Community Forum

What Channel is the SEC Network

Contributor

What Channel is the SEC Network

Comcast was very late in its negotiations with the SEC Network, but the announcements have been made, which I am sure everyone is happy about.

 

Now, 6 days from the actual launch date of the SEC Network, and the reluctance of Comcast to announce what channel the network is going to be on, only means Comcast is waiting to the last minute because the channel must be replacing something else, which will make some subscribers unhappy.

 

Will Comcast announce what channels the SEC Network is on? This is getting old.......

Contributor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

I called in to customer service today for a seperate issue and I asked if they had the channell number for the SEC Network yet (not a huge fan of the SEC I was just curious).  The customer service rep said they just got word today for what channel it will be in each area and he gave me the numbers.  700 for HD and 742 for SD (I'm in Michigan).  Neither of those channels currently has anything on them. 

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

You may want to check your latest bill on-line. Here in Chicago. somebody posted the info from what I guess was their latest bill. Mine hasn't posted yet, so it will depend on your due date.

 

So lets start the list:

Chicago area: 336 (HD), 421 (SD)

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Independence, MO area
Olathe, Ks
SD 284
HD 960
Minimum plan digital starter
Regular Contributor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Still absolutely no word on what channels in Jackson, MS. When asked last night, your chat agent had absolutely no idea what the SEC Network was, let alone where it might be found on the dial.

 

None of the channels listed above have any meaning in the Jackson market and there is nothing on this month's bill about the SEC Network

Regular Contributor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

What channel will SEC Network be on Comcast of Garden State, NJ (08054)?

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


ComcastAndrew wrote:
Independence, MO area
Olathe, Ks
SD 284
HD 960
Minimum plan digital starter

Thanks Andrew!  Exactly what I needed to know.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

I can't even find out if we are getting it in the DC area...I would assume that espn would definitely require coverage in the northeastern markets...

Problem Solver

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

I wanna find out on August 14th and search for it myself.

 

 

 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


jadkins9529 wrote:

I can't even find out if we are getting it in the DC area...I would assume that espn would definitely require coverage in the northeastern markets...


You will get it. Whether you will be able to watch it depends on the tv tier you subscribe to.

SEC Network will be available on digital starter in states with SEC schools.

 

Areas outside the SEC will need digital preferred and higher in order to watch the network.

 

From HERE

 


ComcastTeds said

 

The systems in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Florida that will offer this channel will have SEC Network on the Digital Starter package and systems launching in any other state will offer SEC Network as part of the Digital Preferred package.

 


Now I need only the channel number it will be on. Yes, I could look at my next bill but by then it would be a moot point since I will get the bill a week and half after the network goes on air.

 

I am grateful for one thing-I've stopped receiving mailers 4-6 times a week  from DISH telling me TUSCALOOSA-SWITCH TO DISH TODAY AND GET SEC NETWORK. DISH IS THE ONLY NATIONWIDE CARRIER OF SEC.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Nothing but stuff like Paul Finebaum until the first football game August 28, so no sweat. ;-)
Regular Contributor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


WarEagle57 wrote:
Nothing but stuff like Paul Finebaum until the first football game August 28, so no sweat. ;-)

Looks like a lot more than Finebaum reruns. Link below gets you to the programming schedule. Check SEC Network and the dates you're interested in.

 

http://espnmediazone.com/us/programming/program-schedules/#tvl_resultsAnchor

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

What channel in Olympia, WA? The only sports channel in HD outside 619-636 is NFL Network.
New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

I hope this is correct, but I have just been told through chat that Plainville, CT comcast will be channel 801.

 

I should not have had to go into Support chat to get this info. Especially since this network is 4 days from launching.

 

 

Happy fishing for your channel number. Thanks comcast.

 

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Anybody know the channel in the Knoxville area?  Local Comcast is either not telling or is clueless (as usual).

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

chat drone said Illinois is in the starter package area - whats going on here COMCAST ?

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

you have no clue comcast andrew and ted

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Does anybody know what the SEC Network Chanel number will be in the Atlanta area?

Frequent Visitor

SEC Network

As of today I still do not know what channel or what tier is required for me to have the SEC Network

It kicks off on the 14th of August Comcast wake up provide the information for your customers

Your customer service needs to improve.Your website says check back for the details.It is the

11th day of August when I am posting this message.You made your agreement on the 18th

day of July.You would think you would have been prepared to tell your customers what to do if you were

going to offer the channel.Your customer service reps need to treat people with dignity and respect..They

also need to be better trained Your service is good but your customer service is awful.Another thing that

would help is that you hire more Americans.Always talking to someone in the other part of the world.No

disrepect they are good people but its difficult to communicate.Need to give those jobs to people in the USA.

Its not fair to my time to talk to someone who doesn't understand what I am saying then have to call back

hoping I get somone who can help.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

if its not on there 8/14 -- dishnet will be called to replace comcast for me - i am fed up with these CSRs that have no idea whats going on at a billion dollar plus corporation

New Poster

Re: SEC Network

I called today and was told it would be channel 739 in the Atlanta, GA area.

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

what about mobile, al? zip code 36693?

New Poster

Re: SEC Network

who did you call, yj85?


yellowjacket85 wrote:

I called today and was told it would be channel 739 in the Atlanta, GA area.


 

Regular Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

CHANNEL NUMBER FOR 38826 PLEASE 

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Cartersville, GA Area (zip codes 30120 & 30121) ESPN Classic, channel 265, has the SEC Network Logo and launch date. Called Comcast and the rep I spoke with said that will be the channel for my area.

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Way out here in Sacramento, CA 95821

 

Any idea of channel number?

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

This is sad. Nothing here in Nashville either. You would think there would be a message on the cable box like they do for all other channels weeks in advance. I check every day ....nothing....A guy with so called customer service said it will be included in the sports package, I dont think he knew what day it was so I am not sure.

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Memphis, Tn

 

Channel 745 per phone rep.  Chat lady told me it wasn't available in my area even on launch day.  5 minute call confirmed channel number.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Hd? ^^^^^
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: SEC Network


yellowjacket85 wrote:

I called today and was told it would be channel 739 in the Atlanta, GA area.


I just got off of a chat with a Comcast customer service rep by the name of Carl (employee number 37303) who stated that SECN will be on channel 300 in the Atlanta area - SD only.  I wouldn't be surprised if 739 is the HD channel in Atlanta for SECN.

 

 

Regular Contributor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


dn3524 wrote:

Way out here in Sacramento, CA 95821

 

Any idea of channel number?


I just found that answer as i also live in Sacramento Ca and in Calfornia its on channel 432 in SD and channel in 824 in HD.I had to ask 2 different people as the first person wasnt that helpful but the second person was much better and went out of his way to get me the correct information.

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


RobertCoplin wrote:

dn3524 wrote:

Way out here in Sacramento, CA 95821

 

Any idea of channel number?


I just found that answer as i also live in Sacramento Ca and in Calfornia its on channel 432 in SD and channel in 824 in HD.I had to ask 2 different people as the first person wasnt that helpful but the second person was much better and went out of his way to get me the correct information.


I'm guessing it's 432 SD in the Bay Area too.  When they added the Pac 12 Network is was channels 433 and 434. 

Problem Solver

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

thanks bros.

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

What chanel is it for Miami? HD? Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

call Dishnet you will have the SEC Network without any of this nonsense from uninformed drones that comcast hires - comcast doesnt care about customer service in my opinion

New Poster

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP WHAT CHANNEL WILL IT BE FOR VERO BEACH FL. 32967 HD PLEASE

Gold Problem Solver

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

 

ch. 740

ch. 1738 HD

 

These are the channel numbers listed in an article in the local newspaper today.


 

New Poster

SEC NETWORK!

It is now August 12th and no word yet on Comcast's SEC Network Coverage.  

 

How difficult is it to:

 

  •  Post  channels

  •  Requirements

  • Train Support Staff to answer questions on SEC Network

 

 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


mike1sc wrote:

Comcast was very late in its negotiations with the SEC Network, but the announcements have been made, which I am sure everyone is happy about.

 

Now, 6 days from the actual launch date of the SEC Network, and the reluctance of Comcast to announce what channel the network is going to be on, only means Comcast is waiting to the last minute because the channel must be replacing something else, which will make some subscribers unhappy.

 

Will Comcast announce what channels the SEC Network is on? This is getting old.......


In your area of SC, the SEC Network will be available on channel 181 and 744 (HD). 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


class77 wrote:

Still absolutely no word on what channels in Jackson, MS. When asked last night, your chat agent had absolutely no idea what the SEC Network was, let alone where it might be found on the dial.

 

None of the channels listed above have any meaning in the Jackson market and there is nothing on this month's bill about the SEC Network


Channel 716 in Jackson, MS 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


DHFranz wrote:
What channel in Olympia, WA? The only sports channel in HD outside 619-636 is NFL Network.

Channel 405 and 638 (HD) in your area

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


Tngilmer54 wrote:

Anybody know the channel in the Knoxville area?  Local Comcast is either not telling or is clueless (as usual).


Channel 739 in your area. 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


eainge10 wrote:

chat drone said Illinois is in the starter package area - whats going on here COMCAST ?


Channel 421 in your area of Washington, IL as a part of the Digital Preferred package.  

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


UK-KAT wrote:

Does anybody know what the SEC Network Chanel number will be in the Atlanta area?


Channel 300 and 795 (HD) in your area of Conyers, GA. Thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee

Re: SEC Network


kevincon1 wrote:

As of today I still do not know what channel or what tier is required for me to have the SEC Network

It kicks off on the 14th of August Comcast wake up provide the information for your customers

Your customer service needs to improve.Your website says check back for the details.It is the

11th day of August when I am posting this message.You made your agreement on the 18th

day of July.You would think you would have been prepared to tell your customers what to do if you were

going to offer the channel.Your customer service reps need to treat people with dignity and respect..They

also need to be better trained Your service is good but your customer service is awful.Another thing that

would help is that you hire more Americans.Always talking to someone in the other part of the world.No

disrepect they are good people but its difficult to communicate.Need to give those jobs to people in the USA.

Its not fair to my time to talk to someone who doesn't understand what I am saying then have to call back

hoping I get somone who can help.


Apologies for the experience that you described above.

 

Channel 532 in your area and 1738 in HD.  Thanks for your patience. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network

What about Nashville area in HD?
Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


kdkharris wrote:

what about mobile, al? zip code 36693?


Channel 727 in your area, Channels 191 and 1738 in HD. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


m_maharrey wrote:

CHANNEL NUMBER FOR 38826 PLEASE 


Channel 740 and 1738 (HD) in your area, thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


dn3524 wrote:

Way out here in Sacramento, CA 95821

 

Any idea of channel number?


Channel 432 and 824 (HD) in your area. 

Official Employee

Re: What Channel is the SEC Network


Woodard429 wrote:

This is sad. Nothing here in Nashville either. You would think there would be a message on the cable box like they do for all other channels weeks in advance. I check every day ....nothing....A guy with so called customer service said it will be included in the sports package, I dont think he knew what day it was so I am not sure.


Channel 718 in your area of Hermitage, TN. Channel 1738 in HD.

 

SD version available with the Digital Starter level of service in your area. HD version requires HD technology fee.