Community Forum

Tampa Bay Lightning is not on TV

New Poster

Tampa Bay Lightning is not on TV

I live near Fort Myers, FL and I havent been able to watch a single Tampa Bay lightning game this whole season. The guide will say that it is playing on Fox Sports Sun but when I go to the channel its playing some other show. I live less than two hours from the stadium where they play but I cant watch their game for some reason. Can someone explain this.
Valued Contributor

Re: Tampa Bay Lightning is not on TV

I believe Ft. Myers is considered Florida Panthers home territory. Do you get every Panthers game on FoxSports Florida? If so, that's why you don't have access to the Lightning games.

New Poster

What is the rationale behind making a west coast city a Panther zone?
Valued Contributor

You would need to ask the NHL. The league sets the home territories for each franchise.

New Poster

Is there a way to have comcast set my zipcode for a territory for the Lightning?
New Poster

Same problem here, but never once has anything from comcast been able to provide an answer better than 'It must be FoxSports, call them'. maybe time to pull the comcast junk equipement and find another provider, customer service it at all all time low. 

New Poster

Tampa Bay Lightning games have aired in the Fort Myers area during past seasons.  Someone decided to broadcast it this 2017-2018 season.  Now how do we get these games back?

New Poster

NOT broadcast the TBL games this season.