Community Forum

Tennis Channel Everywhere but Comcast

Expert
Moved:

Re: Tennis Channel Everywhere but Comcast

New Poster

It seems everyone is aware of this fact ,but obviously there is demand for the service. When will this change?  

New Poster

I enjoy watching tennis, I have been a Comcast subscriber for many years and it is hard to understand why Comcast/xfinity doesn't support the tennis app.
Official Employee

Hello, BounceHit and joyseeker. Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the Tennis Channel to offer access to their programming and coverage online or via your mobile device. I apologize for any inconvenience. We constantly evaluate content availability for our customers. We can pass along your feedback and note your interest.​​

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Don't need an apology...we need Comcast to solve the problem!
Official Employee

Hello GenBri, I show that the Tennis Channel is available in your area on channel #786 and #1224. To view this content on the go, please download our "Xfinity Stream app" so that you don't miss any of the action. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have been watching the Tennis channel on Comcast for several years (channel 707 in Denver).  I had to pay for the sports package.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi highkeas, I understand what you mean and I apologize if you were unaware of our channel lineup changes. The Tennis channel was moved to our sports package in your area, if must have the sports package or have a qualifying TV package to receive this channel. 

New Poster

So will I switch.
Official Employee

Hello blcgibson. In your area, the Tennis Channel is currently available on the channels listed below and this channel is included with your current level of service.

Channel 735 Tennis Channel  SD
Channel 862 Tennis Channel HD 
Channel 1224 Tennis Channel HD 

If you need help with Tennis Channel availability in your local area, I can help. Please send me a private message with some additional details so I can assist. We value your business. 

You can find these channels in your local channel lineup:  https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

New Poster

Get an agreement with Tennis channel! You should be providing this service!

Official Employee

Hello Dsr1. In your area, the Tennis Channel is currently available on the channels listed below and this channel is included within our Digital Preferred level of service in your area.

Channel 411 Tennis Channel SD
Channel 634 Tennis Channel HD 
Channel 1224 Tennis Channel HD 

If you need help with Tennis Channel availability in your local area, please send me a private message with your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist. We value your business. 

You can find these channels in your local channel lineup:  https://customer.xfinity.com/local-channel-lineup

New Poster

We know you don't have an agreement with Tennis channel. That's not the question is.......why not!

Problem Solver

Adding one more voice of disappointment on this issue. I just upgraded to the Preferred channel lineup, where I do get Tennis Channel. But I am away from home 50% of the time. The Xfinity app won’t let me stream Tennis Channel when using my current mobile carrier. Nor is Comcast/xfinity supported via the Tennis Channel app. Very very disappointing.

Would I have mobile access to Tennis Channel via mobile (not home WiFi) if I switched my mobile carrier to Comcast?
New Poster

This is NOT acceptable, Comcast! A hundred other cable providers offer Tennis Channel for mobile devices, including all of your competitors. Please fix this problem immediately.  Tennis watchers are your best demographic!

Official Employee

Hello TennisSteve, I understand that you desire to watch the "Tennis Channel" for mobile devices but we do not have an agreement to stream content on their app. If you would like to see this content on a mobile device you can download the Xfinity Stream app and take all of your favorites with you anywhere. 

New Poster

Dear Comcast Tennis Fans & Comcast/ Xfinity Staff:

Tennis Channel and Comcast / Xfinity have (sadly) been feuding for years. See link to Variety article from 2015: http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/fcc-refuses-to-rehear-tennis-channel-case-against-comcast-120141782...

A quick note to Comcast Staff: you can not take Tennis Channel with you when you travel as mentioned in the previous post by "ComcastAmir." It's one of the few channels that must be "viewed at home" by Xfinity Stream. "To Go" is not an option on your tablet or other device. Please rectify this ridiculous issue. We pay for the service as part of the Sports Package and should enjoy all benefits.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

GBT

Official Employee

gobeantown wrote: "Dear Comcast Tennis Fans & Comcast/ Xfinity Staff:Tennis Channel and Comcast / Xfinity have (sadly) been feuding for years. See link to Variety article from 2015: http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/fcc-refuses-to-rehear-tennis-channel-case-against-comcast-120141782... A quick note to Comcast Staff: you can not take Tennis Channel with you when you travel as mentioned in the previous post by "ComcastAmir." It's one of the few channels that must be "viewed at home" by Xfinity Stream. "To Go" is not an option on your tablet or other device. Please rectify this ridiculous issue. We pay for the service as part of the Sports Package and should enjoy all benefits."

Any content (besides pay per-view) that you see on your TV you can set it to record on your DVR and then download it to the Xfinity stream app and take it anywhere and watch anytime. This will not be live, but this is a way to ensure you never miss any of the action. 

New Poster

Boooo! Hisssss!

Unbelievable!  Over 4+ years of comments on this topic and no resolution.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">  This is especially aggregious since this we have to pay a premium price to Comcast for the Tennis channel.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

If I had another option other than Comcast I would ditch Comcast.  THIS IS NO WAY TO ENSURE CUSTOMER LOYALTY MUCH LESS HAVE YOUR CUSTOMERS PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

New Poster

WRONG. You must be streaming your home internet in order to stream Tennis Channel. "On the go" is misleading! Fix it Comcast!
New Poster

You can’t watch Tennis Channel outside your home WiFi. Comcast is not in the Tv provider’s list dog the Tennis Channel app. Unbelievable. I had to purchase a 1yr subscription. We are trap. Comcast needs to address this issue. 

New Poster

The bad thing is you cannot subscribe to the Tennis Channel, only Tennis Channel Plus. Therefore you will not be able to see the "show court" matches. This stinks!

New Poster

xfinity is horrible!

Regular Visitor

Why Isn't The Tennis Channel available to stream on Comcast Xfinity?

I pay this company a lot of money and am angry that I can't watch TC.

New Poster

We would like to be able to watch our ATP tennins while travelling and on the go, not just while at home - we can do that on the TV. Please consider partnership with Tennis Channel to allow Xfinity Clients to watch Tennis Channel while travelling and on the go.

Thanks!

New Poster

I agree!

Regular Visitor

This is unacceptable,  I personally love tennis and if this does not change I will be looking for a new provider.

New Poster

I also have xfinity and  can't watch TENNIS CHANNEL outside of home network. COMCAST has to pay some money and get a deal done with TENNIS CHANNEL so that we can watch whatever we paid for. XFINITY is stonewalling and not allowing its customers to enjoy what they paid. It is very sad. COMCAST employees who read this forum should reach out to their TOp MGMT and tell them how customers are affected and should resolve the problem instead of giving BLAND answers and so called sorry. We don't need that and we want to watch tennis channel on the road. Hope someone will listen and take up this issue within comcast

New Poster

This is terrible. Can’t watch live, can’t watch remote. App doesn’t allow you to. Forget it, I’ll switch to just getting the mobile app and cast to TV.