Community Forum

Weather Scan Channel

Official Employee

Re: Weather Scan Channel

Hey foxtrot,

I apologize for any inconvenience. Weatherscan is no longer available. Feel free to follow this link to submit your feedback to let us know you are still interested in having it aired in your local area. If there is anything else I could do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Channel 101

Why did they take off channel 101. The weather channel stinks

New Poster

Please bring back channel 100 for weather/ channel 30 is terrible!!

I'm not sure how anyone else feels out there, but WE want the REAL Weather channel 100 for Bethel Park Pa. to come back!!! Channel 30 is awful!!! Channel 100, just gave us the weather HERE and the map!!! NO Bull or commercials!!! We have to wait for weather to come arround. At night with channel 30, we can HARDLY see it at the bottom of the screen! PLEASE ask for channel 100 in Bethel Park Pa. to be restored ASAP!!! Channel 30 is ALL SHOW and commercials!!! Bring back JUST our local weather!!!!

PROTEST NOW!!!

JMG Bethel Park Pa.

Official Employee

Re: weatherscan

Hello all, I understand you desire to watch the "Weather Scan" channel in your area but Comcast has discontinued it as of 10/10/17. For channels to be added back to your current lineup please click on this link and provide your feedback. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Weather channel

Why did xfinity remove the weather scan channel???? I checked it every single day. I'm very annoyed.

Official Employee

Re: WeatherScan Channel

Hi Jaidasvendors, the "Weather Scan" channel has been discontinued as of 10/10/17. 

New Poster

Weatherscan channel

Hi,

My weather scan channel no longer is displayed. Did this channel move or do we have an additional channel as my current bill includes payment for this channel. If the channel is removed will it be reflected in the bill?

Official Employee

Re: local weather, channel 1101

Hello, hoffcvl22 - The "Weatherscan Channel" has been discontinued as of 10/10/17. 

New Poster

weather channel ???????????

weather channel 101  hasn't been working for over a week. Tried talking comcast  that was about as useful as a one legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen lake.

If I'm lucky the will take more channels away and raise my bill.

Tags (1)
New Poster

WeatherScan101

What happened to the WeatherScan101 channel? I used it constantly to check the weather in real time. The weather channel 31 is useless.

New Poster

TV show

I am wondering what's happening with channel 101, weatherscan?  It is telling me to go to the Weather Channel or local station.  Please don't remove that channel.

New Poster

Weather Channel

Why on God's green earth did you take the Weather channel (101) off the air. There are a great number of people including myself that watched this channel more than once a day.

Dosen't make any sense. Please bring it back.

Contributor

Re: Weather Channel

Comcast Please reconsider your decision to discontinure the Weatherscan Channel 101..   I use this several times a day in my business.   Waiting for the Weather Channel on the "8"'s just doesn't cut it.   PLEASE RECONSIDER!!

Admin1

Re: Missing "weatherscan" channel-where'd it go?

Hi Mmmmmb -- Weatherscan channel is no longer available with our service. Local weather information can be viewed on The Weather Channel with Local on the 8's, on X1 with the Weather App, on non-X1 with Main Menu > Local Weather, and with Home Security weather information on the Touchscreen Controller. 

Frequent Visitor

Weatherscan channel 101 - bring it back

Bring back Weatherscan Local! There is nothing like it. Dumb move to remove it Comcast!

Regular Contributor

Re: weatherscan

Hello wjemerick,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused. At this time we are not carrying the station that provides local weather on 101. We are constantly looking to upgrade and expand our content to better improve our customers experience. Please check back with us later to see what's new in your local channel line-up.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Re: Channel 101

Hi Djank003 -- Weatherscan was removed as part of a business decision. Aside from The Weather Channel, you can view local weather information on X1 platform using the Weather App, on non-X1 platform by going to Main Menu > Local Weather, and by viewing weather information on the Home Security Touchscreen Controller. 

New Poster

Bring back Weather Scan Channel 101

The elimination of Weather Scan Channel 101 is a mistake.  I know many of your viewers check the channel

multiple times daily, especially during stormy weather.

With all the channels in the Xfinity lineup, eliminating Weather Scan is puzzling.  Xfinity must think aout their community before profit and activate Weather Scan ASAP

New Poster

Weather Scan channel removed

I have noticed that Comcast has removed the very useful "Weather Scan" channel.

Is comcast going to give money back for the loss of this service? 

Comcast constantly reminds us of how they are making our service better, yet a wonderful service like "Weather Scan" has been removed from our channel line-up.  

How does removing The "Weather Scan" channel improve our service? 

Sadly, I expect my concerns will probably only fall on corporate deaf ears because in my town, as with many, there is no compitition for cable or internet service. 

Admin1

Re: TV show

Hi BrianCraigPam -- Weatherscan is no longer offered in our lineups. You can view local weather information from The Weather Channel with local on the 8's. You can also view local weather via X1 platform's Weather App, non-X1 with Main Menu > Local Weather, or via the weather information on the Home Security Touchscreen Controller. 

Admin1

Re: Weatherscan channel 101 - bring it back

Hi GrandpaBowser -- Weatherscan is no longer offered in our lineups. You can view local weather information from The Weather Channel with local on the 8's. You can also view local weather via X1 platform's Weather App, non-X1 with Main Menu > Local Weather, or via the weather information on the Home Security Touchscreen Controller.

New Poster

Weatherscan Channel

Weathersacan - BRING IT BACK! Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

weatherscan channel 101

Why in the world did Comcast get rid of the weatherscan channel--101???  We check this channel all day long.  The weather channel doesn't compare.  Please bring it back!

Regular Visitor

Weatherscan Channel

Who's the Einstein at Comcast who decided to drop the Weatherscan Channel? Out of all the useless channels that we're overpaying for and do not watch, an executive decision is made to cut a channel that is obviously watched by tens of thousands of your subscribers that pay your bloated salaries. Here's a novel idea....how about a focus group comprised of us ( your subscribers) that can inform you when you decide to make one of your numerous bad decisions on our behalf. And then let us give you real feedback on what programming we would like to add, drop or even keep. 

Expert

Re: Weatherscan Channel

There is a long thread about this here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Weather-Scan-Channel/m-p/3000389#M89064

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Re: weatherscan channel 101

There is a long thread about this here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Weather-Scan-Channel/m-p/3000389#M89064

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Re: Bring back Weather Scan Channel 101

Hi gersh001, the Weather Scan channel was removed from all channel lineups on 10/10/17. I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

Frequent Visitor

Bring back Weathrscan

Bring back weatherscan!

Regular Visitor

Weather Channel 101

What happened to 101, Weather Channel.  We really counted on that channel all day long.  We are paying more for less it seems.  Xfinity/Comcast please get it together.  

New Poster

WEATHERSCAN

BRING BACK WEATHERSCAN!!!!!!  THE WEATHER CHANNEL DOES NOT GIVE YOU MINUTE TO MINUTE WEATHER, RADAR ETC!!!!

Official Employee

Re: WEATHERSCAN

Hello COMODRWEEZ, Weatherscan is no longer offered in our lineups. You can view local weather information from The Weather Channel with local on the 8's. You can also view local weather via X1 platform's Weather App, non-X1 with Main Menu > Local Weather, or via the weather information on the Home Security Touchscreen Controller.

New Poster

To the Xfinity personnel that answers the many  posts listed in this "WeatherSan" fourm, please do not repeat your answer because I'm sure you can read but maybe not comprehend, your customers do not want to go to the weather channel and wait ten minutes, or go to the local stations that present the weather @ 4:30am, 7:00am, 12:00 noon, 6:00pm or 11:00pm and finally your APP offering is equivalent to what is offered in a daily newspaper subscription. 

Official Employee

Hi vi76, thank you for your feedback. I understand that you desire to view the Weatherscan channel in your area and we want your voice to be heard, please click on this link and provide your feedback to our corporate team so your request can be considered in a future channel update. Again, thank you for your feedback we look forward to hearing from you. 

New Poster

i live in IL what happeend to channel 116 weather channel

what happened to channel 116 the weather channel, i live in IL (60181)

Administrator
Moved:

i live in IL what happeend to channel 116 weather channel

Silver Problem Solver

Re: i live in IL what happeend to channel 116 weather channel

It is being dropped across the country. See the numerous threads about it here.

Admin1

Re: i live in IL what happeend to channel 116 weather channel

Hi dorg -- Weatherscan was removed from our lineups as part of a business decision. You can view local weather information from The Weather Channel with local on the 8's. You can also view local weather via X1 platform's Weather App, non-X1 with Main Menu > Local Weather, or via the weather information on the Home Security Touchscreen Controller.

New Poster

Bring back Weatherscan!

Please bring back local channel 101 Weatherscan to our area! We don't have a local news/ weather, and waiting for the local on the 8's for the weather on the weather channel is not the most effective way to get the weather on TV. Channel 101 is not being used for anything. Why not put it back? My family & I miss it, as it was usually very accurate. I would send this as an email, but there is no way to do so.
New Poster

Weatherscan CHannel

I want it BACK!!! It is one of the reasons we chose to subscribe to your service, and since you didn't replace it, it's not like you don't have a place to put it. AGAIN, I WANT IT BACK!!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Weatherscan CHannel

I couldn't have said it better.  This is the straw that broke the camel's back. I have debated on dropping cable TV and losing yet another channel espicially this one is going too far. Time to cut the cord!

New Poster

Channel 101

Could you please tell me what happened to channel 101 please
New Poster

Weatherscan

Why was Weatherscan dropped? We watch it every day, multiple times per day. It helps us plan for the day in the morning, and it helps us prepare for the next day in the evening. Most important is that it provided valuable information during severe weather with their alerts, and the radar enabled us to know what was coming so we could prepare. It's was the best local weather avenue available. The Weather Channel focuses more on national weather and programming about past storms, etc., and you have to wait and wait to even find something about your local area. Please reinstate Weatherscan to our lineup.

Silver Problem Solver
Silver Problem Solver
Official Employee

Re: Channel 101

Hi tammie00, is the channel missing from your channel lineup or is the station showing a different network that what you normally see? 

Regular Contributor

Real reason why Weatherscan was dropped?

I knew it was coming, but this week my Weatherscan channel 101 was removed from the Deerfield/Pompano Beach FL market. The main thread (which no longer allows for replies) says that it was a "business decision" to remove it. I would like to know what this business decision was, as there are a ton of other "stupid" channels that Comcast has continued to carry for years, that I bet almost no one watches.

The regular Weather Channel use to be good, but years ago it transformed into more of an entertainment Channel and often times has programming that has little to nothing to do with current weather conditions.

I personally have used Weatherscan for many years to check my current weather, radar, and 7 day forcast, as it is on 24x7. Was the price of the channel so expensive that Comcast could no longer pay for it (which we pay for anyway with our monthly bill)? Why not offer it as a subscription pay channel, like $5-7/month so that at least people are given the option to pay extra for it if they want?

New Poster

Weather Channel

What happened to the weather channel 101?  I hope this isn't permanent!!!!

We depend it on work and it is a major part of justifying the expense of having cable tv,

New Poster

Re: What happened to Weatherscan Local on 101?

It is also not on preferred tier. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I really thought that this unfortunate & very I'll advised "business decision" by Comcast regarding Weatherscan would be reversed. Apparently not. The radar information provided by the alternative station is not nearly as good with it's cartoon graphics & 15 minute lag time. The apps are even worse. With the changes in the intensity & frequency of storm's in Florida & elsewhere, Comcast has taken a step backwards. Comcast is not taking into account their responsibility as a media provider of serving the people of our community, many of whom do not use or are unable to view the small images on smart phones. Weatherscan was a far superior resource that many of your subscribers counted on for, not only their everyday weather information, but also for the best second by second information regarding their safety during weather emergencies. Shame on you, Comcast!
Regular Visitor

Shame on you is right!  Time to cut the cord. Removing Weatherscan was the last straw.