Community Forum

What Channel is the SEC Network

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

@blueherons wrote:

ComcastTed, wouldn't it be easier if there was a page where we could all go look and find out what channel the SEC network is going to be on in our area?

I don't live in Sarasota, Florida, I live in Fort Lauderdale which is why I asked about Fort Lauderdale.

Yes, that would be much easier. 

As I mentioned previously, your comcast.net e-mail address that you used in this forum is linked in our system to an address in Sarasota, we should get that corrected.

Generally for the Fort Lauderdale area, the SEC network would be available starting August 14 on channel 748 and in HD on channel 486.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@Prestizzle wrote:

what channel will the SEC Network be on in Richmond,Va

Starts August 21 in your area: Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: SEC Channels for Marietta, GA

@jtoebe wrote:

What HD channel is the SEC Network going to be on for Marietta, (Atlanta) GA?

For your area of Marietta, GA, available starting August 14 on channel 300 and in HD on channel 795 and 1738. 

New Poster

SEC Network Channel in zip code 60074

What channel number is the SEC Network going to be on in Palatine, IL zip code 60074?

Official Employee

@class77 wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@class77 wrote:

Still absolutely no word on what channels in Jackson, MS. When asked last night, your chat agent had absolutely no idea what the SEC Network was, let alone where it might be found on the dial.

None of the channels listed above have any meaning in the Jackson market and there is nothing on this month's bill about the SEC Network

Channel 716 in Jackson, MS 

ComcastTed, does that mean we will not be getting the SEC Network in HD?? What is up with that?

Channel 716 and in HD on channel 400 and-or 1738.  

Official Employee

@PSewell123 wrote:
What channel in Memphis TN?

Starts August 14 in your area: Channel 643 and in HD on channels 866 and 1738. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee

@jessilou56 wrote:

What channel in Jacksonville, Fla?

Available starting August 14.  Channel 743 and in HD on channel 485 in your area of Florida.   

New Poster

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@GatorNation850 wrote:

What channel in panama city 32404?

Florida panhandle ...starts August 14: Channel 740 and in HD on channel 486.  Thanks for your patience. 

Awesome!I just want to say thanks for taking time out of your busy day to reply to each and every one of us

New Poster

What channel will the network be on in zip code 20147 - Northern Virginia? Go Big Blue Nation! 

Official Employee

@genejohnson wrote:

What channel for Port St Lucie, FL?

Available starting August 14. For your area of Florida - on channel 727 and in HD on channel 486.  

New Poster

@Hooky586 wrote:

What channel will the network be on in zip code 20147 - Northern Virginia? Go Big Blue Nation! 

I hope you don't get screwed like I will in the Richmond area and not get the SEC Network until next week meaning we won't get to see the next 3 UK basketball games! Thanks a lot Comcast!! Grrrrrrrr

Go Big Blue!

New Poster

@Tommy_Bluegrass wrote:

@Hooky586 wrote:

I hope you don't get screwed like I will in the Richmond area and not get the SEC Network until next week meaning we won't get to see the next 3 UK basketball games! Thanks a lot Comcast!! Grrrrrrrr

Go Big Blue!

If that is the case, then I may just switch to DirecTV this weekend. It is sad that they cannot add a channel to the lineup on launch day. 

New Poster

Which channel will the HD feed for the SEC Network be on for Roswell, GA (30075)?

Official Employee

@Gchillin wrote:

What channel in the SF Bay Area, zip 94563?

Starts August 14 in your area: Channel 432 and in HD on channel 824 in CA. Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

SEC Network Channel

What Channel will SEC network be in Mobile, AL  36618

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network Channel Atlanta

@jcrocker0413 wrote:

What Channel will the SEC Network be in Atlanta 30328?

Available starting August 14 in your area; generally in the Atlanta area, channels 281 or 300 and in HD on channels 795 or 1738. Thanks.  

Official Employee

@Tommy_Bluegrass wrote:

What channel will it be in 23832 (Chesterfield, VA) and will it be available on the 14th???

Thanks!!

Scheduled for August 21 in VA.  Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913.  

Official Employee

@scott-9876 wrote:

What is the channel number and start date for 80027 (Superior/Louisville Colorado).

Starts August 14 in your area: Channel 432 and in HD on channel 706 in your area of Colorado. Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Tommy_Bluegrass wrote:

What channel will it be in 23832 (Chesterfield, VA) and will it be available on the 14th???

Thanks!!

Scheduled for August 21 in VA.  Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913.  

Why isn't the network available on launch day? Kentucky Basketball is playing over the weekend and that is a make or break deal for me. 

Official Employee

@pebrown3 wrote:

What channel will the SEC network be on in Rankin County, MS (39047)

Thanks

Channel 716 and in HD on channel 400 and-or 1738.  Starts August 14, 

New Poster

thx Teds!

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network

@wildcatsmak wrote:

Would you be able to tell me what channels the SEC Network will have in the Chicago market?

Thank you!

In most areas of Chicago, the SEC Network will be available on channel 421 and in HD on channel 336.  Starts August 14,  

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network Channel in zip code 60074

@alti2de000 wrote:

What channel number is the SEC Network going to be on in Palatine, IL zip code 60074?

Starts August 14 - could be channel 421 or 537 and in HD on channel 336 or 601. 

Official Employee

@Hooky586 wrote:

Available starting August 21 in VA.  Channel 710 and in HD on channel 913.   

Official Employee

@rzrbkfn wrote:

Which channel will the HD feed for the SEC Network be on for Roswell, GA (30075)?

Available starting August 14 in your area; generally in the Atlanta area, channels 281 or 300 and in HD on channels 795 or 1738. Thanks.

New Poster

Re: SEC Network Channel Atlanta

Thanks for the response. It shows 795 as the Big Ten Network 2 now & I don't have any channels in 1700s; I was thinking a slot would be used instead of removing something but it sounds like that's not the case.

Official Employee

QUICK SUMMARY BELOW  - UPDATED APRIL 14

Marking this post as a solution for now so that it can be found quickly.

The majority of our cable systems will begin rolling out SEC Network this month to both SD and HD customers. 

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Thanks for your patience.

http://www.comcast.com/sec-network.html

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/sec-network-comcast-xfinity

Scheduled to be available on August 14 in most all Comcast areas.

The exception is that many of our Northeast Division areas (from Maine south to Virginia and east to Ohio) are currently scheduled to receive this channel on August 15.

To quickly locate the SEC Network (once it is available) –

1. Using the silver Comcast remote control and traditional blue on-screen guide, press the Menu button twice, then select Find Shows, then select Sports, then select All Sports – you should be able to scroll through that list up and down to locate the SEC Network in SD or HD.

2. X1 customers with our black on-screen guide. Using the black Comcast remote control, enter in SEC (numbers 7-3-2) and the SEC Network should appear as an option near the top of the list. Select and press OK.

Also, there is no programming scheduled on this channel until 6:00pm ET August 14. 

New Poster

What station will the SEC network be on in Little Rock Arkansas?

Official Employee

@LRSHEL wrote:

What station will the SEC network be on in Little Rock Arkansas?

In your area the channel is scheduled to be added on August 14 on channel 739 and in HD on channel 1738.

New Poster

Re: What tier is required for the SEC Network?

How do I find out what channels the SEC network will be carried on in Nashville Tn.?

New Poster

What about Salt Lake City, UT 84093.
Thanks Teds!

New Poster

What channel for 32055 Lake City, FL please? Thanks Teds!
Frequent Visitor

What channel for Independence, MO 64055?

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

what channel is SEC network on in Huntsville Alabama

New Poster

What is the channel in the Boston Area??

New Poster

Why is the northeast starting on the 21st rather than the 14?
New Poster

What channels will the SEC Network be on the Comcast line-up for Kentucky zip-codes 42726/42754? Thanks.
New Poster

What channel will the SEC Network be in Monument, CO?

New Poster

what channel is SEC in ashburn,va 20147?

Regular Visitor

I see that a poster requested the channel for Monument Colorado which should be the same for the Colorado Springs area.  So what is the channel for the Colorado Springs area?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HD 1738 for Knoxville TN

Contributor

I don't think the number you were told for Memphis is right. 745 is mixed in the music channels.
New Poster

What channel is sec network in Chattanooga tn 37421
New Poster

What will the SEC Network channel numbers be in Dothan, Alabama?

Valued Contributor

What channel will sec network be in the Pittsburgh area?
New Poster

What channel is the SEC Network in the Huntington, WV area? Zip code 25504. 

Also, we will be getting this on the 14th, right? If not, is the validation through WatchESPN able to be authenticated without the actual channel on your cable at that time?

New Poster

What channel will SEC network be on in Sebring, Florida or Highlands County ....zip 33870?  Thanks!

New Poster

Howard Co Maryland subscriber here. Gonna check Thursday, Launch Day and HOPE I see it.

Don't screw with the BBN, Comcast!

Problem Solver

SEC network is live and ready to go for Fresno california

Channel 824 HD

432 SD