Community Forum

Telemundo not in HD?

Frequent Visitor

Telemundo not in HD?

I live in Indianapolis. I am seeing the exact same Telemundo on 3 different channels, but none are in HD and the picture quality is AWFUL. Channel 1019 is mixed in with HD channels all around it. But it's not HD.

What is going on with this? I know telemundo broadcasts HD. I want to watch the Copa America tournament in 2 weeks with relatives coming from South America. This channel looks like it's not even 480p... it's bad.

What are my options here? Am i missing the HD channel somewhere?
Regular Contributor

Re: Telemundo not in HD?

Telemundo is a commercial broadcast network, like ABC and CW. It's possible that your local Telemundo broadcaster doesn't broadcast it in HD for some reason. Also note that the channels numbered in the 1000s are just duplicates of the ones numbered 1-999.

Do you happen to know the call letters of the Telemundo stations you do get? Alternatively, what is your ZIP code, so I can look it up?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info. My zip is 46227, any help would be much appreciated !!

Also, it says 1019 WDNI
Official Employee

ryanfreeman1976, thank you for reaching out. Was ThatDonGuy able to help out? If not, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can take a look at the lineup you're subscribed to. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Thatdonguy, those numbers are not duplicates in Central and Southern Indiana. The 1000 numbers are the only locations for HD channels for those who have Comcast in the Indianapolis area.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

ryanfreeman1976,

I’m sure it has a lot to do with the fact that your local TV station “WDNI” isn’t owned and operated by Telemundo (Comcast). It’s owned by Urban One.

And by the looks of the TV station “WDNI” Wikipedia page. There is an HD feed but AT&T U-Verse doesn’t seem to have it also (who is another TV provider in your area). Dish Network (satellite company) is the only TV provider in your area that carries that TV station channel in HD.

I’m sure if that TV station was OWNED by Telemundo / Comcast then you would of had the channel in HD. But since there is an HD feed hopefully when Comcast goes into carriage talks for renewal with Urban One they could ask for the HD feed.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy