Community Forum

Telemundo randomly cancelled

New Poster

Telemundo randomly cancelled

Anyone else have Telemundo conveniently removed from there package just a few months before the World Cup starts this summer, only to be told that it was never part of your package, even though you’ve been watching it regularly for 3 years?
Official Employee

Re: Telemundo randomly cancelled

wrote:
Anyone else have Telemundo conveniently removed from there package just a few months before the World Cup starts this summer, only to be told that it was never part of your package, even though you’ve been watching it regularly for 3 years?

Notifications of Telemundo channel changes made on Jan 18, 2018 were included in your December statement. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Telemundo is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. Comcast just passes on what is aired and has no control over affliation changes by local broadcasters.

Contributor

Actually I think Comcast does have a say whether the network can be carried on that specific local station since they own Telemundo. So if a carriage agreement wasn’t met between Comcast’s NBCUniversal (owner of Telemundo) and OP’s local affiliate tv station then the channel disappears or is no longer carried.

That depends if that station is Telemundo owned. Not sure where OP lives though.

I remember seeing the same message at the bottom of my screen while watching Telemundo a week ago. Not sure if something changed here where I lived though. I doubt it since WWSI is operated and owned by NBCUniversal.