Community Forum

Target or profiled Commercials

New Poster

Target or profiled Commercials

Its pretty obvious that Comcast has the capability to dish up commercials which they think are relevant to a specifc viewer.  Whate if their profile on a given viewer is wrong, is there a way to inform and educate Comcast so that they replace and mix up thier commercials?  

For an example, what if you lived in the City in a high rise apartment but Comcast thinks your a farmer from Iowa so you get all these commercials geared to that way of life, verus city living?  THoughts?

Expert

Re: Target or profiled Commercials

@Omenx wrote:

Its pretty obvious that Comcast has the capability to dish up commercials which they think are relevant to a specifc viewer.  Whate if their profile on a given viewer is wrong, is there a way to inform and educate Comcast so that they replace and mix up thier commercials?  

For an example, what if you lived in the City in a high rise apartment but Comcast thinks your a farmer from Iowa so you get all these commercials geared to that way of life, verus city living?  THoughts?

Are you talking about commercials that are Comcast specific, ie selling Comcast products?  Just regular commercials?

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Regualr commercials.  I can see clearly they have us targeted for a specif group and its wrong.  Drives us nuts and thier doing thier sponsors a diservice.

Expert

@Omenx wrote:

Regualr commercials.  I can see clearly they have us targeted for a specif group and its wrong.  Drives us nuts and thier doing thier sponsors a diservice.

Comcast has no control over what an ad agency draws up for a specific sponsor unless it's for their own commercials.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Comcast doesn't control a given commercial and its content.  What they do control is what Commercial comes to you persoanlly.  You ever see the COmcast Business Commercial that says "We understand how to market to youor target Audicence".  THe Commercial goes onto show women excersising and then highlights women 25 - 34 with a bright light.  It then shows something simialr with Men.  They profile us and then target us with Commercails that are specifically focused to our profile.  So this is a given, no debate.  

So now who / how do we talk to Comcast marketing to have em adjust our profile.  Its a simple question.  I guess COmcast doesn't monitor these boards or doesn't want to respond.