Community Forum

WGN American gone off channel stating it was not authorized in my area it was on channel 15.

New Poster

WGN American gone off channel stating it was not authorized in my area it was on channel 15.

Was watching channel 15 WGN America after install of X1 and the next day it was gone stating that channel authorize with a status code of 580.  

Official Employee

Re: WGN American gone off channel stating it was not authorized in my area it was on channel 15.

Hi there, sbanes1944. Welcome and thank you for posting. I can help you with this! Is this happening on one of our small adapter boxes?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: WGN American gone off channel stating it was not authorized in my area it was on channel 15.

There are more channels not available and it is on box small and on new x1 boxes installed on five days ago.   They are 15 wgn, 111 id, 117 we, 180 wgn, 189 up, 282,288,297-tbn channels.  I was told these were removed from the up package I am now on and it does not make any sense to me.  I was told that hopefully they will return as some of these are channels I watch all the time,  The agent I spoke to was very nice in trying to help me.  Please put these channels back on

Official Employee

We handle accounts all across the US, I will need to pull up your account to help you with this. Please send me a private message with your name so I can take a look.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I made an "update" yesterday to my package and now we don't get WGN. I was told that WGN is no longer available anywhere on xfinity. I spent 30 minutes on the phone to find out that the update that was supposed to get me more channels lost me one of the channels we watch the most! Please help
New Poster

I was told that the missing channels are being negotiated.  Go to support.xfinity.com\svp-contact-form and voice your concern as they were very quick to respond to my concerns.  Maybe the more people contacting them and let them know about their missing channels will help.

Official Employee

Hello @bbacker2002, thanks for reaching out and I can double check on this for you! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.