Community Forum

The Weather Channel is worthless as a source of weather information

Regular Visitor

The Weather Channel is worthless as a source of weather information

We just experienced our first band of severe thunderstorms in 2018. It is also the first set of storms when we did not have the local Weatherscan channel. <br><br>With this experience I can offer two truths. 1 I was less prepared to be safe in my home before and during the storm. 2. The replacement Weather Channel is worthless in providing accurate and meaningful local weather information. <br><br>Comcast needs to reconsider deleting the local Weatherscan channel. How can anyone think that the public is well served with the current arrangement of sporadic local on the 8s forecast for a city 30+ miles away that is stuffed in the right margin of the tv screen of the Weather Channel showing excerpts from Highway to H*ll tv show? <br><br>Is this some kind of joke?
Regular Contributor

Re: The Weather Channel is worthless as a source of weather information

@whits-ender wrote:
We just experienced our first band of severe thunderstorms in 2018. It is also the first set of storms when we did not have the local Weatherscan channel. <br><br>With this experience I can offer two truths. 1 I was less prepared to be safe in my home before and during the storm. 2. The replacement Weather Channel is worthless in providing accurate and meaningful local weather information. <br><br>Comcast needs to reconsider deleting the local Weatherscan channel. How can anyone think that the public is well served with the current arrangement of sporadic local on the 8s forecast for a city 30+ miles away that is stuffed in the right margin of the tv screen of the Weather Channel showing excerpts from Highway to H*ll tv show? <br><br>Is this some kind of joke?

What would you have done if you lost power and couldn't watch tv? You should have more than one method to get your weather if you're going to make a big deal about weather.