Community Forum

The only way I can get rid of Showtime is canceling my cable entirely?

Regular Visitor

The only way I can get rid of Showtime is canceling my cable entirely?

I've reached the limit with Showtime and am unwilling to have the money I pay for my cable bill providing those scum any money. Today I tried calling Comcast to get rid of it. The completely insane response was that I basically have a choice between canceling my cable TV service entirely or keeping Showtime. I can't get rid of it any other way since it's included in some sort of package I'm on that doesn't exist anymore, and the only packages that exist now are much more expensive, since they have a ridiculous amount of additional channels I don't want to go along with the dozens I already have now I don't ever watch. I really only watch five channels (three news channels, AMC occasionally, and PBS), and I'm not paying more money per month just to get rid of Showtime and instead getting dozens more channels I have zero interest in like the nine different ESPN's. So basically Comcast is forcing me to cancel cable TV service and get Sling or something instead just to get Showtime off my service. It's baffling.