Community Forum

TVE apps

Frequent Visitor

TVE apps

Anyone else having trouble with Xfinity authorization for CNNGo Comedy Central or TBS.?
New Poster

Re: TVE apps

We lost Comedy Central a few nights ago. First night the screen said we weren’t authorized. Tonight it states it’s a subscription service. When I contact Support they said it’s a licensing issue with Comedy Central but I couldn’t find anything online

Official Employee

Hi everyone, 

The owner of this network recently removed Xfinity from its list of supported providers because they previously included it in error. You can still watch this programming anytime, anywhere via the Xfinity Stream app for mobile devices or online using the Xfinity Stream portal.

How are you all accessing it? Through the TV box? Or through their websites? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I was attempting to watch it on my Apple TV. There is as of yet no xfinity app for the Apple TV. And you are taking on demand access away from the TiVo. It’s starting to look like xfinity wants to force us into their apps and boxes. I fail to see why Viacom wants that, but a whole lot of the streaming tv intersection with cable makes no sense.
Official Employee

Hello, jmagg. Unfortunately, accessing it through apple tv, not through our app, is the same as trying to access through the network's website.

In order to get access come back, Viacom and Comcast will need to reach an agreement. 

I do not have information if that is planned right now.  

I do appreciate you reaching out to us about it. We love feedback! Smiley Happy

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

So is there any progress on getting the xfinity app on Apple TV? Or TiVo?
Also, my friend who has satellite doesn’t have these problems, why does xfinity always seem to be the one with stuff not working. I have a TiVo with lifetime service so I am stuck with xf for the time being, but these constant problems are getting old. And the phone support is abysmal. The first night it happened I made three calls. The first two disconnected me and the third kept telling me that the app is not supported. I would have to call cnn. Finally after a half hour of going back and forth I guessed that there was some kind of deal gone bad. She said that might be the case. A little more upfront honesty would have saved me an hour and a half of frustration. The way xf is handling the TiVo on demand issue is much better. Letting the customer know ahead of time so we can explore alternatives, etc.
that’s actually how I discovered the problem. Trying to find a solution to watch shows that I forgot to record, I tried the apps on the Apple TV. So maybe some kind of announcement instead would be better than stuff just stops working.
Official Employee

Jmagg, 

I understand where you are coming from. Communication and Transparency are extremely important pillars that Comcast used to fortify the customer experience. I appreciate your feedback in reaching out and posting. As for right not, there are no updates regarding the apps. Situations like this can take a bit of time to achieve a resolution. You have been very patient regarding this matter and I appreciate it.