Community Forum

WGN America and WE gone after upgrade

New Poster

WGN America and WE gone after upgrade

I upgraded my Internet speed from 250 to 400 and re-upped my contract for two more years and my WGN and WE channels now say they're not part of my package. I didn't change my Digital Preferred TV package, so what gives Comcast?
Regular Contributor

Re: WGN America and WE gone after upgrade

they gone

I was told the same thing in michigan

i decided not to upgrade

New Poster

I wasn't told that they'd be gone. I was supposed to be remaining on the same package that I already had.
New Poster

I was just told the same thing, WGN is no longer offered because Comcast lost their contract with them.  Only grandfathered packages include WGN......which suggest there IS still some maintenance of a contract!

New Poster

I said specifically, I did not want to loose channels,  I would have opted NOT to upgrade if I knew what we would loose!!!

Official Employee Digital Care

Hello, all. 

thank you for your feedback regarding WGN and WE. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My reward for agreeing to an additional 2 year agreement was to lose WGN an WE.  This doesn't make sense. These channels should be made available to existing customers who renew an agreement if you continue to provide these channels to other customers.