Community Forum

Weather Scan Channel

New Poster

Missing Channel

Have we lost the  Weatherscan Local channel 116.  Last night it was not available and again this morning the same thing.  If it was taken off the air why were we not notified.  Our bills keep going up but our services keep disappearing.  Please advise.  Thank You!

New Poster

Re: Weather Scan Channel

I am so upset Weather Scan local channel has been removed from my lineup. It was my favorite channel and the main reason I kept Comcast all these years. The Weather Channel and Xfinity weather options do not provide local radar or cover local weather thoroughly. This effects our safety during really bad weather. Bring back Weather Scan!

New Poster

Done!

New Poster

Weatherscan Channel 116

I am very disappointed to see that Channel 116 has been removed with no notice!  Why?  I can get a complete weather update anytime of the day (yes I also like the music) and updates on travel, aches & pain index, and weather outlooks for the remainder of the week.  Please say that this is only temporary (satellite issue?).  I get up @ 4:00 AM & the first channel I turn on is 116 before I head out the door.  Please help & if others out there are feeling this pain!!

Regular Visitor

Re: Weatherscan

i am here with you, please leave great thing alone!!! Our house like Weatherscan better than The Weather Channel.

Contributor

deja vu JoeW7,

I 've complained on this forum and to Comcast Corporate over the last few years to BRING BACK THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL!!!

<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Solicitation">

Cheers!

New Poster

Indianapolis Comcast lights out on weatherscan without asking viewers. So I can cancel and who needs Comcast part of NBC fat cats who care less about subscribers
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Weatherscan Channel 116

Where are you located? Here in the Chicago area, there was a notice in my bill a month or two ago. If you only view online, make sure to check the FULL bill option, not just the summary.

New Poster

Re: what happened to channel 116

This is complete BS!!  There are no radars anymore!  Come on xfinity!!!  Complete BS

New Poster

Re: weatherscan channel

I am so disappointed. I do not have a mobile device. I only have comcast/xfinity. Where else can I see national weather?  Rochelle

New Poster

Once again something that isn't broken get's fixed ... thanks COMCAST. Why do you continue to drive customer away?

By the way your "localized weather app available to customers with the X1 platform" is NOWHERE near equivalent to what Weather Scan provided. Today, major rain event in our area with "training" storms. Your app says "Rain" and "Thunderstorms". Great ... I can open my door and see that it is raining outside. The Weather Channel has been busy showing pre-recorded programing with info scrolling at the bottom of screen. I can't wait for "Locals on the 8's" to see any radar. A lot just happenned in my area in the last 10 minutes !!

Funny I used to be able to see the life threatening severe weather radar, IN MY AREA, on my TV whenever I needed it on Weather Scan. I'll turn my TV off and find the information elsewhere. Since Comcast continues to get rid of what I want to watch I see no reason to continue associating with Comcast 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@mwiii wrote:

Once again something that isn't broken get's fixed ... thanks COMCAST. Why do you continue to drive customer away?

By the way your "localized weather app available to customers with the X1 platform" is NOWHERE near equivalent to what Weather Scan provided. Today, major rain event in our area with "training" storms. Your app says "Rain" and "Thunderstorms". Great ... I can open my door and see that it is raining outside. The Weather Channel has been busy showing pre-recorded programing with info scrolling at the bottom of screen. I can't wait for "Locals on the 8's" to see any radar. A lot just happenned in my area in the last 10 minutes !!

Funny I used to be able to see the life threatening severe weather radar, IN MY AREA, on my TV whenever I needed it on Weather Scan. I'll turn my TV off and find the information elsewhere. Since Comcast continues to get rid of what I want to watch I see no reason to continue associating with Comcast 

I'm starting to wonder if Weathescan isn't the same everywhere across the board.  Ours (which is also going away) didn't have a lot of the features that many posters here describe using and depending on so heavily.  For one thing, two of the three town/areas cited on ours are next to each other -- they literally share a border.  Whatever is happening in the one town is also happening in the other.  And our "severe storm warning" feature, which used to be very detailed (where, when, for how long, etc.), has become incredibly (and dangerously) vague.  It's become "A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for a portion of the viewing area."  Our viewing area map covers a large part of four states!  And invariably, that map is "currently unavailable" -- so that's no help.  When I contacted Comcast about these things, they referred me to The Weather Channel, who told me that my concerns would be taken into consideration and relayed to the proper parties.  Yeah, right.

We've been able to find another channel (24-hour weather) with better information and have stopped using Weatherscan well in advance of its being removed, but that was only by going through the entire channel lineup and finding it by accident since it's a channel we didn't even know existed.  In any event, it would have been nice if our Weatherscan hadn't become so ineffective -- I empathize with those whose channel IS still helpful being upset at losing it.  This is the way Comcast does things, though.

New Poster

Thanks for that information Jessie.  We are unhappy about that decision made by Comcast to drop Weatherscan.  We viewed that channel all of the time for instant weather.  We will have to turn away from Comcast to a weather app on our phones for weather.  With decisions like this, people will continue to turn away from Comcast TV for information and entertainment as they discover other venues.

I tried chatting with a Comcast employee on your website.  They couldn't answer why it was dropped.  They wanted to send a reset signal to my box, wanted the serial number of my box, wanted me to unplug my box to reset it.  

New Poster

I am truly dismayed by your decision to drop the Weatherscan channel for the Chicago area.  It is my go-to channel everyday especially during bad weather like we experienced this weekend.  Besides the continuous radar display, it had airport delays, air quality alerts and pollen reports, and other useful information you can't find anywhere else In one convenient location.  Your suggested options are useless to me, especially the Xfinity App.  And do we even see a credit on our bill for this decrease in service?  What else are you going to drop next?  Yet another reason to consider ATT UVerse.

New Poster

It was also removed from the X1 platform as well.  Obviously they don't care who they offend.  At least ATT UVerse is offering a 2-yr deal In my area.

New Poster

sorry, but the weather channel does not bring me instant weather. I have to deal with commercials, information on traffic, and only on the 8 I get local weather... but not even local... so please... bring back WeatherScan! Weather channel good for tracking hurricanes, not for my everyday weather!

New Poster

What do you mean redundant.  If its redundant then please let all of us weather scan users where the other weather scan exists.  What equipment is getting old.  Seems to me the only thing getting old is comcast's bs.

New Poster

why is comcast dropping the weatherscan channel?

in my latest bill from comcast was a notice that weatherscan was being dropped from the lineup on 12/5/2018.

i want to know why?  when local news is not on or the weather channel is showing programs, this is my go to channel for current weather conditions. 

what can i do to keep this from happening?

New Poster

Re: BRING BACK WEATHER SCAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please bring back Weatherscan! It was a place to go to check the radar during storms and is also a safety issue. For the price I pay for xfinity I think it should be included in the package !

New Poster

If Comcast truly represented all customer's wishes, there is no way Weatherscan would be dropped. Just ask us. This is the only service that gave us instant radar. The Weather Channel doesn't even come close as a substitute. They are not the same as they were years ago when they were all about local and national weather forecasting. Now their major focus is weather entertainment. Give us a chance to tell you Comcast what we watch and want. I'm sure you know though what stations we tune into and therfore this decision to drop Weatheansscan is about something else which you will not disclose to us. I am disgusted with Comcast on a regular basis for so many reasons, but this is the final straw. I will look to replace you finally even though I've been with you for over 35 years. I've said for a long time that we cannot afford you anymore as you add things we do not want and continue to up the prices. As a senior citizen on a fixed income, it is clear you do not value us as customers. And as you continue to take away what we valued and add what we do not value, we must go.
Tags (1)
New Poster

I heartily agree!! Take away the Weather Channel with all their nonsense and give us WeatherScan instead. Much more useful!

New Poster

Re: Weatherscan Channel 116

I can't believe they took off our Weatherscan.  They need to bring it back!!!!

New Poster

Nobody at Comcast apparently cannot give a legit answer. I'm going to assume it's the subscriber getting ripped off again  while the fat cats at corporate are raking in profits and stockholders are reaping the benefits. Comcast has no worries though because our government has allowed them to monopolize the cable industry and anything else is subpar service. So unless you cut your subscription altogether,  we are stuck with sneaky bill hikes and shrinking services. #CUTTHECORD

Contributor

Wowsers Gracie5507,

ComcastTeds or one of his buddy administrator removed all of my posts about BRINGING BACK THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL to this forum after my last 'non-profane' posting on 10-12-2017 A 09:12 PM !!!???  

Gee Whiz ComcastTeds and ComcastJessie... am I hitting a resonant chord or just a corporate nerve this time?????

Contributor

Gee Whiz Osbueno!  Do you think the blockage of your posts about BRINGING BACK THE WEATHER SCAN CHANNEL!!! <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Solicitation">  Are FACEBOOK & TWITTER bad words which are censored by the policies and guidelines of this forum??? Hmmmm?!

New Poster

Weather Scan Channel

I am very disappointed that Comcast dropped the Weather Scan Channel recently.  It was always the first channel I turned on in the morning to check the daily/weekly weather.  It doesn't compare to The Weather Channel!  I just don't understand the logic in doing this.  I miss this channel every day!

New Poster

I found out that the "HIGHER UP'S" decided that our area no longer needed the WEATHER SCAN channel. STILL BILLING FOR IT THOUGH.  The other weather channel is not good at all, unless you have tornado's coming. OR you have to watch your clock & HOPE to MAYBE get local on the 8's. NOT ALWAYS. Weather Scan is the 2nd channel that is gone from our package. STILL BILLING FOR IT THOUGH!!!!!!

New Poster

STOP billing people for the channel the "HIGHER UP'S" decided to remove. B.S.

New Poster

Re: weatherscan

I'm from Michigan and I just noticed weatherscan has been dropped here too, we'll never know the real reason why but you can bet it had to do with profits. Weatherscan didn't generate enough income since there was NO advertizing.

Regular Contributor

Re: Weatherscan Local

Hello all,

I truly do apologize for all the frustration this has caused. Though the popularity of this channel has been noted, as part of our on-going evaluations of the content we deliver, unfortunately we decided to discontinue delivering the Weatherscan channel. As nerdberg stated you can submit to request a channel by going to the Customer Feedback Form. Again I apologize for all the frustration this has caused you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Missing Channel

I'm also surprised to see that we no longer are receiving News 12 New Jersey or The Weather Channel. Is there a reason why these channels have now disappeared from the Comcast offering?
New Poster

The Weather Channel does not offer converage on the weather like the Weatherscan did. Most of the time it will only show the temperature and chance of rain for the day way in the corner while a weather related show is playing. I rely on Weatherscan multiple times throughout the day for my day and week planning. In all honesty, if your ongoing evaluation was a good representative statistic to evaluate the content that you deliver to us (the customers), the Weatherscan would not have been removed. While it may not be planned to bring the Weatherscan back anytime soon, main thing I would like for you to takeaway from this is that the Weatherscan was one of the most reliable and convient sources of information weather related.

Frequent Visitor

I agree! Channel 116 was used by my whole family. I don’t want to send my kids to an app to see the weather before school every day. No time for that, and no interest! Bring channel 116 back!

Official Employee

Re: Weatherscan

Apologies for the inconvenience, our content teams work daily to bring you the best, most expansive programming possible. We regularly evaluate our lineup as our customers' needs change, so this channel may become available in the future. I can certainly take your request and notify our content teams of your interest to add this channel.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

But WHY??? MANY of us relied on the WeatherScan Channel and miss it sorely! There is NOTHING comparable in your entire line-up!
PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

Frequent Visitor

I don't know who your "evaluators" are, but they need to be fired. WeatherScan is a very popular channel and maybe you could spend part of your yearly billions in profits to retain a channel that is well liked and almost a public service. When your executives wonder why they are the most hated company in America, they have to look no further than decisions like this.

Frequent Visitor

I believe ratings are based on 15 minutes of viewing time. Since most people don't watch WeatherScan for 15 minutes, it doesn't show on the ratings.

Official Employee

Re: Missing Channel

@TJE51 wrote:
I'm also surprised to see that we no longer are receiving News 12 New Jersey or The Weather Channel. Is there a reason why these channels have now disappeared from the Comcast offering?

Apologies for the issue and experience that you described above. I am still seeing News12 NJ available on channel 62 and in HD on channel 1127 in your area.

Are you still having this issue? Are you seeing a black screen, blue screen, or an error message or were you not able to tune to this channel at all (does the box skip over that channel)?

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@ComcastMichaelP wrote:

Hello all,

I truly do apologize for all the frustration this has caused. Though the popularity of this channel has been noted, as part of our on-going evaluations of the content we deliver, unfortunately we decided to discontinue delivering the Weatherscan channel. As nerdberg stated you can submit to request a channel by going to the Customer Feedback Form. Again I apologize for all the frustration this has caused you.

What would be the point in requesting the channel.  You decided to discontinue it, DESPITE this topic already existed and people expressing outrage.

The only conclusion is that the decisions Comcast makes have nothing to do with what their customers want.  The saddest thing of all is that you have to defend them.

New Poster

Weather channel 116

What happened to the weather channel on 116????

Official Employee

Hello all, the "Weather Scan" channel was removed from most regions on 10/10/17 and will be completely removed from all Comcast channel lineups by 12/10/17. Please tune to your local news stations or other weather channels within your region for weather information. 

Contributor

fini

:-(

Contributor

maybe I'll cancel comcast when my contract is up? It is rediculous you keep getting rid of channels without adding new ones or reducing the fees I pay each month.

New Poster

Re: What happened to Weatherscan Local on 101?

I'm another long time Comcast customer very disappointed by the elimination of the Weatherscan channel.  Even the once dependable "local on the 8's" has been reduced to a banner on the bottom of the screen during most programming.  How is less information better?  I tuned in Weatherscan everyday and during bad weather much more often for the radar loop.  My guess it was eliminated due to the little if any ad revenue the channel brought in.

New Poster

jtkirk, We lost weatherscan too. I am going to calculate the 2 channels taken off our pkg. & just not pay for them. Comcast has been notified. That's the main reason we went to the higher amount package on cable, is to GET weatherscan. 

New Poster

tomsweet, I did an online chat & was told by a Comcast rep, that the "Higher Up's" made the decision to remove the channel, because there was not enough viewership/interest in it. Just like that!!! STILL BEING FOR IT THOUGH!!

Expert

@wojswife2 wrote:

jtkirk, We lost weatherscan too. I am going to calculate the 2 channels taken off our pkg. & just not pay for them. Comcast has been notified. That's the main reason we went to the higher amount package on cable, is to GET weatherscan. 

If you do not pay your total bill you will be charged late fees.  If you decide to not pay those, your account could be suspended or terminated and your bill turned over to a collection agency.

From the Customer Agreement:

• ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT

If you use or otherwise indicate your acceptance of the Service(s), you have accepted this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms.

CHARGES AND BILLINGS

• a. Charges, Fees, and Taxes You Must Pay. You agree to pay all charges associated with the Service(s), including, but not limited to, charges for installation, service calls, monthly service,...

CHARGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), XFINITY Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations.

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Very bad decision to drop weatherscan local channel.   It was the one channel I would watch every day.   Why not get rid of useless channels like Viceland instead.    You've added many more channels into the "1000" range, so I doubt there are any technical limitations for dropping the channel.   Is it because there was no commercials for ad revenue?   

New Poster

Weatherscan was the main reason we kept Comcast. The weather channel is a waste of time. The small line at the bottom of the annoying people on the weather channel is too small for seniors to read. Weatherscan, however, was perfect for us. Please consider your customers. Right now, we recognize that you don't care about us.
Regular Visitor

What kills me is that I called about it and was told that there were "technical" difficulties" and 116 would be back on in 2 or 3 hours. The Weather Channel shows everything BUT WEATHER!!  Truckers in Canada, fat guys in the woods,,airplanes. I am beyond disgusted. The customer service regarding this issue is beyond terrrible. Lots of out and out lies and non answers. Evidently, Comcast does not care anymore about the opinions of their core customers....