Community Forum

Tennis Channel Everywhere but Comcast

Frequent Visitor

Tennis Channel Everywhere but Comcast

Why is Comcast the only major cable provider not to offer the Tennis Channel Everywhere app?  Score another one for FIOS!

New Poster

Re: Tennis Channel Everywhere but Comcast

Just realized this as we'll. Not happy. This just might be the last straw for me to switch to direct tv or fios.
New Poster

We would be happy with Tennis Channel added to Comcasts Watch TV options to allow us to stream some of the matches. That is also available on Directv and FIOS. How bout it Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

So you are saying you can use the Tennis Everywhere App to stream live programming in Kansas/Missouri?
New Poster

I would like to get the Tennis channel on my iPad.  When I will be able too.

New Poster

Why Comcast is not listed on tennis channel app to watch live?
New Poster

Yes, this is silly. Come on, Comcast, can someone in the know give us some info?

Contributor

It's on here in the Denver Area (But you need the Digital Sports package to get it though)

Hey Comcast - Tennis is NOT the NFL !!  You might wanna consider replacing NFL Network on channel 168 with Tennis Channel.  I'm HARDLY a tennis fan but I do know a thing or two about sports networks & the sport they cover though

Cheers Smiley Happy

PC

Frequent Visitor

My posting is referring to the Tennis channel app; available to most cable companies but Comcast. Thanks for your input anyway PC. Now you can go drink a cold one (or smoke a big boy in Colorado) while you wait for the NFL to start.
Contributor

Sorry folks but I doubt that Comcast will ever be an option. Look up the history between Comcast and The Tennis Channel. We are lucky the Tennis Channel is even available with Comcast with all of the conflicts they have had.

It sucks but I'll at least take the channel

Frequent Visitor

You,re probably right about the app, but if comcast ever does cancel tennis channel I will switch.
Regular Visitor

If Comcast got rid of the tennis channel I would switch to another provider.
New Poster

How come I pay for the sports package and I can't get the Tennis Channel Everywhere app?  I'm getting real tired fo the high prices guess it's time to start looking at dish.

Frequent Visitor

I just chatted with a Comcast representattive and he told me that Comcast subscribers will be able to use the Tennis Channel Everywhere app starting on August 24th. I hope this is true as it will be just in time for the US Open.

New Poster

That is great news. I hope COMCAST will keep its word. Let's wait and see. 

New Poster

Another unhappy Customer. The internet side is great. The TV side sucks. I should be able to use the Tennis Channel app. I pay for the tennis channel. Don't limit me Comcast. I can watch the tennis on the WatchESPN App with no problems. Maybe it is a licensing fee problem between Tennis Channel and Comcast.
Regular Visitor

It is still not available on Comcast
New Poster

Not yet working for us in New England, very disappointed. Fios is in our area will be checking it out soon. Was hoping to watch us open but still not able to as of August 30
New Poster

Can't watch the US Open tonight from my hotel online. Extremely frustrating seeing as I pay for the Tennis Channel and it's available from pretty much every single other TV provider.

Frequent Visitor

You can watch live matches using the US Open app and also on the US Open website.
New Poster

Thanks, did the trick.
New Poster

Like the other posters, I have NOW come to realize that the Tennis Channel Everywhere App STILL does NOT work for me, seemingly because Comcast cannot reach agreement with the Tennis Channel.  This has been going on now for over a year, as I first noticed it when the TennisChannel App was released early last year.

This is so LAME, but when I saw all thenew promotions for the new TennisChannelEverywhere App for Apple TV, I *assumed* that this would have been resolved.  But no, it is not.

I called Comcast Tech Support who researched it for me, and reported that their support notes indicate that this will be available by 4Q15.  Just in time for the end of the tennis season.

Comcast, get your act together!  This is an embarrassment for your company and you will be making a ton of people unhappy as the Austrailian Open revs up the new tennis season.

This is going to make me reconsider DirectTV, plus their "complete coverage on all courts" capabilities!

Come on Comcast, join the 21st century!!

New Poster

This really sucks!! 

New Poster

Come on Comcast, what is wrong that you can't agree to terms with Tennis Channel Everywhere.

Shame on you, another unhappy customer .

New Poster

I suggest everyone who want tennis channel online or free without the sports package (do you pay to watch golf? - No we dont) , write to Tom Karinshak from the comcast customer service feedback portion of their page. It appears that Comcast does not even monitor its own forum pages for complaints. If enough of us complain, they might pay attention especially if we walk to another service provider - dish anyone? Apple TV also suffers the same problem with no support from Comcast

Contributor

This is all too familiar and reminds me of the 4 year wait some of us have been on for the return of Universal Sports. When you view the picklist on the Tennis Channel Eveywhere site there are tons of providers listed there but not Comcast. I think it boils down to *greed* on management's part as there isn't really another viable explanation. If they ever get it together and begin to look after their customer's interests it will be the day the hades freezes over. Thank goodness for Watch ESPN, but really for those of us with AppleTV or other options it's getting really old.
New Poster

that's it.  no tennis app, just like it took forever for hbo app.  verizon fios here i come!

New Poster

Yeah, I hate that too and think about Verizon FiOS all the time...

Does anybody know what's the deal with this?

New Poster

I am really disgusted with Comcast on this issue. I am a tennis fan and might have to leave Comcast eventually because of their many failed promises about getting Tennis Channel Everywhere. It is frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Just to add, with the new Net Neutrality bill that's in effect Comcast is now in violation of the bill by blocking access for Tennis Channel Everywhere.
New Poster

There is no excuse for not supporting TennisChannel online.  The only bit carrier not to do so.  Seriously considering a change.

New Poster

Add another unhappy customer.  I just switched from Dish to Comcast. I tried to log in to watch tennis channel online and could not believe they were not on the list of vendors to validate with.  Very dissapointed that such a large company cannot get this figured out for their customers. We pay extra to have Tennis Channel at home, take a little bit of that money and apply it paying your developers to work it out with the Tennis Channel so we can watch like may other smaller companies do.  

Starting to regret switching from Dish to Comast now.  Too bad I'm past my 30 day trial.  

New Poster

Completely agree with the users on the forum. To prohibit us from watching online/ mobile app is essentially not providing the service we pay for (additionally, I might add). Another unhappy Comcast customer here.

Comcast, get with the times. On top of increasing pricing every quarter and being the most expensive option out there; not offering a service that we pay for (tennis channel) via mobile application is yet just another knock against you. My advice, improve and focus on customer demands or lose market share.
New Poster

Contract is up in 5 months. Bye-bye Comcast!

New Poster

I'm afraid i have to totally agree.   I've been dedicated to comcast for a long time.. even worked for them for a time..  I dont know what executive decisions is going on here to cause this but its a dumb decision.. its obvious this is something we want and we DO PAY for it.. i dont know if there is another plan to use our demand to get more money in your pockets or what your ideas are but dissapointing us so many times.. not a good plan.  If we can get better services elsewhere.. I suggest you pay more attention to your customers or you wont have money for your pockets.  Comcast your actually making me consider changing over to another plan and i have NEVER considered that in 14 years.

New Poster

This is ridiculous. We basically already pay for it, and we don't get it. Definitely has me considering a switch to Fios.

New Poster

Still in the middle of the cold war between Comcast and the Tennis Channel. This has been going on almost as long as the real cold war between the West and the Soviets lasted. Why i can't get TTC on my Roku box, or anything else, other than thru my cable box is insane in 2015. Will cancel right now, if i can get a rep on the line. Time to move from Comcast and their hijinks. Enuff!

Frequent Visitor

Yes, it is ridiculous.  If I didn't have a friend with Verizon Fios who lets me use their password for T.C. everywhere, I would have dropped comast a long time ago. 

New Poster

This really is disappointing. I never would have switched from Fios to Comcast if I had known I couldn't get tennis channel everywhere. This really stinks!

Now the alternative is that I can purchase Tennis Channel Plus, but for the Australian Open you can only get 1 channel. Another disappointment is that Comcast doesn't have Do Not Disturb. This is disturbing. I think I may give them 3-4 months then I will switch back.

New Poster

Yes. This is becoming really disgusting. I don't know if comcast wants a boycott from tennis fans like us. 

New Poster

Please include access to Tennis Channel on the app, Xfinity! It can't be that challenging or expensive. Your competitors are doing it. You are second rate without it.
New Poster

Two years later and they did NOT keep their word, if you're an Xfinity customer you still cannot stream TC in the tennis channel everywhere app, whether or not you pay for TCplus
Expert
Moved:

New Poster

WE WANT THE TENNIS CHANNEL, COMCAST. GET IT TOGETHER. ROLAND GARROS IS STARTING. IT'S BEEN YEARS. WE WANT A RESPONSE TO THIS PROBLEM.

Contributor

I just went to watch the French Open, only to discover Comcast won't let me.  Found this thread... two years this thread has gone on and not one response from Comcast as to why TC Everywhere isn't supported.  The list of cable/satellite companies that support TC Everywhere is huge, including all the major providers, but no Comcast.

Shame on Comcast!!!

New Poster

What a shame.  Is was on for years then it just disappeared!  

Official Employee

Patriciapett wrote:

What a shame.  Is was on for years then it just disappeared!  

Apololgies. Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the Tennis Channel to offer access to their programming and coverage online or via your mobile device. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Not acceptable. After almost 20 years as a Comcast customer, it's time to look for another provider. There's really no excuse that an agreement can't be made between both parties, considering every other TV provider has. Ridiculous.

Comcast Tennis Channel.jpg
Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

Just a bummer to find out Comcast doesn't support Tennis channel app. Get to the negotiating table, Comcast and make a deal.