Community Forum

WE TV and Investigation Discovery Channels - Where are they?

New Poster

WE TV and Investigation Discovery Channels - Where are they?

I am hearing conflicting stories regarding WE and Investigation Discovery channels.  I am a new customer to comcast and I regret moving over having not known that the 2 channels mentioned are not available for new customers.  How is it possible that WE and Investigation Discovery channels rank in the bottom 5 of all channels, when so many people are upset about losing it.  Surely all those music channels aren't watch as much as these channels.  

I have some people telling me you can add it to you line-up and other tells me you can't.  We have a high paying package and I can't these channels.  Why?  How can I?  Someone tell me the truth.  This is very frustrating.  

New Poster

Re: WE TV and Investigation Discovery Channels - Where are they?

I called tonight to add a box to our existing service and was told both these channels will not be carried.

They aren’t renewing the contract. ID is my favorite and most watched channel. I hope they can renegotiate!
New Poster

Bring back The ID channel, please!  I just changed packages and was not told that i would lose ID or WE. Once i saw they were missing, I called to get them back and they told me they were “discontinued.”  But they are still listed on the guide.  It really stinks that they took away my favorite channel. BRING ID BACK, COMCAST!!!!!!!!

New Poster

All I did was move from one area to another. Should have ONLY been a change of service to new address. Instead, I was NEVER told I would be losing channels and received a convoluted water down generic answer when calling saying that contract not renewed. However, the day before moving I still had the channels and all of a sudden...kept the SAME service just moved it to a new address...and those channels are not in my overly priced plan? I have been with Comcast, Xfinity, Time Warner, Wade...through all of the name changes for 30+ years and this is what I get? Think maybe it is also time for a change in service, this time dropping my $200+ dollar monthly services.
Frequent Visitor

losing these channels is bad enough, but when you call in and stay on the phone for hours, all while everyone says you should have them, and they even go so far as to ask techs to come out when you tell them it's not your box! the lack of honesty is what's so awful here. they are still listed as available. that's false advertising at best. I have already signed up to have dish installed, unfortunately I have no other internet option or I would be gone completely.

Expert

I just checked my listings in my service area in MN.

I do now have both WE tv and I.D. both in the SD listing 100's series, and in HD 800's series.

Maybe they are being brought back in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello everyone! 

I would like to clear up some of the confusion. Depending on the area you live in, these channels have either been compleatly rermoved from the lineup or are only available in the Starter cable tier. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was told we only have it because we’re grandfathered in and if we change our service we’ll no longer have ID. We have their highest triple play at $225 a month before all the extra fees. We’re thinking about getting rid of Comcast and going to direct tv now. They offer the ID channel in their $40 package and we’ll get internet from our cell phone provider. We’ll be saving over $100 a month. It’s bad business in my opinion to lose customers over a channel they can easily continue to provide.
Official Employee

Donewxfin, Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I definitely understand how this is a frustrating situation and I will be sure to pass along your feedback.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

As there has been no new activity in a week, I have closed this thread to further comments. If any of you are in further need of assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.