Community Forum

Washington DC, CBS Comcast Cable 9 is missing from streaming service

New Poster

Washington DC, CBS Comcast Cable 9 is missing from streaming service

Please return this OTA channel to the available channels.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Washington DC, CBS Comcast Cable 9 is missing from streaming service

moved post to the channels and programming area.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@wandere wrote:

Please return this OTA channel to the available channels.

When the owners of a local television station, quit transmitting a sub-channel, Comcast looses the right to carry that channel under any of their services. So for now you can't get it.

Things could change in the future if the owners of the particular channel were to get bought out, or sign some agreement to get carried on some form of service (cable or otherwise).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Two questions:

First, what is your ZIP Code? It will help identify just where you are without giving too much personal information away.

Second, do you receive any other CBS stations - for example, WJZ (channel 13) in Baltimore? I am under the impression that Comcast is starting to crack down on cities that get more than one channel belonging to any particular network, since it has to black out the network programs on all but one of them.

New Poster

The DC CBS channel is still available via XFinity streaming service, but only as an HD channel. HD channels aren't supported on some devices. The result is that no CBS channels are available in the Xfinity stream service.

In the 22201 area, the DC CBS station should be available on channel 9 (SD) and 809 (HD). Both are available on the Xfinity set-top box. Only 809 is available in Xfinity stream's TV guide.