Community Forum

We recorded CWS game & it cut off in the 7th inning. Doesn't Xfinity know how long game lasts?

New Poster

We recorded CWS game & it cut off in the 7th inning. Doesn't Xfinity know how long game lasts?

This is terribly frustrating to have regularly scheduled game not be completely recorded.  It didn't go long or overtime.  Why doesn't Xfinity record entire game?

Regular Contributor

Re: We recorded CWS game & it cut off in the 7th inning. Doesn't Xfinity know how long game last

I just found a Twitter feed from yesterday's game, and it look like it took almost four hours to play for some reason. The time slot was for three hours. Comcast does not have the ability to automatically extend a live event being recorded if it goes past its scheduled time; I have been told that some systems in Europe can do this, but am not aware if any in North America do.

One of the options you can set when recording something is when it ends - usually "on time", but you can set to to something like "one hour later." This may come in handy for Game 2, which will start about 15 minutes late because of earlier weather problems.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: We recorded CWS game & it cut off in the 7th inning. Doesn't Xfinity know how long game last

@Foxieladie51, @ThatDonGuy
Do you have the X1 platform? If so, it has the ability to extend games automatically.
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/DVR-Auto-Extend-Live-Events/m-p/2895600#M8278...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I was not aware this technology had been introduced by anybody in the USA. The things you lean on the internet...

However, I see that "college baseball" is not listed as one of the events that has this feature.

Also, Xfinity should consider adding it to major live awards shows (e.g. the Oscars and the Emmys, which tend to run long), and not just sporting events.

Highlighted
Official Employee

ThatDonGuy, thank you for reaching out! I appreciate your feedback and will make sure it's submitted to the appropriate team. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!