Community Forum

WFN (World Fishing Network) going away.

Regular Contributor

WFN (World Fishing Network) going away.

I started subscribing to the Sports & Entertainment Package specifically to get WFN; I pay extra for the package.  Now I see on my latest bill that WFN is being removed.  Not just from the package, but entirely.  WFN.com suggested that I let you know that I'd like to see their channel kept in the lineup, so that's what I'm doing.  I'd also like to know what other channels ARE still on my Sports & Entertainment package -- and whether you plan to remove any other channels for which I'm paying extra.  I'm in 08562, if that helps.  (And since you'll have a slot open, and I'm willing to pay extra for the package, how about adding RFD-TV to Sports & Entertainment.)

New Poster

Re: WFN (World Fishing Network) going away.

I am extremely upset that they took  wfn off my channel line up,,  why would you do that?, drop some cooking channels or kid channels or get rid of msnbc or cnn  but not wfn !

New Poster

I am ANOTHER unhappy customer due to the WFN being removed from the lineup. I switched to comcast from verizon because they dropped WFN. Since i switch i have had nothing good from comcast,my first three months of service were pure agony....

I lost my lineland phone service,your reps couldn't provide the lineups they told me they could. Now all the outages on the cable,and internet are unacceptable. 

Some really poor customer service and products we are paying top dollars for!

Official Employee

allen656, I am sorry to hear about your frustrations! I would like to dig into this. Please send me a private message including  the name as it appears on the bill, your name if different, full address and phone number. 

New Poster

I signed up for the sports package just to get WFN. Today I turnef the TV on and I find the channel is gone. I doubt they will compensate for the loss. Maybe it is time to search other cable options. Sad after being a customer for over 40 years
Official Employee

Hello, I'd be happier to dig into this deeper. Please send me over a private message with name, address and phone number. I appreciate it. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNicole wrote:

Hello, I'd be happier to dig into this deeper. Please send me over a private message with name, address and phone number. I appreciate it. 

To which poster are you addressing your message?

Official Employee

Hey mrshvd3, sorry for the confusion here. I  was reaching out to you here. 

Official Employee

Lbafins, I would be happy to review this for you as well. Please private message with the name, address and phone number to get started. 

New Poster

Now living with a VERY UNHAPPY Hubby due to the decision to drop WFN with NO explanation!  Unacceptable! 

Official Employee

sad4,, I'll be sure to pass on your feedback about WFN. We examine channel lineups often to offer the best content available. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNicole@ComcastNicole wrote:

wrote:

Hey mrshvd3, sorry for the confusion here. I  was reaching out to you here. 

I appreciate your clearing up to whom your reply was directed.

World Fishing Network has been dropped by Comcast, all told.  And given the history of channels being dropped, I've never seen one come back by popular demand.  So, I don't know what my name, address and phone number might do to help.  I am in zip code 08562, I have Comcast Garden State Cable in Cherry Hill (or Voorhees), N.J.  If you really need more than that, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why.  And thank you for replying.

Official Employee

I apologize for any inconvenience. This channel is no longer available.Comcast has no current plans to offer the channel again in the near future. Comcast still offers many channels that offer similar programming:  ESPN2, The Outdoor Channel, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network, Discovery, FS1, National Geographic Wild, National Geographic USA and The Sportsman Channel all offer programming related to fishing. Also, Xfinity X1 customers can also access the World Fishing Network YouTube channel

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNicole wrote:

I apologize for any inconvenience. This channel is no longer available.Comcast has no current plans to offer the channel again in the near future. Comcast still offers many channels that offer similar programming:  ESPN2, The Outdoor Channel, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports Network, Discovery, FS1, National Geographic Wild, National Geographic USA and The Sportsman Channel all offer programming related to fishing. Also, Xfinity X1 customers can also access the World Fishing Network YouTube channel

As others have mentioned, we also signed up for the Sports & Entertainment Package because the World Fishing Network was part of it.  It was all fishing -- not a little bit of fishing thrown in with a lot of auto racing and stick & ball sports.  The Tennis Channel is all tennis.  The Golf Channel is all golf. 

If you wouldn't mind one more reply, can I find out what channels are still on the Sports & Entertainment Package in my area (08562, Comcast Garden State Cable), please?  That's all I want to know, what channels are still in that package in this area.  Thank you.

Admin1

mrshvd -- You can find a full channel lineup list on January statement. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastZach wrote:

mrshvd -- You can find a full channel lineup list on January statement. 

The full channel lineup didn't answer my question, which is specifically what channels are included in the Sports & Entertainment package. 

Admin1

mrshvd -- The full channel lineup breaks down by what channels are included in each package. You'll find what channels are included in Sports & Entertainment by looking at the Sports & Entertainment section of your lineup. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastZach wrote:

mrshvd -- The full channel lineup breaks down by what channels are included in each package. You'll find what channels are included in Sports & Entertainment by looking at the Sports & Entertainment section of your lineup. 

Thank you! I didn't look far enough. Kudos to you!

Admin1

mrshvd3 -- You're welcome! 

New Poster

I am also upset that WFN has been removed.  Is there a plan to add more fishing stations?  

Admin1

Hi Cdamico19 -- We do not have a plan to add more fishing channels at this specific moment but we may add others when we reevaluate our channel lineups. 

New Poster

We are terribly disappointed in the removal of the world fishing network.  We were loyal watchers and my husband found it both entertaining and informative.    Please reconsider reinstating this channel.  It is really the only channel my husband enjoys.   Do it for me! Please.