SEC Network should appear as an option near the top of the list. Select and press OK.

New Poster

Re: SEC Network Channel Atlanta

It is on channel 1738

New Poster

SEC NETWORK COLORADO SPRINGS? What channel please??

What comcast channel is the SEC Network on in Colorado Springs?  Thanks

Official Employee

Re: SEC NETWORK COLORADO SPRINGS? What channel please??

@WarEagleCO wrote:

What comcast channel is the SEC Network on in Colorado Springs?  Thanks

Available on channel 549 and in HD on channel 728 in your area. 

To quickly locate the SEC Network  –

1. Using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide, press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD.

1. X1 customers with our black on-screen guide. Using the black Comcast remote control, enter in SECN (numbers 7-3-2-6) and the SEC Network should appear as an option near the top of the list. Select and press OK.

Highlighted
New Poster

SEC Salt Lake City

Hello,

Says I do not have access to SEC.  I have cable and internet throug comcast.  Why do I not have access to SEC Network?

New Poster

SEC Network California?

I just ordered the SEP and I still dont get SEC Network?  Why?  I am in Monterey, Ca.

New Poster

SECN is on Channel 1738 in Hartford, CT area. It doesn't show up on the guide yet...but we found it!
New Poster

I'm in the DC area (Alexandria VA)  - SEC Network is Xfinity Channel 710 and HD is Channel 913.

Took some searching, but finally found it.  Go SEC! 

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Re: SEC Salt Lake City

@10sfit wrote:

Hello,

Says I do not have access to SEC.  I have cable and internet throug comcast.  Why do I not have access to SEC Network?

SEC Network is available on Digital Preferred in your area. Channel 286 and in HD on channel 765.  

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

To quickly locate the SEC Network –

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network California?

@texcowboy77 wrote:

I just ordered the SEP and I still dont get SEC Network?  Why?  I am in Monterey, Ca.

SEC Network is available on Digital Preferred in your area. Channel 432 and in HD on channel 824.  

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Official Employee
New Poster

What channel does the SEC Network come on for Conyers, Ga (30094)? Smiley Happy

Official Employee

@smith1765 wrote:

What channel does the SEC Network come on for Conyers, Ga (30094)? Smiley Happy

Channel 300 and in HD on channel 1738. Additional games as needed on channels 786 and 787.  

New Poster

Thanks so much.

Official Employee

delete

Official Employee

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that offer this channel have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems that offer this network in any other state have this network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

The SEC Network Channel Finder tool has been updated to include linear (standard definition) and HD channel locations and the alternate channels (where available). Link below:  

http://getsecnetwork.com/channel-finder

As a reminder, Comcast also provides digital access to all SEC Network and SEC Network + events on the WatchESPN app and SECNetwork.com.

Closing this thread.